Elder Rigby testifies

October 31, 2016

Mom,

Good morning,
What are we doing currently as a family studying wise?

Thank you for sending me all those pictures! I'm sorry again about your uncle it warms my heart that you had so much family at the funeral. Oh! I'm so glad you are going to the temple and going to try to encourage neighbors and inactives to get involved in family history.  Family is truly a blessing and when we recognize it comes from God life becomes beautiful! Don't worry I pray all the time I pray out loud in a different room but Elder Sanchez says it distracts him... looks like i'm going to a closet! 
I'm going to really try to have some fun tonight! I love you mom!

 I really feel we need to come closer to Christ as a family! I want to be apart of what you are doing. Are we studying a conference talk? Book of Mormon? Which one? Talk about it and find out what we should do or recommit to do! 

Mom, tomorrow is five years since you almost left us. I love you with all my heart and tomorrow I am fasting to show God how grateful I am to have you still. You are the greatest sign of God's love for me. Have a great day tomorrow and stay safe! I love you and am so grateful to have you mommy!



(Seleck sent us a copyof his weekly letter to his mission president.

Dear President,

Things are great! My heart is feeled with sorrow and remorse that I failed to truly appreciate Elder Sanchez during these last 11 weeks because of little "annoying things" He is truly a great man feeled with the pure desire to help others. He is so humble and kind. It's amazing now that I think about it the difference I experienced between the transition of Elder Horsley(an all star athlete and "very popular" talented young man) to Elder Sanchez the humble piano player from mexico. There is so much to learn from others. These relationships are molding me and letting me see my imperfections and I thank God for it. I love Elder Sanchez he has taught me so much about how I REALLY need to kill my pride and let go of the natural man.

My time at the temple was incredible it was the first time I feel like I was spiritually mature enough to appreciate the endowment session. My love and appreciation of the Plan of Salvation has increased tremendously. The principal I learned of the doctorine of the fall is that we are sent here to improve. In order to improve we have to make mistakes. We were sent here to make mistakes that by experiencing the absense of light, so we could find it and become more like Jesus. We are also here  to acknowledge that we have done wrong, and to use these mistakes big and small to learn to how and why we need to follow Jesus. 

I testify that so far on my mission I've felt pain for past sins and current ones but through Christ I have repented and become better. Without making mistakes we cannot learn!!! That's why we are here to learn so we have to make mistakes sometime!

Elder Sanchez and I are doing grand we take conversation cards with us so I can practice my spanish and it makes it easier for him to talk! Spanish is hard but I'm working harder! It's coming:)

Current progress of our investigators...
Jorge-
What a great man but he just won't read the Book of Mormon we've tried everything. We need to pray harder for him. He really wants to be baptized but I fear that he will not continue on the path of conversion afterwards if he doesn't read. We have some member present lessons with him I hope it goes well. This week my tongue was loosened and I testified with everything I had of the truthfulness and the joy we receive from Christ through reading the Book of Mormon and how Joseph truly was a prophet and that through him we have this church which allows us to feel all of God's love! Bap Date Nov 12 his family is still not interested at all. This is very hard for him

Noel
This young father is still unable to work because of the nerve condition with his leg. He hardly has food in his cupboards. His marriage is struggling a little bit and it wasn't til one of our next lessons that he told his wife he wanted to be baptized. His wife is interested about reading the book of mormon and finding if this path-baptism- is right for her, but they have not begun reading either.  It's hard just reading the Book of Mormon, opening the door to Christ, begining to nourish the seed will bless them and solve so many struggles for them but they haven't begun to read. We are trying to have a member lesson with them as well hopefully this will change things as well... members are the key!

Oscar
Oscar is reading but is unwilling to set a date to be baptized because his family members have birthdays during every month...I don't know he doesn't have much a desire to do anything haha a member again will only solve this one

Jose Corea
We called him last night and he read 1 nephi 5 so thats a great sign but the catholic belief of the virgin mary is sill holding him back from Baptism.

In our finding efforts we are trying to establish a relationship of trust and then strongly testify of the truth- that because God loves us he has sent the fullness of truth through the restoration. It's been a little rough so far when people really don't want to talk to us but God will help us become better and help us overcome our weaknesses so we can help bring the spirit of truth to their hearts.
 
We have to take advantage of every opportunity to testify of truth while making sure they know we love them... I pray they will know both of these truths that we do love them and that our message is true. Jesus is the Christ, Joseph was a prophet, and the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ!


Love Elder Rigby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday