Happy Thanksgiving


selfie before heading out on a cold night tracting

Celebrating our  Zone leader's  bday at Taco El Rey
Dear family, 
I've learned so much this week honestly and it's been a tremendous experience. God has given me these 2 years to learn how I can be happy. Sometimes I have to feel sad to know how I can learn this but it's worth it. Following the Savior is worth it.
In my personal studies this week, I've been blessed and enjoyed learning about the Sons of Helaman in the Book of Mormon. This is my favorite scripture that I've taken from my studies.

39 And those sons of the people of Ammon, of whom I have so highly spoken, are with me in the city of Manti; and the Lord has supported them, yea, and kept them from falling by the sword, insomuch that even one soul has not been slain.

 40 But behold, they have received many wounds; nevertheless they stand fast in that liberty wherewith God has made them free; and they are strict to remember the Lord their God from day to day; yea, they do observe to keep his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments continually; and their faith is strong in the prophecies concerning that which is to come.

 41 And now, my beloved brother, Moroni, may the Lord our God, who has redeemed us and made us free, keep you continually in his presence; yea, and may he favor this people, even that ye may have success in obtaining the possession of all that which the Lamanites have taken from us, which was for our support. And now, behold, I close mine epistle. I am Helaman, the son of Alma.

God has made us free. How many people know not that they are free? Do we sometimes forget that we also are free if we just look unto Christ? 
19 Behold, he was spoken of by Moses; yea, and behold a type was raised up in the wilderness, that whosoever would look upon it might live. And many did look and live.

 20 But few understood the meaning of those things, and this because of the hardness of their hearts. But there were many who were so hardened that they would not look, therefore they perished. Now the reason they would not look is because they did not believe that it would heal them.

 21 O my brethren, if ye could be healed by merely casting about your eyes that ye might be healed, would ye not behold quickly, or would ye rather harden your hearts in unbelief, and be slothful, that ye would not cast about your eyes, that ye might perish?

 22 If so, wo shall come upon you; but if not so, then cast about your eyes and begin to believe in the Son of God, that he will come to redeem his people, and that he shall suffer and die to atone for their sins; and that he shall rise again from the dead, which shall bring to pass the resurrection, that all men shall stand before him, to be judged at the last and judgment day, according to their works.

 23 And now, my brethren, I desire that ye shall plant this word in your hearts, and as it beginneth to swell even so nourish it by your faith. And behold, it will become a tree, springing up in you unto everlasting life. And then may God grant unto you that your burdens may be light, through the joy of his Son. And even all this can ye do if ye will. Amen.

Above all I've learned this week that true Joy, hope, and peace lies in our Savior Jesus Christ and we just have to LOOK! We may not be able to see him today but as we close our eyes and kneel in prayer I believe we can begin to see him. 

My ultimate Goal in these two years and my life(it'll take some time) is to become better and to eventually become a true disciple of Jesus Christ-a Son of God. Many people, like myself, put these people the armies of Helaman, the Prophets of the Book of Mormon, the saints who crossed the plains, and other people like these on a pedestal, but the truth is the path to greatness, the path to Christ begins and ends on our knees. 

I'm so imperfect. I so easily think negative and selfish thoughts but I've really tried to spend more time on my knees and I have seen that I've been able to feel so much more love for my Savior and the love he and our Father have for us! This love brings so much hope for the future! 

I am so grateful for Jesus Christ! I really hope that you and I can take a step of faith this Thanksgiving and Christams season to pray that God will help us feel the Joy of Jesus Christ that our eyes and hearts may be open that we may feel and see his love.

And now ask yourselves this question...What shall we give in return for so much?
It doesn't have to be big it could be as simple as choosing to thank him before we leave our Bed in the morning! I know we can do it and as it sounds like from what I've gotten in some emails you already are so keep it up!

For me I am going to practice greater Faith and testify with all my heart at every opportunity of Jesus and The great light and truth that he has given to us in these latter Days!

Elder Nunez is still pretty cool we are getting along! I like him... sometimes I don't know If he likes me:) I bet I drive him crazy sometimes! 

Noel and Jorge have both seemed to have lost interest right as they could've been more commited than ever I'm trying my very best to help them feel God's love and arm reaching out to them but at the end of the day people have their agency. Oscar came to Church again this week he's really starting to melt into the Branch he came to the Thanksgiving party and just loved it! 

I love you all! Thank you for your emails and Mom ecspecially thank you for your letter and package! I'm so proud of all of you! your goals are awesome lets go accomplish them!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Love, Elder Rigby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday