November 2016 update and pics from arrival in Yakima

Elder Rigby with Elder Horsely
I came across these pics from Sister Lewis's blog she keeps for the mission and thought I would share.  They were taken on August 16, 2016 when Elder Rigby arrived.  I am kind of glad I am just finding them now- I think I would have totally lost it....
At the airport

Waiting for pick up

Lunch at the mission home

paper work

I spent my first day with this guy

Dinner at the mission home



All of the arriving Elders and Sister 8-16-16

Great taste- same tie

Training

Welcome to the Yakima Washington Mission, Elder Rigby
First things first- answering mom's questions

Elder Nunez- Elder Nunez is SO cool!  It's amazing the things you can learn from people.  He is hispanic from Mexico City and is 22 years old.  He is really helping me enjoy my mission.  His Grandparents are converts and his older brother and dad served missions.  He's been out 10 months.  He loves to wear his eskimo hat with a head lamp with a big trench coat.  He has a great look.  All of the Elders think he is the coolest!  I feel pretty lucky!

Jorge-  He slipped off the map.  I don't know what happened but he didn't come to church.  He called us back and dropped one of his appointments.  I think the pressure to appease his wife has pushed him away from accepting our challenge (she's Christian but she doesn't like us).

Thanksgiving plans- We are eating with the Itchen family!  Sounds like we'll have a good meal.  The family has 3 boys between ages 12-18 and 2 girls- 7 and 4.  They are hispanic/black and recent converts of 2 years.  They were sealed in the temple last month.  A great family, but there is still nothing like Thanksgiving with the FAMILY!

Dinner appointments- We have dinner appointments all month- don't worry mom!

Sleeping GREAT!

Weather is usually overcast.  We can always see geese and big planes (big airstrip near by).

The branch- What great people.  We feel the love here so much!  They're so kind and loving but there are some that are really going through some trials.  just like any ward or branch.  One of my favorite people is Brother Luna!  He and his family do so much for the branch.  They feed us every week.  They have 3 little boys that remind me a lot of me, Stockton, and Madsen.  They are having us over for family home evening tonight with Noel's family.  I'm so excited.  He, Brother Luna has showed me and reminds me what I'm working towards... to be a good father and a disciple of Jesus Christ.

Thanks You's

Please tell the Weavers next door thanks for all cards and candy- make sure they get the letter.
Please tell gpa Weaver thank you so much for his letter.  It was really nice to get after a kind of rough day!
Please tell gpa Rigby thank you for the email and letter from Eldro- it made me so happy!
Dad thanks for the jerky- you did GREAT and I love those mints too!  I'm working hard and I don't look for the pat on the back, but your approval/pat on the back makes me really happy- Love you!

I truly enjoyed reading the conference talk this week, "Joy and Spiritual Survival"  That is so True.  Jesus Christ IS Joy!  Because of him we can be happy no matter what because we know all of our trials will be for our gain!

I love how Elder Neilsen used a little bit of Hebrews 12.  Read it- it's great.  Jesus was able to suffer because he was able to  focus on true joy for others.  Let us make his sacrifice worth it and focus on the glorious joyall us will have together because Jesus made it possible for us to not only live again but become better! 

Well I have to get ready for Family home Evening.  I love you all so much.  Mom, thank you for your email.  I've been reading Alma and I'm to the Stripling Warriors.  Thank you for helping me not to doubt by showing me you KNOW!

Love you all- Have a great day

Love, 
Elder Rigby
PS any chance you can put together a flash drive of some cool spanish gospel music?  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday