Our Saturday Emails are great, but there is nothing like a letter in the mail... this week Elder Rigby sent a letter addressed simply to Brothers and Emma... the letter is a keeper and probably something children of every age should be reminded of... I share his letter below.
October, 17, 2016
Dear Brothers and Emma,

How are you doing? Are you all getting along with each other?  I hope so!

These last couple of weeks have been very interesting.  I'm really being humbled and stretched.  Learning a language while trying to find the answers to my investigators' hearts so they will commit to baptism has been hard!  Hey, but I am alive!

I hope you all like my letters.  I love you all so much!  

Leaving you has made me really think how much I truly love you all and want to be with you forever!  As we've seen in  mom's and dad's siblings a lot of times they don't get along!  This is not good! I want as well as God wants us to be that family that likes to be around each other!  I wish I would have focused on this goal as much as being Student Body President last year.  This is so important.  More important, than everything!  Ha Ha... I'm giving a good pep talk so far aren't I?  Just kidding.

The point is please be kind to each other.  Be humble and understand that all of us need to improve and change!

Emma please be nice to the brothers.  Stockton has a lot on his plate.  It would be nice- really nice if you gave him a glass of water while he's doing his homework. Also, really try to be Madsen's friend.  This relationship is absolutely critical to the happiness of our family (make his bed or something)!

Stockton and Madsen, please be kind to each other.  Stockton keep working hard in football.  The struggles you have  had to go through are huge- tough games, injuries, being a leader, living up to everyone's expectations- WOW! So proud of you! You're so strong!

Madsen, Dad told me a little bit about some talk you're having.  You are becoming so much more wise, hard working, and closer to God than I thought possible at your age.  So proud of you!

If there is one blessing I wish the Lord will give this family, our family, is the ability to stay close.  I believe this starts with you!  please take the time for each other.  Stockton, please make Madsen your best friend!

Maleck, love you pal!  What are you going to be for Halloween?  Please be nice to everyone!

It's sad but after high school our friends will be gone and we will only have each other!  I pray God will keep us close!

Love you all!  Have a great week!

Love, Elder Rigby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday

1st transfers