November 28, 2016


11/28/16
Dear Family!
made a bunch of goodies for some less actives and investigators.  Mom, thanks for the muffin mix- they loved them!
 I hope you are all having a great day! This week has been a week of learning-just like any other week here on the mission but I've begun to learn a very valuable lesson.
Obedience
 41 And moreover, would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and ithey hold out faithful to thend they are received into heaventhat thereby they may dwell with God in state of never-ending happiness. remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

This is true I have been blessed so much this week by putting a active effort towards being perfectly obedient and we have seen miracles.

One night at about 8pm when we were going to take a quick stop by Oscar's house and I had a prompting that someone here needed to here our message. In my head I thought, " It's 8:00 we'll come back later, knocking doors at 8 pm is a good way for the public to hate us...but then I thought about all the examples of the lord providing a way in the scriptures so... I repented and we stopped."

Elder Blake an elder from SLC who had been out for 3 weeks was with me and he agreed quickly and we began to tract! It wasn't bad.  We met a really nice black lady and a few other people but then we ran into a man named Ian. 

Ian had left his family in El Salvador to work here in Moses lake where he could labor in the Potato Fields and send money back home to his family. We got to know him the best we could and began to feel how much he missed his family back in El Salvador. We were able to share how Jesus helps us during our times of loneliness and he accepted our invite to come visit him in an earlier hour.

This may not seem like much, but to me this is a miracle. Thanks to God, we were able to find a lonely man that spoke spanish in an area where it is very hard to find hispanic people. I don't know if anything will come about of this meeting. When we revisit his home, he may not even be home but the point is if we do everything the lord asks us to do he will guide us and we will see miracles. Ian is a son of God just like me. I think it's amazing that he loves us enough me and Ian to show us that he lives.

I read this scripture this morning and it really helped me.
19 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will beforever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spiritand putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement oChrist the Lord, and becometas child,submissivemeek, humble, patient, full of lovewilling to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit tinflict upon him, even as child doth submit to his father.

Life is hard but sometimes we just need to sit and listen for the spirit and submit ourselves to the circumstances God has enabled to roll our way. I need to take all my trials from struggling investigators, sore throat, etc. with gratitude and be as a little child and submit the will of my Father. Christ was the perfect example of this-when all is said and done let us do the will of the Father because we love him. I will do the will do my very best to serve God here in Moses Lake because I love him.
After a tough exercise I thought I need to take a pic just because
Elder Nunez and I are getting along pretty well! He doesn't talk much so it's really hard to tell what he's thinking. I try to be nice to him-I make him breakfast every morning-I hope he likes it I'd be hate to be feeding him something he doesn't like :)

It's hard with a cultural difference to really become friends! We're having a hard time communicating openly but I keep trying! I hope in time he'll open up!

I'm learning more Spanish! I can almost understand everyone! However it's really hard to learn a language where your companion is speaking English because he needs to learn it and when he speaks Spanish his mexico city accent makes it really hard to understand,



We did service for this Mexican guy named Carlos.  We are doing the ground work for his conversion

but I have Faith and I'm trying to take advantage of every opportunity so It's going to work out!

Oscar is doing well he came to 3hrs of church yesterday and gave some great comments in priesthood! when we came over for a lesson this week he was rolling cigars so haha wish us luck! He is doing a pretty good job at reading, praying and aknowleging the spirit so I'm proud of him!

We've loved sharing the Christmas initiative with everyone that's on Mormon.org! It is really opening hearts! 
We are struggling to find new investigators but I'll pray really hard this week and I know he will help us!
Thanksgiving with the Ixcheu family
I love you all so very Much thank you all for your Emails! Mom thank you for your package this week! 
Maleck Happy Birthday!
I'll write some letters to you all love you very much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday