Meet Elder Nunez


Me and my new companion, Elder Nunez
Dear Family,
This week has been great though a little strange without my trainer!
It's been a great experience so far leading the area, carrying more of the burden as far as planning goes(who to visit, what streets to tracked, and etc.) because Elder Nunez just got here. The more days go by the more I realize how weak I am. Often times, I think  that nothing else then perfect will do, nothing less then a perfect question during a lesson, or the perfect house to knock on, or the perfect response/testimony to a person's comment; however, whenever I think about this I realize I am just the very imperfect messenger that possesses the perfect messenger the holy Ghost- and the only thing I need to do is listen.

This is very helpful to remember because earlier this week it seemed like everything started to go wrong(no idea what I was doing, had to prepare for a talk during church, and a lesson during priesthood, our area books got locked in the church) but at the end-last night-everything was right(Noel and his family had come to church as well as our friend Oscar, we are going to have a FHE with the first Counselors family(Lunas) with Noel and his family, and we have lessons with almost all the active members in the branch this week- beginning to light a fire of missionary work) sorry a lot of parenthesis:)

The truth is I am just blessed to be here. We do nothing -we are simply the tools that the Lord uses.

Elder Nunez is the coolest! While I was getting stressed out this week, he'd just lean back in his chair and say "don't stress yourself! He is teaching me so much how to be a better teacher and a better person by just taking each moment one at a time. Above all else, I've learned that we can be working hard and still be going slow enough mentally to be able to listen to the Spirit and stay calm.
As I've said earlier it's been an interesting week in the area but the truth is it's been probably the most fruitful. Oscar said he really enjoyed Sacrament meeting-I'm beginning to see the change in his eyes as he is beginning to feel the Holy Ghost. Oscar is reading-made it to 2nd Nephi, but he is having a hard time relating the scriptures to himself so they can help him-we'll work on that
Noel and his wife Carol are still not reading, but they and specifically noel have a strong desire to change. I pray as we share the message of Christ's atonement this evening at the Luna's home they will feel a desire to look unto Christ, begin to feel of his joy, and to take up their cross and follow him.
love you all!
 I'll write a letter home- I have much more to say ran out of time 

Pday is on tuesday next week!
Lunch with the new Branch President, President Jones




Saying good bye to Elder Sanchez

Still making flyers- this is for our Thanksgiving party this week.  We like to give them to people- members, less actives/investigators and random



Lately, I have been making tons of cookies.  These are for a less active family in the branch.  The mom has been struggling with some heart issues.  It was nice because in broken Spanish, I was able to relate to her that my mom went through some time like hers (I'm better looking than this pic shows- I promise).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday