MTC- one month

Hello everyone!
Well this week has been just tremendous...I believe it's because of all your prayers! It's amazing how a prayer of faith can help another. Thank you. 
My Family! How is Vancouver! Madsen I'm so proud of you hope you are having a great time with your friends and having success on the field! Stockton! Are you just home alone? You sure did well at the football comps this week congrats bro! Hope your team is doing well and you're enjoying your opportunity to share the gospel with Charlie. She's such a nice lady! Maleck and Emma I hope you're just loving Vancouver! Thank you for your prayers! Mom thank you for taking time for me in this busy week to send me an email! Dad good luck with the team! You've become quite the coach. There is no doubt that you have changed the lives of many boys. Someday I wonder what my baseball experience would've been like if I had a coach like you during my years on the field.
Grandma thank you for the package I will love you forever.
Questions from mom...
How's the food---okay but I hate lines
Time going by fast or slow---the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days
Language---Toce su hijo mujera. Ayer podría obtener un grande victoria de dutchland. The germana estaban pantalones tristes. Mi compañero necesita usar a la baño mucho momentos pr todos los Días. Durante mi lección con Daniel Vi el espíritu en el. A veces el señor ponónos bajo entones podría llevar más alta
When do I leave-August 16 
My most spirit filled moment of the week- was watching the Joseph smith film Sunday night. It is by small and simple things are great things come to pass. From a farm boy in New York to a small band of followers growing into church throughout the world even to an 18 year old trying to get ready to teach the gospel in a language he doesn't know
How is watching over 50 missionaries- a lot of responsibility but it makes me turn outward and forget myself. Funny thing we have a French elder in our zone and we've become good pals it's been great his name is Elder Tavella.


I NEED A ROPE Please---to Connect my carry on bag to my bigger bag the clip doesn't work:)-please help!




7/31---8/6(2016) MTC

7/31

Sacrament meeting
* Faith proceeds the miracle
* Moroni said if men have no faith God can do no miracle among them
* Memorize Moroni 10:32, into thy hands I commend my spirit
Devotional
* Small moments bring the greatest memories
* People in your heart can't hear what's in your heart
* Sometimes the spirits promptings seem inconvenient...will we have the courage to follow the promptings of the spirit
* DC 38:27 if you are not one ye are not mine
* Are our decisions faith based?
* When people understand who God is we understand our wrong ways
* Always say I love you

8/2
W. Christopher Waddell 2 counselor of the Presiding Bishopric-evening devotional- what I learned and felt
* Going on a mission and serving a mission are 2 different things...are we going through the motions
* The difference between being a disciple of Christ and not...
    * The missionary/disciple of Christ that only looks how this situation is affecting his/herself cannot see the needs of others
* What makes us who we are is how we help others...this is what decried Christ's life 
* As we do all the we can to serve the lord he will guide us
* The faith to find and baptize converts (talk from elder Andersen)
    * It's not enough to baptize
    * It's about helping people one by one find the iron rod strengthening them enough so they can hold on and become truly converted
    * We are workers in the vineyard some plant seeds, 
    * We we serve them by helping others come unto Christ in whatever way big or small that is
    * The Book of Mormon accompanied by the spirit is the greatest power of conversion for ourselves and others
    * The second vision Joseph had, out of all the things it could've been about, was the Book of Mormon.
* District Meeting
    * To have Charity we have to become something... When we have great hope which leads to faith...a miracle happens...and this hope, a precept of the love of God,...inspires us to give others hope by showing them Gods love
        * We begin to truly love others we will first have received gods love...through reading the scriptures, praying, repenting of our sins, become baptized, and receiving the Holy Ghost.
8/3

Cool news I talked in my sleep tonight in Spanish...How Cool Is That!!!
Today was a pretty good day got better at past tense it's pretty hard because every verb changes depending on past present and future. We also had an investigator TRC with a 21 year old Brazilian named Daniel. It's really hard because his Spanish isn't that great and ours is obviously not great so it's hard to understand. That's besides the point we had moments when the spirit was strong such as when Elder Horsely told the story of the first vision and when I testified that the Book of Mormon is true. It was my second time teaching the restoration it has blessed me so much.
In my scripture study I've recently read in 2 Nephi 27 The spirit taught me that if I want to change the path is to understand what the scriptures are saying, then figuring out how this doctrine can guide me to make certain choices, and then make those choices.
The Lord has blessed me so much with a great family, Some great friends, and the ability to learn more about him and his gospel and learn Spanish fairly well for just 4 weeks. I've received some nice letters from Stockton and mom thus far this week they were both sincere and very nice.
Oh and today elder Horsley and I gave a tour and had a brief welcome/meeting with the new missionaries that just arrived today. Poor them tomorrow is going to be a long day!

8/4
Well I strained my calf ballin out in soccer. It's been a tough week physically buy hey my Spanish is becoming a little less gringo so that's nice! Today I memorized alma 32:27. Sometimes we don't feel like we don't have much faith and sometimes we don't but let us remember even if we just have a desire to believe it is good enough for the beginning. Let us build upon the faith we have by doing the simple things of sincere prayer and Book of Mormon reading.
Oh one more thing today we did a lesson over Skype! I felt like we needed to talk about the Holy Ghost and it was something she really needed to hear. I'm so grateful the Holy Ghost esteemed me worthy to receive direction

8/5
Today we beat Germany, got a bombin package of Nutella, pretzels and chips, Salsa. Also got my flight plans... Today has been so great. Oh and my calf is feeling a much better!
Turns out that it only takes 55 minutos to Seattle and 40 minutes from Seattle to Washington. Compare that to a 16 hour plane ride to Argentina and then a 13 hour hot bus ride. Pretty nice.
Tonight we had our last discussion with Our Brazilian friend Daniel. The Spanish left me. Don't know where it went but it's all good. He enjoyed our visit and before we left he told us to open the scriptures, flip to a random page and then point at a verse. Earlier that day, I felt that we needed to talk about the atonement, but I wasn't sure how. This scripture was in Alma chapter 7 the start to a beautiful description of the atonement. He promised he would read this chapter. What a reconfirmation that we are the vessels whereby God accomplishes his work. 
image1.JPG
Our new fridge 
image2.JPG
Late night hoops-got the stuff from the elders that left this week in our zone we are now the oldest
image3.JPG
Me and Elder Gatherum
Also another cool thing found my friend from EFY in 8th grade from Atlanta this week

God bless you

Love Elder Rigby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday

1st transfers