Welcome to Moses Lake

Hello! This is Elder Rigby. I'm serving in the Northern portion of a desolate place called Moses Lake, Washington.
I have been called to invite all those within my reach to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the end.
arriving in Moses Lake


This has been a very interesting week we flew from Salt Lake to Seattle and then from Seattle to Yakima. After arriving in Yakima, I spent a brief day enjoying good food, spending some short one on one time with my mission president, saying some good byes to Elder Horsley, Bergman, and Bonny, and then being assigned and sent off to the great place called Moses Lake.
Saying good bye to Elder Horsely

The Gift of tongues is real. I love getting to know the people. They are so willing to let this white young, strangely dressed boy into their home that they can't communicate with. I love them. This week has been primarily focused on helping Jose Luis and Jorge Figueroa come to Christ.

Jose Luis has committed to Baptism on Sept 24-before I got here. He is very willing to change but he does not believe he can. We are trying our best to help him. He lives alone and works in the potato fields. His friends are not the best influence, and I am sure he is getting taunted for talking to the missionaries. I hope I can help him more. I cannot understand what he says, but I am able to share my testimony and share scriptures. Hopefully, we can help him come to church this week. The branch here is wonderful and help him tremendously.

Jorge Figueroa I have so much hope for. He has a great family who doesn't want to talk to us yet, but this week we will focus on sharing the plan of salvation. 

The plan of Salvation inspires us all, no matter who we are or what we've done, to change and come unto christ for it is through his suffering that all of us can be made clean.(3 Nephi 27) We can be made clean. We can change. If we believe in Christ, we will understand that we can become clean. When we think we are past saving or, that we can't change then we are denying Christ's atonement. I know he has borne our griefs and carried our burdens and through his stripes we are healed.

I've also worked on getting to know less actives. Our allotment of Moses lake that is separated between 3 sets of Spanish speaking missionaries has very little active members; therefore, we spend most of our time reaching out to them. This week, we are going to write some notes to these families, so hopefully they will be more receptive to us and willing to give us their phone numbers, so we can contact them more effectively.

I'll be dead honest I get home sick. The mission is hard. My fridge is broken. The best thing I ate-except for sunday;)-was toast... I love toast though so.. Esta Bien. We study for four hours a day which gives me too much time to think. Sometimes I shed a silent tear thinking about my family, but I'm getting through it. My goodness I love being out of the apartment so I can start to really focus on why I'm here and forget myself. I'm working on forgetting myself but I'm with him all the time so It's hard to lose him.
My testimony is growing. I try to talk to many people as I can even if they can't understand me and I can't understand them:)

Enough about me...
I hope School is going great! 
Madsen Feliz Cumpleanos this week my friend I'm so proud of you. I know your struggles I love you and I'm praying for you. I miss you teasing me you knew how to tease. I hope school is going well
Stockton I'm sorry about how the game went bro. Keep working hard. Success is how we react to our imperfections. Keep working and believe. You are going to Be fantastic!
Emma I love my bear thank you! You're doing XC thats so cool so proud of you you are the best I hope 
Maleck you're doing flag football thats awesome I'm so proud of you! I want to see some pictures!

I need the family health provider card please send it!!!!!  Thank you for your emails I love you all!
Christ Lives.
love Elder Rigby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday

1st transfers