3rd week in the field

This is Elder Sanchez.  He is from Mexico- super humble.  I have much to learn!
Hello Everyone!
I'm off to the third week in the field! My mom asked some good questions so I'll start off with those..

The Spanish
It's quite difficult because we room with 2 English speaking missionaries and half of the people we talk to from the Branch and the area speak English. But President Hinckley made the promise that if we read the Book of Mormon in our mission language we will become fluent! Why don't they tell everyone this from day 1? I don't know but all I can say is that I am reading el Libro De Mormon todos los dias-all the time!

My apartment
WE MOVED! We now have a nice fridge and live in a town home with another group of Elders, Elder Saitman an Elder Olson. These Elders are quite interesting...but I love them to death. Elder Olson's Father actually passed away a month or two ago. He went back home for the funeral and is now back in the mission. I've become a dishwasher once again in Moses Lake but It makes me feel like I'm back at the PF and reminds me how many more times my mom has cleaned up after me so I have a good attitude!
Where do I check my Email?
We are checking our emails at a stake center and I get onto my personal email at 10:40.

Dinner appointments
We go to a members house for dinner 4 out of the 7 days! I love it such good food, and we don't have to buy it! The member here are so sincere. The Branch is very small so those people that come are typically total gems!

Eating
I am eating great! My goal this week is to not eat as much. I don't want to come home and have my brothers tease me because I'm chubby. We have a tight budget but I love it I'm learning to focus on budgeting! 

Exercising
I'm getting into the schedule of things and this week is going to be great! The boys better watch out when I get back!

Packages! 
Wow thank you so much! Mom and Madsen I loved your letters thank you so much it made me so happy! Weaver Family(my neighbors) if you read this I love you guys!!! Sarai and Eden you are both so sweet! I miss you both! Julene thank you so much for the cookies I sat on my couch and ate some and reminded myself that people love me! Thank you for your note and thinking of me!

This week...
I've got a lot of work to do. I'm learning so much everyday I constantly see so much room for improvement-things are getting exciting! Recently we ran into a man from a different faith. I got really excited because he spoke English and got waaaay to excited. I learned to relax and listen just like I'm forced to do with our other investigators. This man's heart was hardened but I know he will receive the truth someday.
What is probably the most difficult thing to do on the mission is telling someone their beliefs are wrong. Much of the time the world is caught up in who is right and who is wrong. This frustrates me because it's all about our path to Christ Faith, repentance (which almost everyone knows) and Baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the end. Many other people believe and act according to same beliefs we do. My prayer is that someday I'll find a faithful Christian who I can help give the remaining pieces of the puzzle.

The People
My good friend Jorge Figueroa is doing very well! This week we shared with him most of the plan of Salvation. I am becoming able, through the strengthening power of the attonement and the gift of tongues, to understand and communicate. It is amazing to see the evidence after the trial of my faith. I know God is strengthening me. Jorge is amazingly receptive! This next week our focus will to get him reading the Book of Mormon again and finish teaching him and his Daughter(a former investigator) the rest of the plan of salvation-spirit world, ressurection, judgement, and eternal life.

My good friend Jose Luis(our former progressing investigator) is struggling we will most likely have to drop him-that is if we get the chance to talk to him again. I don't know whats going on but hopefully God through us will say something to him that will relight the fire of desire to change, come unto Christ, and feel of his love.

One day when we found that Jose Luis was not home we stopped by a very small apartment and met Noe and Israel. Elder Sanchez let me share the message of the restoration with them. It was so hard. I had all the desire in the world to tell them "there is no other way. Please come unto Christ-listen to my words! God has sent us to share with you that the fullness of the Gospel has been restored. That because of Jesus Christ we can come unto him become clean and live forrever with a fullness of joy with our families" but I couldn't; however something through my words with the spirit spake sparked an interest in Noe.
We visited them again and found Noe lost 2 daughters we established our purpose and began to build a relationship of trust by just talking and getting to know him. Next week we will share the plan of Salvation.

We are becoming more effective and more in tune with the spirit each day. We are beginning to be able to really follow the spirit. I am very excited what this weeks harvest will be!

Farewell until next time...

I read a scripture to day that really hit me it's in 3 Nephi 27 14-16. I was reminded that Christ was sent by our Father that we might come unto him repent of our sins, be baptized, become clean, and endure to the end-so when that day comes when we stand before God we may be guiltless. How overwhelming this moment will be. We will have perfect remembrance of all we have done-all the sins that make us unworthy of even standing before God; however, we will also remember the word of God, even this scripture, that if just come unto Christ, lay our sins and imperfections at his feet through repentance and then promise him we will follow him because we love him through baptism, and keep our promise by continually loving Christ through following/serving him (enduring to the End) we will have eternal life. This moment will be one of complete gratitude let us do the simple things to show how grateful we are that God sent his son that we could be spared of the eternal torment brought by our decisions.
I know Jesus is the Christ. Please I beg you let us together come unto Christ by repenting of our sins and then doing all that he asks so that one day we can kneel together at his feet spotless. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
I love you all!

Mom-Thank you for sending me your letter. I love you so much I miss you! I'll try to loosen up! I promise!

Dad-I already sent you an email! I love you chief! You're all a son could ever ask for thank you for blessing my life so I could help others.

Stockton-Bro I'm so sorry I didn't call I heard you were really sad afterwards. Please forgive me. In the airport after being rejected a couple times I was able to give 2 book of Mormons to people who really needed to know that God lives and he loves them. I love you bro I miss you a ton but I know you have this knowledge-that God loves you and because he loves you he sent his son. Who suffered for all you have done and will ever do wrong and who also felt all your pain, frustrations, and fears so that you can not only live forever in happiness after this life but so you never have to walk alone. Don't waste this knowledge Stockton. I'm so proud of you! Hurricane is a way good ball team! CV is way lucky to have you bro. I heard you're not feeling too hot. Sorry Bro I hope you get feeling better! Thanks for taking Madsen to lunch. He needs you I wish I could've helped you more when you needed me. Forgive me. Please read your scriptures with everything you have. It will increase your joy and direction and silence your fears on the field. I wish I wouldve studied more seriously last year during the season he would've helped me so much. We are told when we ask in fatih we will receive. Ask in fatih stockton he will help you.

Madsen-Thank you so much for your letter. I love you bro please know I love with everyithing I have. I know God is proud of you for taking steps to come unto him! Please continue. I may not be there to put my arm around you right now but he can. He is with me here and helping me all the time I can't see him but I know he is here he can do the same for you. I love you madsen please know that we are all imperfect but because of Christ we can be made completely clean-Isiah 1:18

Emma and Maleck. I love you so much I heard all the fun stuff you're doing! Emma I pray for you I'll pray that you make more friends this week!
Maleck how you doin pal! miss you man! Are you started up with flag football yet good luck. I wish I could hug you pal miss you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday

1st transfers