Toppenish

Hello Everyone!
It's me your watermelon loving servant of the lord! I was over joyed to receive your emails! I also so very much loved the package with the very nice sweatshirt and all the do-dads!

I'm writing a letter to respond to your emails but I just wanted to say! GOOD WORK! My Family is living the commandments of God! Even if we are in the biggest storm how can we fear if Jesus is in our boat!

Ok so what is happening in Toppenish...
This last week I went on exchange with an Elder in my District Elder Hibbard we prayed very specificaly that God would help us achieve our Goals of finding 2 less actives(setting the ground work to bring them back), inviting someone to baptism, and finding 2 new investigators.

The more I've been out here the more I've realized that I'm just a pawn. I can only have success in this maze of the mission if I allow myself to break before the lord and listen. That day that is what I tried to do. Elder Hibbard and I were first able to make contact with a LA mom of 4 kids named Monica. We had a great gospel conversation and we are going to be working with her. I love finding families because, as in this case, there are sons and daughters the ages of you guys and it makes me feel as if I'm helping you! After finding Monica we felt prompted to stop by a potential, Jasmine. Jasmine is a very young mom. She, with in the last year, lost her grandmother. This was a big shock and pain with her.She is also trying to raise her little daughter ambry all by herself. She has felt some hopelessness! It was amazing to be able to knock on her door and promise her that even if she can't fully believe it now God is there and loves her! A few moments after her, we were knocking some doors and ran into a 19 yr old boy named Ivan. We taught Ivan the restoration. It was an amazing experience as we opened the Bible and then the book of Mormon pointing him to the joy that can come from following the savior. We invited him to be baptized but he's a pretty cautious guy and really wants to figure things out first. We'll get him don't worry:) Later we were led to Jobanna. Jobanna is a single Mom and mother of 3. Her husband was deported down to mexico and now she works at a gas station all the time. She has a daughter who is 9 and wants to help her come to church and be baptized! Jobanna just wants to find peace and strength I could feel It I pray we can help her!
So far not very much progress with Yahida and Betsaida. They are willing but the Dad is not humble enough to listen.

We are starting to get into the hearts of the family of david the x-marine but it make take some time
Elder Ramirez and I have enjoyed the last week. He is leaving and it's sad because we never became friends. I tried but it seems with our personal challenges, his lack of interest in me, and the stress of the mission that it was too much.

Elder Rigby:  I’ve learned to pray when I’m struggling.  I pray a lot now!  I’ve learned to be very organized.  I don’t loose a person.  I love keeping up the area books.  I’ve learned to be able to adapt to to live with different companions.  I’m memorizing John 20:31: “But these are written that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.”


I'm very excited to receive profesional Cello player Elder Adams from Boston. it'll be fun because I've always wanted a companion who talks to me and my dreams will finally come true!

As far as more information about the area. I really want to find ways to find investigators through the ward and really come to know these people. Yes they're all old but when there is a will there is a way. I just want to help them come close to Jesus Christ and help get some younger folks into the Church before they all die out;)
The Branch is also struggling. Our Branch pres. struggles with back pain and is not there 2 out of 5 sundays. our Elders quorom pres is swamped with work in the fields and we only have 10 + us there on sundays. We have to get the Less Active back and get new people in.

I'm going to be praying very hard to find a way this week. We have a pool of people we are trying to teach but no one is truly progressing! However, with faith miracles will happen and I have faith and I hear Elder Adams has lots of faith as well! Miracles will happen!

Also on a personal note regarding all the challenges I face between my two ears. Yesterday I had the thought. If Christ suffered beyond comprehension for me. I should stop making myself suffer in always thinking I'm not good enough. He didn't go through all that pain so I could trudge through my mission helping people along the way but myself being miserable! I bet he wants me to smile and fight with a little blood on my knuckles and maybe a black eye but with a smile on my face and a chuckle when I slip.

There's people out there like the father I met the other day with Elder Ramirez. His name is Abumdio. He left his pregnant wife and 3yr old boy to come to the US and make some money for them. He was in Jail a couple years ago and acquired schizophrenia from head injuries. People like him need our help. Whether they're in the rolls of the church active or less active, in the formers section of our area book, or just somewhere behind an unknocked door we will find them.

I love you all. Truly there is no other missionary luckier than I. The prayers and letters you send my way lift my spirts and strengthen me to love others and overcome daily challenges.
Above all else I know there is a God and he has carried me this far and I know he will keep carrying me. I pray that you all will humble yourselves before him and pray earnestly that he will help you. He that asketh receiveth and he that knocketh it shall be opened!

Love, Elder Rigby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday