Settling in...

July 31, 2017
Hello Hello! 
We are enjoying it in the desert gee wiz it's getting warm out here! Next week it''s supposed to sit around 105 your prayers would be greatly appreciated!
I would like to point out some funny/interesting events that happend this week.
1. A native american tried to sell us marijuana while I was eating a burrito
2. was able to help an x gang member come back to church
3. found a railroad tie and started doing lifts with it in the morning
Onto some other great happenings!
This last week we were tracting and since we usually run into hispanic men(very relaxed) we were caught off guard when a 50 yr old white man answered the door. We got to know him a little, bit but we did not get to our message because we were timid. But we did give him a card of Jesus and giving a brief statement of how the gospel blesses families. However we missed an opportunity!
Stock, Madsen, Emma, and Maleck it was like missing a ground ball. You can't sit on your heals and let it come to you. We have to go get it! I learned and adjusted that we have to get to the message and share brief statements of restored truth!
Since then I have shared statements such as "we have to come to your door to to let you know the heavens are open again" and "God speaks to man!" when Jesus came he taught truths that guided us to be truly happy after he died some of those precious truths were lost. they have been brought back through a living prophet. These restored truths have blessed my family and they can bless yours as well..

Don't be afraid Stockton, Madsen, emma and Maleck, the devil wants us to be afraid. We can stand up for what we believe whether it's inviting our friends to change the song, to going to talk to someone in practice that needs to be cheered up we can reach out!

Our main investigator right now is a young boy named Sebastian. He is 17 yrs old. We shared with him the restoration. He felt the spirit and and is going to read the Book of Mormon. If you could all pray for him that he can accept an invitation to be baptized this week and have a spiritual experience with the Book of Mormon I know he will have an incredible feeling of the spirit and will have the best opportunity to accept.
As well please pray that we will find those who are searching.
I want you all to know that this is hard! So many challenges(new people, still learning the language, stressed because there are so many people in darkness) I know if we pray with all our hearts as Enos did we will come to know the living Christ! My prayers are with all of you I hope you enjoy the videos an pictures! Please know even in the dark Christ's hand is extended and he needs us to keep going. Pray that you may see the light and that you may have the strength to move towards it that you may partake of his joy!
He lives and all of his blessings are availauble in our age! Let's go get them and share them with all in our power!

Love,
Elder Rigby



Dear President,
The work is heating up and so is the weather! Hope you're having a great week president! We are seeing great miracles and learning miraculous lessons!

This week I feel that God has been teaching me this principle...
35 Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen.
God is reaching out to me and how beautiful that is! I will make extra effort to ask. I know as I do he will give!

Companionship...
We are still adjusting. I'm being positive. We have a very different perspective on the work but I know for sure I don't have the full perspective on things and I know he can help us point our efforts in ways that I may not be able to see so I'm patient


Area...
We are seeing great success with the Spanish Branch Less Actives. Specifically we had a full family come that had not been to church in 6 months. Also we were able to help 2 mothers come to church. these mothers have all been struggling with their struggling teenagers so it was a miracle to see them come and participate in God's love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday