Buenos Dias Familia

Buenos Dias Familia!
I hope you are all doing so well with School coming around the corner! This week has been challenging like always, but we found some success and I've learned so much!
I received some emails from all of you and would like to respond in my email!

Emma
Hey! So exciting you have your race around the corner you are going to do so well! Can't wait to see some pictures! Oh and you're starting piano lessons again! That's great! Thank you for your advice Emma! I'll stay strong, kind, and never quit! I love you so much I love that you love watermelon too!
To answer your questions...
Yes I love my new area! It was very smoky this last week from fires in Canada but I hope it will get better! I don't hate the apartment!:) I'm trying to help my companion learn to pick up after himself...this could take some work:) Yes we found 7 new investigators this week
Maria and Jesse
Maria(21) speaks Spanish and English we found her when we came back to visit her mom Maria. She was invited to mutual when she was younger by her friend. We shared the Book of Mormon with her and she was very focused! we are going to bring her friend who invited her to mutual when she was younger this week for a lesson! her boyfriend Jesse will take some extra work

Noe and Norma
They are the parents of an English investigator. Noe works in a warehouse and Norma is the manager at Taco Bell in town. This taco bell was rated the best in Washington so I think she's pretty cool. Their son Juan loves the gospel and he is reading with Norma from the Book of Mormon. They said that when they feel that this is true the will be baptized!

Alex
Alex is the older brother of Angie, a returning less active 14 year old girl, Alex is 19 and we helped him realize that God wants him to come home! Him and his family don't live in a very good living sitiuation because there mom's boyfriend abuses their mom. He's struggled with Drugs but he wants to find Jesus!
Yohida and Besida
both of them are young girls 14 and 16. We met them this last week and taught them about God and prophets! When I teach I don't just like to talk I like to get them involved and ask questions but they are some tough customers! They wouldn't answer simple questions! I don't like when people say i don't know😅 We will share the Restoration tonight and it will be awesome!
We also found some great potentials this week we'll have to see what happens!

Maleck
Hey pal! No way football is coming up I'm so excited for you! I'm sorry you burnt your hand that's no fun! You're pretty tough! I'm sorry your teacher is leaving I hope you love Mr. Buttery though he sounds like fun! I'm so excited to go to lake powell too Maleck! oh and you had a good time while mom was gone! Good! hope you didn't do too much crazy stuff! Maleck it sounds like you're doing so well! You keep it up good friend! Always say your prayers and try to be nice to people like Jesus was! You're are going to do great in football and at School! Love you maleck!
To answer your questions....
Elder Ramirez is a smooth sailing guy nothing really gets him too frustrated or too excited except for ice cream! I think he's a good companion because he's very honest with the people and tells them how it is! Also he's just himself when we talk to someone he's really relaxed this has helped me out being just friends to people when we knock on the the door and they answer!

Mom
I'm so glad you had a great trip you deserved it! Sorry about the back up on flights! Sounds a little bit tirbulant. get it😉 I hope you had a fantastic birthday and received the present and card I sent you! I love you mom and think about all the things you've taught me everyday!

To answer your questions...
The Toppenish ward if full of about 20 folks in between 50-85 with a few people down below:) They are very kind and I'm doing my best to get to know them all but it's hard to get them involved because everyone speaks spanish here:) I was able to introduce myself over the pulpit last week and it went really well I expressed that I love my savior and I love them! We are trying to serve them because they are all a little old:)
The Branch is very small! They are so faithful there are 4 regular families that come. Because we are in the fruit harvesting season many families aren't coming. The Branch president deals with persistant back pain and I believe he has a little anxiety(gets overwhelmed easy) and the 1st counsellor is recovering from a heart attack and the 2nd counselor doesn't speak spanish! Long story short the other elders and us plus our amazing branch mission leader have work to do getting the current members strong and bringing in those that are lost!
Sebastian
I don't know what happend we brought the spirt with us in love and in our words to his home and were able to share with his older brother the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ but at the end he said I'm sorry I'm Catholic. Ugh tough stuff I know God will get him! If not I'll get him in the next life!
Weather 
very hot and smoky
I am loving the countryside though! Our apartment isn't the best but I love the tree that I study under in the morning
No not seeing the counselor again-not very helpful:)

Mom and Dad Thank you so much for the Cards, money and the newsletter! Mom Good work! Your cards very much so boosted my spirits and made me laugh!
This mission is a jewel! The only thing I can compare it to is a mother on sunday morning(please don't take offense). You wake up and your on it's bad side. Things don't work out and you don't make them better without effort, humility and a little quick in your step to stay in head of the game.
During this week I've been trying to fight a variety of obstacles...understanding what we need to do(we can really do whatever and visit whoever) They're is a little guidance but we are on our own and with so many souls that are inwardly begging to be saved it hurts me because I want to save all of them. It's frustrating because my abilities are limited and many hearts are hardened. Also as I have obsessed with things in the past exercising and language learning are always shouting at my face. It is a great fear of mine to get fat and I want sooooo dearly to be able to communicate clearly with these people becasue I want to let them know I love them. Also I love Elder Ramirez but he is not very urgent to work hard and I want to help him and truly be his friend but I don't know How! Also I believe all of this is true but to be completely honest this last week I've thought..there's something more so I'm starting from block one again:)

Ok now...
I have a few words to say regarding the holy ghost and our hearts! Thank you Dad for following the spirit and sending me that talk!

In life we have many challenges. The sooner we figure out we can't do it on our own or in our own way the better! Jesus saids it the best...
20 And ye shall offer for a sacrifice unto me a broken heart and a contrite spirit. And whoso cometh unto me with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, him will I baptize with fire and with the Holy Ghost, even as the Lamanites, because of their faith in me at the time of their conversion, were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost, and they knew it not.
21 Behold, I have come unto the world to bringredemption unto the world, to save the world from sin.

22 Therefore, whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as alittle child, him will I receive, for of such is the kingdom of God. Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved.
Madsen and Stockton especially. This has been a completely new experience to me. I don't know what to do. 
However, I invite you to humbly ask God with me of what we need to do. I know both of you are going through some pretty rough times just like me but let us run with patience the race that is set before us and do all that it is in our power and then let us stand still and waith for him to do the rest.
Let us ask him to instruct us to do what he would have us do and then let's go after it and have faith he will liberate us! 
I know God lives and because he loves us he has made a way for us to conquerror all our foes! We will win if we don't do it alone! 
I love you all! Stockton and Madsen! I want to hear how it went and how y'all are doin!

Some great videos are on their way!
Les amo mucho!
Senor Elder Rigby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday