The drop off- Weeping Wednesday

Families are Forever...


 I am starting a new blog today to record Seleck's adventures as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This is his blog.  I am just the story keeper.  Each week I will share his letters, emails, and pictures.

 Today, I share with you our "Weeping Wednesday."  We dropped Elder Rigby off at the Provo MTC yesterday, Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 1:45 pm.  There were 647 missionaries entering the MTC with him.
If I ever wondered if these kids loved each other,
today gave me the answer....



These three little boys now grown tall have always held my heart!

I want to be a missionary now.
I don't want to wait until I've grown...


Like Father Like Son










The best things are always the hardest!


There is nothing quite like this bond.

















Heart wrenching- the birthday brothers!


 Seleck challenged each of us to grow and change for the better...
Here is a little bit of the advice from Seleck:
Dad- "Don't work the brothers so hard."
Mom- "Don't be the gate keeper of Hades on Sunday morning- take your high heels off."
Stockton- "Remember to be a leader both on and off the football field, take care of Madsen."
Madsen- "Work hard, be a friend to the friendless, be nice to Emma."
Emma- "Be nice to the brothers, don't be afraid to try new things, have courage, let Maleck ride your mo ped.
Maleck- Don't get so angry, no more temper tantrums, let Emma fly your kite"
One final hug! Being the mama to this kiddo has been an amazing blessing to my life.  He has raised me as much as I have raised him.  Seleck is simply stellar!

                                             This was a pretty tough experience....

I'll love you FOREVER!

My little boys gets his wings

the sweetest and hardest good-bye

The final walk

If ever there were beautiful tears, yesterday we shed and shared them.  It was an incredible experience to take our oldest son to the MTC.  We were overjoyed to receive his first email at 7:44 am this morning

  1. Hello everyone!
  2. This is not my p-day email because Saturday is my official pday I amjust supposed to email you to tell you that I'm alive. I can't respondto your email everyday but I can receive them every night and readthem.  I love you all so much my companion is perfect love him! Ididn't sleep very well but I'm tough:). The MTC is a great place love it! Funny story I was the first one ready in my room.One sad thing for some reason I don't have my camera charger pleaselook for it I bet it is somewhere in the house! Don't worry I'm
  3. handling it very well! 
  4. Love you all write to you soon!
  5. Love elder Rigby
Trav's reply to Seleck's letter!

  1. So glad to hear from you.  So grateful you are there! Excited you will be able to read emails every day.  Having you respond only on p-day is sufficient for our family as we expect you to dedicate the majority of your time to the Lord, the people, and developing yourself and testimony. 

    What a hard day it was yesterday with all your siblings struggling so much to have you leave – myself and mom included.  The struggle is a witness of all of our love and concern for you.  I am so happy to see the tears from your siblings eyes as they are a witness of how much you mean to them and how eager they are to follow your example.  Thank you especially for your words of council during the last minutes prior to your departure.  Hearts are heavy but you have motivated each of us to be better.  Our vision has increased and we will be better because of you. I am excited to allow Stockton to elevate his game within the home.  Your absence will allow him responsibilities that he did not have otherwise.  Your words of council placed him at a new starting line. 


    Seleck, I really want you to know how much I love the gospel.  I cannot imagine life without it.  Your preparation and eagerness to serve just adds to my love.  You have much to learn in such a short time.  Be patient and understand everyone has different gifts and talents.  Be patient with yourself and understand you can only do so much in a day.  Remember we can only run as fast as we have strength.  AND REMEMBER TO TAKE IT EASY ON P-DAY WITHOUT ANY OF YOUR RUGBY TACKLING!

    I remember the camera charger being in one of your suitcases.  It is a black cord with a standard outlet plug.  I am pretty sure you have it.  Let me know and if needed, I will get one sent to you.

    God Speed My Son!

    Much Love, Dad


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home