Hola todos

October 10, 2016
Hola todos,


My goodness how things can change. Me and Elder Sanchez are now pals. He is not bugging me nearly as much or rather I'm putting away my foolish pride and not letting him bug me. 

We speak a lot of Spanish until my brain is dead tired and I reach that point if I keep going I'm going to break something.  I'm learning...slowly. However, I believe there will be a day when I look back to now, a day when I was struggling to ask "how was visiting your family" and realize I can now speak spanish-puedo hablar espanol with a heart full of gratitude to God and utter joy he gave me this opportunity to be able to speak to more people and therefore influence more lives for good.

During  my interview with President Lewis when he looked me in the eye and told me I had the priesthood, I felt this pure joy wash over me. I am so honored to have the priesthood. I am grateful that God has entrusted me a boy with many faults and weaknesses to carry a perfect power and carry his son's name. I know that we must believe in him- believe that Jesus lives and that he is the Christ... and if we do really believe he is the Christ we will know that if we believe in him and repent we are clean. I believe in Christ. I know I'm nothing. I am so quick to fall to my imperfections; however, thanks be to him forever for he lives he has drunk that bitter cup for everyone... for me.
We finished this week with 5 progressing investigators! Everyone decided to read the Book of Mormon! YES!
Oscar a 45 year old man read Moroni Chapter 8 and after only a brief visit voiced that his baptism was not correct. His heart is beginning to open to our message. He will begin reading the book hopefully this week. I have faith.

Jose my 30 year old friend who sort of looks like he's 13 came to Church for 3 hours yesterday! So many members reached out to him! Tonight we will invite him...again to baptism if things don't change this week and he doesn't excepts a date, we will have to let him go for a while.

Yacolyn and her father read a little bit of the book of mormon up to chapter 4 of 1st Nephi. I'm so happy for them they really like the book. I'm so glad we can use the scriptures to help our investigators come unto Christ! The ancient prophets can be our companions when they read the scriptures. What saddens me is their family lives in a old camper trailer. It makes me so grateful for what I have and helps me realize how ungrateful I have been.

We stopped by Librado's house a man 45 year old man struggling from some kind of stomach problems and he agreed to be baptized. The only problem is he's also studying with Jehovah witnesses. If he keeps his word and reads and prays, I know he will receive an answer to come unto Christ through his restored Gospel. I pray he acts on this answer.

Jorge will not be baptized next week. he has told us he feels that committing to keep the commandments is not part of the steps to baptism and thus repentance and the Book of Mormon detracts from Jesus Christ. He kept his feeling in for so long. He just popped on this lesson. Hopefully, we can help him understand that keeping the commandments is apart of aligning our will with God-repentance, and that the Book of Mormon is the greatest testimony of Christ we have.

Thank you all for your emails!
So happy to see some mountains!

Dad the stake is so lucky to have you. I would like to write a letter to your class if that's okay!

I'm writing another letter because you're in New Mexico- hopefully the brothers get it;

Grandma thank you so much for your letter and the 20 dollars! Love you! Grandpa thank you for your encouraging words and testimony! I'm so sorry you fell hope you get better!

I love you all! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday

1st transfers