2 months in the field

Thanks grandma Rigby- a nice big burrito to celebrate 2 months in the field!
Dear Family and Friends,

 Wow this has been the shortest week of the mission! Which means I'm being caught more up in the work-loosing myself! Personally, besides a little head cold I am soooo great right now! Recently I've been caught up in Alma 32-34 there is so much to learn from these Chapters! I personally learned after a week of study that we must humble ourselves and look to Christ. by doing this, we will come to know him and the burdens upon our backs will be made light through joy in him and we will receive eternal life. We must believe that he is the Savior of the World. We must have hope that if we follow him he will set us free. We follow him by repenting of our sins and enduring to the end(live the doctrine of Christ). It is hard, but we are only asked to begin to believe, plant the seed- look unto Christ.

I know that Jesus is The Christ. He is the way! I know that as I look unto him he will make this mission glorious.
Elder Sanchez and I are doing great! He really is a great teacher. Yesterday, we had a fantastic discussion with Ramido and Crystal they are the parents of two little boys one 8 and the other 1.  We asked questions and they opened to us how they are trying to become closer to God. They want to come to church. We invited them to come and hopefully after our lesson this week they will choose to come. Elder Sanchez and I also shared with them the Book of Mormon and how it has blessed our families and how it can bless their family as well as they try to follow Christ. The lesson was partially in Spanish and also in English. Very Very helpful. 

This week we invited Noel to be baptized. He said yes! Because of the state of his health, this young father has turned to God. We will invite his wife to baptism Tuesday while we are on exchanges. I will pray really hard this week she chooses to follow Christ and say yes.

Jorge has turned back to Christ. As he said in his own words he feels that the Devil planted concerns in his heart. He knows now that the restored gospel is the way to Christ. He came to church this Sunday and he was glowing and he's been reading the Book of Mormon- Yes!

Also, my good english speaking friend Oscar came to church yesterday. Even though when we invited him to baptism (he said no), We know his heart is being prepared.

I'll write some letters home! this week. I  was way too blessed this week to write only a  a little email.
 
Love you all- thanks for all the letters and packages I love you!!!!!

I am holding a pass along card talking about family history and the personal history of Henry Weeks Sanderson grandma Rigby sent me- thanks Grandma!  We've started using family history in our approaches to people.  It really opens hearts as we begin to talk about families. I am so grateful for how God has blessed the lives of my ancestors!

Elder Sanchez and me- after getting in the car on a rainy day.  We had just finished talking to an old farmer who was checking on his irrigation pump (he reminded me of my Uncle Markay).

Elder Sanchez

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday

1st transfers