Hola Todas, October 3, 2016

Elder Rigby off to conference

Hello Everyone!
This week has been honestly pretty tough. Me and Elder Sanchez had a day when we really struggled getting along. We're just so different. He is so dedicated to the work but because of his personality(hey we're all different) and the cultural differences, and a language barrier we've been struggling.
View of Moses Lake



 We're doing better now and have set goals to improve, but he just doesn't communicate much with me I try to help him open up but he just hasn't. I keep trying to get him to open and talk to me by asking him questions about himself so I can get to know him better, so we can be better friends, and have more unity in our teaching, but he hasn't opened up until we had I guess what you could call an argument. 

Our methods of teaching are so different. We had a particularly rough lesson where we just couldn't connect. It doesn't matter the details but after this rough lesson I voiced how I wished he could open up so we could be better friends-have more unity, and he agreed to do so. I apologized from the bottom of my heart for all my imperfections and what I didn't do to make the lesson more helpful to the investigator-bringing him to Christ by being more unified with him. He then poured out his heart to me bless his soul and said how sorry he was and that he'll do better to open up so we can be friends. I agreed also to follow his lead and be more unified with him in the lessons. 

To add onto, sometimes, I just don't feel worthy to be here or to hold the priesthood. I have repented of all my sins and  just need to have more Faith in Jesus Christ in his atonement and forgive myself. 

All of this has made this week pretty rough; however, not a bad week. We were able to help people and I continue to hope for those things which are not seen which are true and exercise my faith by being obedient, read my scriptures with a sincere heart, and pray harder, longer, and more often then I ever have.

Elder Bednar's talk really hit me even though I listened to it in Spanish. We need to exercise our faith, follow him, serve him and then believe in Christ-trust in him.

I have exercised my faith and I will continue to do so through pouring out my heart in thanks and sincerely asking for those things others and myself stand in need of. I do my best to be kind and serve Elder Sanchez by being patient with our differences and serving him by making him breakfast. I also serve diligently giving all that I can my heart, might, mind, and strength to bring souls to Christ-I'm not perfect but I'm doing my best, but at the end of the day I slip to the temptation of the devil that tells me I'm not worthy to be here, to be a missionary, and to hold the priesthood. I tried very hard today through prayer and study to find solace in Christ.

Elder Rigby's desk
 One thing that comforted me was the story of Alma the younger. I'm not saying I've gone against the church or have been a vile sinner. I've done my best and I've slipped in the past ,truly not much and have repented sincerely. I just have to remember that after all I do to repent it will never be enough without my Savior. I will believe in him and his ttonement. I will forgive myself. I know that through Christ even those like Alma can turn into men of god. Those who to turn to Christ and believe on his name have the strength, authority, and priesthood power to mourn with those that mourn, comfort those that stand in need of comfort and to be a witness of God to bring them unto Christ. I may not know that I'm worthy now but I believe I am because I believe in Christ.

Elder Rigby's apartment
We found 3 new investigators this week named- miguel, Oscar Martinez and Librado. They have their own struggles and are at that point where they can choose to accept what we give them or not. I pray they do. We are trying to help a less active single mother named Nicolasa. Her daughter was stabbed to death by her husband a year ago and their little boy Nicolasas grandson saw her being stabbed by her father. We are helping her the best we can we send her scriptures of hope everyday. We had a very good discussion with Jose Coria yesterday, one of our investigators that keeps slipping appointments but is yet progressing slowly in his reading. In our lesson with him we told him how much we loved him and in a sense begged him to let us help him feel the love of God more in his life. We told him he could only do this by living the gospel of Jesus Christ. We talked about repentance. He opened his heart to us after we received help from the spirit and asked inspired questions. We left him with the commitment to continue reading the Book of Mormon and find 3 ways he can closer unto Christ. I pray he will do something. This week he will progress or we will have to stop visiting him
.
Jorge Figueroa is severely struggling with his baptismal date 2 weeks away he seems lost and unsure. I may not understand the language but I understand he is caught between what his wife wants and what the lord and we want. During our last lesson I expressed my love for him and begged him to know if this is the path for him by studying and praying the Book of Mormon. He was studying but he recently has stopped. I pray that when we come back tonight he will have a witness to know what to do. 

Early Christmas for Elder Rigby
I will write letters and send them today to everyone!
Thank you so much for the gifts and letters!
Dad!! you're the best! It was truly Christmas early
Grandma Thanks for your cookies I love you!
Bud thanks for your letter stay out of trouble!
my specific address for the next 6 weeks is
1133 N Grape Dr F-108 Moses Lake, WA 98837



           A few of the sites in Moses Lake....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday

1st transfers