The West is getting even more wild- Toppenish, Washington

Hola Amigos,

Maleck
I'm so glad you are getting deep into your Book of Mormon reading! I hope your mountain bike ride went great! I would love to see a picture of your train track! Yes Maleck I would love a bike! Sorry about the whole sled sitiuation. This will pass. No he is not a ramirrez thank heavens:) Good luck pal!

Grandpa
Thank you for your prayers Grandpa. The mission is absolutely incredible. I know God is sending Angels before us to prepare the hearts of the Children of men and this has much to do with all the prayers that are coming from home thank you. As of late my mind has been drawn to deep introspection regarding the truthfullness of the Book of Mormon. knowing that my life, becuase I'm a missionary, is either being used by the almighty or wasted, based upon the truthfullness of the Book of Mormon. I began thinking about what Jesus Christ has done to our Family and my life through the Book of Mormon. I've come to know that, just as President Monson described, it has chased out fear and doubt and strengthened our ability to meet the devil and win-very similar to Moroni's battles. "By their fruits ye shall know them" the fruits of the Book of Mormon are the the people that you are documenting. It is all true. Thank you for doing that so I can learn more about my fathers! Please tell Grandma I love her.

Mom
Hey Mom! Sounds like you're deep in the Lord's work in Cedar City. 25% is a large number but they are so lucky to have you. Wow! God is going to save so many people through the abilities he has given you and you're going to see it! Enjoy it! 
Elder Rodriguez is de NJ
His mom is from Ecuador
His is very hard working and gets jumpy around dogs
Transfers are on the 15th of Febuary
Yes you have to go see Elder Corrington! Please! I feel that I'm a big guy in Toppenish because I feel that I know tons of people.:) Winterhawk is David's son. I know I should've emphasized this but David speaks english. But we are still giving him the tie don't worry. Thank you so much for your support! Yes please send Priscilla a valentine 
Elder Rodriguez is a real friend we enjoy laughing with eachother. He loves making fun of my laugh and I tease him because he gets jumpy around dogs. He served 4 months in mexico a year ago and then got sick and went home. He then later came out. His parents divorced right after he was born and his mom has been a huge strength to him.
Mom that is so cool that you shot a cougar. I feel so proud. My mom shot a big cat! Look at you!

Emma
I'm so glad your team won! way to be! I am doing great and I love my new companion! I hope you love your B-day party that sounds like so much fun! Way to be on your reading Heche le ganas "toss your self some effort" 

Stockton
Hey Stockton! Chapter 11 fantastic! I hope you are loving it because I am! Hope you are also enjoying the snow. Yes Stockton I felt that way. That is partially went sent me on the rampage of shooting the airsoft gun out of the jeep-by the way please don't do that that was the worst night of my life! Stockton I got some advice from you please use prayer to releive your stress. Everything else you use to find peace will come and go. This has helped me so much! Also I'm soooo excited to one day have you meet all my friends in Toppenish. I LOVE TOPPENISH!

Dad
It looks like you had a fantasic B-day dad. I had a special experience this week with a man named Ricardo this week. As I talked to him he expressed how he lost his mother a year ago and how he is keeping busy so he doesn't break while he is trying to asure his kids that everything is going to be ok. I was able to share with him how you reacted when Grandma Rigby passed away and how your testimony in what the Book of Mormon teaches us enable you t press forward with faith. thank you for your example. 

Madsen
I'm so glad to hear that B0m reading is helping you! I hope so much that you get released! Madsen I want to let you know I love you and I can't wait til you get to meet these people!
thank you so much everyone for all your emails it has given me a lot of fuel
Our district leader is going back to his original mission in Puerto Rico. I will now be serving as District leader


This week has been one filled with tremendous miracles- mission update

Sergio and Mariah
They have set their marriage date for the 17th of Febuary in our church building. and the 24th for their baptism. They came to Church for the 5th time with their 5 kids and they look incredible I wish you could have seen them and the change that I've seen since oct 30 in them especially sergio. They are reading as a couple and are now going to teach their 8 yr old son from the resto pamphlett. We brought up the WOW after they expressed they know that The Book of Mormon is true. It is testing their Faith but that is good!

Juanita
We had a wonderful lesson with her this week with the Kellers. Sis. Keller is a 1st grade teacher so that was perfect. Juanita is really starting to get it. She's so kind! Her mom does not trust them members enough to let Juanita go with them to Church. We need to fix this problem.

David
David's wife is putting up more resistance. He can meet with us in the nights but it seems that his wife makes his life the opposite of heaven if he goes to church. Bro. Evans is giving him great support and he wants to recieve the priesthood and go to the temple but he can't seem to do it right now. the Stake pres. is going to visit with him tomorrow.

Rubi, Emily, and Ryan
We found Rubi this past week and we were able to help her understand all the principles of the Restoration focusing on how Jesus Christ can bring us light. she wants to be able to testify that he is there and she doesn't feel that right now. She has read the Book of Mormon but she didn't come to church this week. she is such a great mom and just wants the best for her 11yr old girl and 16yr old boy the divorce has been hard on her and she really wants this.

Alfredo
I met alfredo with Elder Adams and September when he was under the influence. We knocked on his door again and he said those beautiful words "pasanle" come on in. He wants to folllow God and wants to help his kids he was just waiting for us to show up and help him see how.

Adam Corpuz
Adamis going through some challenges right now. He came to church last sunday with his family, his wife then came in contact with anti infromation. his already bad relationship with his girlfriend got worse. As we came outside after a lesson where we helped him understand that he is a child of God and he has learn more to understand that God is there and things are going to work out if we follow Christ he described how he wants to stay with his kids but he may be kicked out he described that when his mom died in 2005 he felt part of him died too. He has tremendous potential but the devil is working with him. he did not make it to church

Seferina
We had a fantastic doorstep lesson with Seferina the single mother of 5 this last week where we helped her understand that she has great worth as a daughter of God and that the plan for her is back and she kind learn more about it. She then read all of the resto pamphlet and then then a little bit of the Bom. She came to church. She has a light in her eyes I haven't seen before it's beautiful
We came in contact with a former investigator one night and found her 2litte girls don't have beds. we were able to get into contact with the ward and we helped them get 2 large couches to use.
Sis Boxer a LA sister came to church I almost gave her a big hug!

We are doing very well as a companionship. I serve him he serves me. We joke and work hard. I love Elder Rodriguez. 

Things have been getting easier for me and as I've leaned more to the lord he has made me stronger and has given us more people to help. I love being able to see Christ heal people everyday through his message that we share. I am trying to establish goals and plans to reach my end goal as President Nelson Expressed. I love saying this week that the prophet on the earth today is Russell M. Nelson. 

Love you all!
Elder Rigby
Elder Rigby and Elder Corrington


David and his two sons with Elders Rigby, Corrington, and Adams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday