My 2nd home- Toppenish



Hola, Familia

Mom
Thank you so much for sending that quote. That was an answer to my prayer. I know you may not feel that you're doing very well but you are. Remember that our purpose is the same as Christ's in some ways- to invite them to come closer! I'm amazing by your strength!

Grandpa Rigby
Thank you Grandpa for puting that history together. I'm so excited to learn more about our forefathers! We received your note last night. I loved it! not to mention that i was running low on funds. thank you for filling it up! Please tell Gma I'm so proud tht she's reading the Book of Mormon!

Maleck
Sounds as if you're going through some rough times...I want you to know I love you and just compliment mom on her Chello history. You'll be great!

Madsen
I'm so glad your leg is doing well! Best of luck this week! I'm very proud that you're doing so well with your reading. Thank you for doing that! Madsen I want to let you know my knowledge is not perfect but I know that nephi really lived that he did follow God's commands and he is a tremendous example on how we can find more joy in life and help those we love. 

Stockton
I heard the Cna thing is going great! so proud of you man! 

Dad
Thank you for sending me those talks I love you and hope you get feeling better

Emma 
Great job in Basketball! Keep being fearless! I love you!!!!

Interviews with President Lewis 1-27-18- Toppenish Washington

Elder Rigby:  I want to know Jesus Christ and strengthen my relationship with Him.  I want to know with a great asurety that this is the way!

Mission update

As time goes on I've come to love Toppenish dearly. This is my second home. I'm so grateful that my path to follow Jesus Christ has led me to this point to all these new friends I have here.
I want to talk about them!

David and his boys
They're struggling I don't know what's going on. We talked to him saturday night and he said he would come to church even with his wife and they didn't come! He's been very sick. If it counts for anything I let him know that I want him to go to church so bad that I'm pretty close to busting into his house, tying him by his ankles, and pulling him in a wheel barrow. He laughed at that. I did to but after yesterday and the money my grandfather got me I may buy that wheel barrow. This saddens me because I have come to know that the Aguilar family that we found, taught and baptized are now inactive and Judith is living on the worldly side of things. Nevertheless, their God's children and we are helping David and the bishop is going to visit him tonight as well as Bro. Clayton our Ward mission leader.

Sergio and Mariah
They are progressing very well towards marriage on the 17th of Febuary. Sergio is doing school and he and his family came to church for the 6th time. The Simmons family(Bro. Simmons was the former Police chief of Wapato He is a convert to the church of 5 years) is helping them prepare for the wedding and helping them see the importance that our message has in their lives. We shared with them the Plan of Salvation and they still have a while ago before they can get a grip of it. Sergio is trying to quit smoking and drinking coffee.

Rubi and her kids Ryan(16) and Emily(11)
Rubi is doing very well! She is receiving much support from the Branch and even came to church sunday! She does her reading and she is truly seeking for the truth.  Meeting people like her make all of this worth it. While we were reviewing the message in order to help Ryan understand it she helped him understand as well. I can't wait to see where this family is going! So very grateful we are finnally getting people to the branch.

Seferina and Jesus(18) Papas(13) Ashlee(11) leon(2) other little girl forget her name:( (4)
What a great learning experience it was teaching this family this week. Seferina is dedicated for the 24th of Febuary for Baptism but she goes through periods of time where we can't reach her. I think she is going through depression. We taught her and her kids this week. Her oldest son, who had the brain injury when he was 16 opened up to us and we were able to help her 11 yr old girl understand the restoration and then we also helped Seferina feel that she can find light. It was an 1.5 lesson. Though it was filled with great intentions. Sister reynolds helped me understand that it's great to keep it very simple and short for the little kids(I repented:) ) I'm now ready to teach primary. We weren't able to find her towards the weekend=didn't come to church

Jose(16) and Daniel (14)
we found these boys in Buena playing basketball. We got their number, their address, and set up an appointment. When we came they had table and chairs set up as well as waters set on the table. They have a great  chance to progress.

Esther and Gabriel table and chairs set up as well as waters set on the table. It was touching to see Jose's willingness to receive more of God's help. They have a great
We walked into the crossfire this last week as we taught Esther and her husband Gabriel last week. It turns out that the 16 yr old daughter found fotos of Gabriel with another woman on facebook and this has hit their relationship very hard. Our good Branch mission leader was with us when they brok this sad news to us and he was able to counsel them and help them. This family has already been under a lot of stress do to their son with special needs and gabriel's severe injury. My prayers are with this family. They have the book of Mormon and we invited them to pray together. They have all the tools.

La familia Heredia
Hermano and Hermana Herdia have been less active for a while and we have had a hard time contacting them but this week she called us up and we were able to share with them the restoration. They truly want to come back. they have only been together for 5 years. Previously Hma. Heredia was divorced and hmo heredia's wife died. it was very sad as described with tears how he's been so sad with the passing of his first wife. This couple will be a great strength to the Branch. I'm so glad their hearts are softened.

La familia Torres
hermano Torres has finally come forward with the doubts that are keeping him from coming to church(don't add to the bible). We shared with him the restoration in a loving way and invited him to pray and read the Book of Mormon. He came to church on sunday with his family. I love the Torres family and it makes sis. torres so sad about her husband I pray that we can help him! I was overjoyed to see him at church.

The Aguyao family
Before Elder corrington left we found the Aguyao family. Beatrice, the mother, lost a 2  yr old girl a couple of years ago. This has been very hard for her. We came to their home with the sis. Reynolds and her 17 yr old son parker who is also friend with Beatrice's sons and we shared with them the restoration. The husband would look us dead in the eyes "like a shark" as Elder Rodriguez said but God was with us and we invited them to be baptized and they said they would (very catholic) when they know the Book of Mormon is true. Parker and Sis. Reynolds are going to keep after them. After the lesson with Seferina we have compiled 20 5'' by 7'' inch fotos of the restoration ranging from a picture of a family, the temple, Jesus, Joseph, etc. it was very effective and I'm so glad it worked so well!

Elder Rodriguez and I are doing great together.. He says that I'm doing mas o menos on my path to graduate his spanish school. He loves to work hard too. I'm very grateful for that! He does a great job at keeping records as we keep finding an ample amount of new investigators, 10 this week. We are running into the problem that people are coming in faster then we can help them but isn't that a beautiful problem:)

As far as myself I'm enjoying this extremely. I still can't run because I've damaged my knees but I'm doing much better with anti-inflamitories and icing, but not P-days...I'm still working on relaxing:) I love to knock doors so when that is taken from me I have a hard time finding other coping mechanisms.

I have to learn to Believe in Christ enough to let theses things go completely. I want to do a complete surrender and these, my weaknesses fill my mind during certain points of the day when I must direct my thoughts toward God in praise, grattitude, and for the many people God has and will continue to bless us with. What a great time to be a missionary! I love this! I am continuing my journey to solidify my testimony in the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I've been reading the Book of Mormon and the lesson with great prayer. I know God will hear my cry! We're going for 10 people at church and on date this week. It's big, but Toppenish East has the potential to get it but we must exercise faith.

I've loved being District leader. It's been a whole new experience for me since I haven't been in a leadership position in a long time.  I've been able to approach it with much more humility because I've come to realize I for myself cannot help anyone only through Christ.

Love,
Elder Rigby

A note from mama

Elder Rigby,

Hi Seleck, it's a January Monday here.  I can hardly believe that January is over.  Wow... time is flying!  This past Thursday dad and I traveled to West Jordan to visit with SIster Anderson (his mission President Mother).  She is now in assisted living and her health is declining.  She was overjoyed to see us.  She is such a dear and loves and respects daddy so much.  She reminded us of the words President Anderson shared with his danish missionaries so often- "A Mission will bless your life for the rest of your life if you let it."  Amen to that.  Daddy's mission has been a constant blessing to our lives, marriage, and our children.  I am so grateful for the missionary he was and the mission he served.  Sister Anderson asked about all of you kids. She could hardly believe you will be home in June. She is such a giving person.  Someone I truly admire!

After picking up some chemical for the car wash nearby, we met Elder Corrington (Dallen) in Provo at Yogurtland. What an amazing young man.  We also got to meet his girlfriend Bailey.  She is super cute and sweet.  We enjoyed almost an hour visit with them and quite a few laughs.  He truly admires you Seleck and loves the time you had together. He was very grateful for the care and concern you rendered while he was injured!  I also had a good visit with his mother on the phone.  She has certainly been through it.  First, with Dallen's brother coming home due to seizures and then Dallen coming home for surgery.  Her mama heart has had a lot with which to deal.  The recovery period for Dallen will be intense and long.  He will be in that sling for quite a long time- 3 months I believe followed by 3 to 6 months of intensive physical therapy.  Because Dallen rushed the recovery from his previous surgery, he has to be extremely careful this time.  If this surgery doesn't work, he will have to have a labrum from a cadaver (dead body) put in his shoulder will result in very limited mobility.  His hope of returning to the mission don't look that great.  He tried to email you but spelled Seleck with two l's instead of one.  Be sure to send him your love and support.
He is presently still on pain medication- but is slowly weaning himself off of it.  He has a great attitude--- it must be most difficult!

Daddy and Stock were sick yesterday- Maleck said Stockon was faking- not sure.  Dad should be home in bed today, but he had to fix something at the car wash.  Stockton just walked in the door to grab a bit before heading off to his CNA class at SWATC-  His increased maturity makes me so happy.  Madsen will be able to play in the bball game on Wednesday against Cedar.  Hallelujah!  Emma had two games Saturday- won both.  Maleck is trying hard.  I am thinking he may just want to take the running/bball route in high school.

We enjoyed Youth of Zion on Saturday.  We had a pretty good turn out.  Madsen and Stockton even made it up for the event.  My young women are very busy- we only had about 9 of the 32 attend- ugh!  I am a little discouraged this week.  Tomorrow night we are going to have a presidency meeting in the car as we do a little tracting of our own.


Love you Forever, 
XOXO,
Mama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday