Happy Birthday Emma


Hola Familia!
2018-1-12 Interviews Selah, Corrington home (47)
We saw some fantastic miracles here in Toppenish this week even amidst the struggles!

Sergio Sanchez and Mariah

Elder Corrington and I went and visited them before we left and we emphasized why we need a Savior. It's been a great learning experience for me to be able to teach this family. We initially(as we've been teaching them throughout the last month) went quickly through the principles of the Restoration and then invited them to show their faith by keeping the commandments of God reading, praying and them Baptism/Marriage. We did not help them gain a strong enough witness that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World which lead to a bump in their progress. However, it's been an amazing experience helping them more fully understand that they are Children of God and that he sacrificed our older brother to save us from our follies and weaknesses. They are both going back to school to receive their GED's. They also got a car somehow which is very helpful because 7 people are hard to get a ride for and as a bonus we took Sergio out tracting with us. It was a beautiful experience as we gave him opportunities to open his mouth and testify. The family came to Church and the members are doing an incredible job fellowshipping. We are going to help them truly understand the apostasy and restoration of the Gospel through Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon tonight. Very excited!

Adam Corpis and Sarah

Elder Corrington and I found Adam a couple weeks ago and he quickly let us in. We shared with him the restoration video and how the plan for his family has been brought back to the Earth. This flew over his head so we came back the next day and invited him to watch "Finding Faith in Christ." We later came back and we helped him understand the importance of a Savior and invited him to come to church. Him and Sarah, his girlfriend, have been having struggles with their relationship and they took the invitation to come to church and brought their 4 kids. His littlest 2yr old girl Nancy walked around all the pews and embarassed our friend Adam incredibly. His wife almost took her home but after a recently returned member Sherri Root saved the day and spent time with Sarah she was able to make it to Gospel principles. Adam said he brought his family because he wanted to show his family what he's going to be doing. He has a baptismal date for the 24th of Febtuary.

David Munoz
We taught David about the Priesthood this week in the context of how the Priesthood allows us to receive ordinances of Salvation. He wants to receive the Aaronic Priesthood and go to the temple but his wife is pushing back hard. He had to help his Mother in law last night and did not sleep so he didn't come to Church. David is so strong, but it was a really tough week for him. We went to the Church with him last night and read the first chapter of the Book of Mormon with him. It was fantastic to have Bro. Simmons our Elder's quorom president there as well as potential Elder Shannon Thorp. David understands now that Nephi is going to show him how he can find deliverance and how his wife can know this is true if they read the Book of Mormon. He said he is going to wait a little bit to focus on the priesthood but he is going to seriously read the Book of Mormon from the beginning instead of bumping around.

Juanita Sanchez
we were not able to teach 9yr old Juanita this week and she did not come to church but she is reading and praying everyday and understands very well the principles of the restoration from the pamphlet thanks to her mother. We have to find a way to get her job that doesn't work on Sunday.
Inactives
There are 2 Less Active sisters from the branch we were able to talk to this week. Sister Norma Cruz and Sister Flores. They are both going through some difficult times but we can help them I know it. Something that they taught me is that we can focus on the very negative. For instance, Norma has no beds for her 2 young daughters, her 2 older daughters have gone astray and her oldest son is a drug addict and she is emotiomaly abused by her boyfriend. She pointed out she can be grateful for her 2 beautiful daughters. I pray that we can truly help her feel that she's loved.
Companionships
I am trying to leaved behind the very traumatic week with Elder Corrington. He was very strong. I tried so hard to support him and love him. while his Shoulder was in tremendous pain and he was clenching his jaw and just trying not to scream I read parts of first Nephi to help him understand that the Lord has not forsaken him and that he can use this moment to show himself and God how he will respond to adversity. He had great faith and like anyone would be he was very scared about the thought of coming back. If I was him I may have been mentally and spiritually broken. I told him that as his friend and a Representative of Jesus Christ that God would allow him to come back and he needed to come back because so many people need him. I pray that he will have the spiritual strength to come back I love him.
2018-1-12 Interviews Selah, Corrington home (35)
2018-1-12 Interviews Selah, Corrington home (36)
This week I have focused on personal prayer. I have realized that this has been an area I need to repent in. Since then, my prayers have become more sincere. I'm realizing more of God's mercy and grace as I thank for the blessings he is giving me and those I love here in Toppenish. I'm also realizing to a great degree that it is true-Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened to you. for what father among you would give your child a stone if he asked for bread? Your father in heaven will give good gifts to those that ask him. I am truly a son of God. I deserve nothing but my father still helps me.
2018-1-12 Interviews Selah, Corrington home (37)2018-1-12 Interviews Selah, Corrington home (39)2018-1-12 Interviews Selah, Corrington home (40)
Elder Rodriguez is a very kind man. It interests me that he went home from his mission because he lost 35lbs in 1 month in Mexico and how he felt God had betrayed him when he went back home. I love how even though he's older them me, 21, he is very humble and willing to learn more. For someone with only 7 months in the mission he does very well. My dream to become a fluent speaker very well may come true with him because we speak Spanish all the time. He is so patient and a great teacher. I love his sincerity and love for the people. This is another example of God's infinite love for me.
Family! 
I'm so excited to hear about the Book of Mormon reading! Stockton thank you so much for leading the discussions. I'm so proud of you. Also, I'm so glad you are worthy and willing to go to the temple. Maleck I talked to Bubba yesterday and told him about you and how I would love to come back and take you guys out to lunch sometime with David becuase Bubba is your age. He makes me miss you a ton! Emma I'm so glad to hear Basketball is going well! keep it up! You're doing amazing! Madsen I would like to hear how your leg is doing good friend. The thought came to me you're going to be taller then me. I'm a little scared. Dad I did receive your testimony and the SD cards. thank you so much. The knowledge that in fact Joseph Smith was a prophet of God grows more important day by day because if he was a prophet, and he is, we know how we must follow Jesus Christ. Thank you for sending me your words. I hope you had a wonderful Birthday! In regards to the hunting I would love to do the rifle hunt in Utah during the break at SUU and I would love to go to Arizona for the Elk hunt. Thank you for being mindful of me I'm so excited!!! Also Mom I wanted to say thank you for taking them to the temple and keeping us all on the straight and narrow. 
EMMA HAPPY B-DAY THIS WEEK I'M SENDING YOU A CARD. sorry post office is closed today I'll make sure to get something cool for you before I leave Toppenish.
2018-1-15 Monday Office (18)
2018-1-12 Interviews Selah, Corrington home (41)
2018-1-12 Interviews Selah, Corrington home (42)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday