New companion, Elder Corrington

Feliz Navidad, and Gracias

We had the best visit with Elder Najarian and his wonderful family- what a way to start our holiday!


First to Elder Najarian, (please make sure this gets to him)

Elder Naranja! I wish you could of seen me laugh as I took a look and your Bigote. Good work good friend y buenos suerte con sus esfuerzos para encontrar una espoja hispana si ella tiene una hermana menor dejeme saber. Gracias! I really appreciate the things you said to my brothers that means the world to me! I'm so glad that I gained another brother while serving my mission. I want you to know that I'll forever be grateful for those times when you listened to me as I basically cried my problems out. I'm doing better than ever and I know this has very much to do with how you really helped me. Please tell your family as well that I'm so grateful they visited! God Bless you brother! So Grateful for you can't wait to see you again! P.S. my greenie loves to track especially at 8pm! (Thought you'd appreciate that:)

Mom,
Elder Adams went to Moses Lake. We lost contact with Laura for a little bit. We went and had some great tamales with the Maravilla family for Thanksgiving. Elder Corrington is a hard working stud. He is very much like me. He was a wrestler in high school. He has a twin brother that went on a mission and then went home 3 weeks ago because of seizures. His girlfriend's mom has cancer and she is going through a rough time as well. I'm doing my best to serve him, compliment him and keep him going. He has such a strong testimony, and he is so eager to share it. We pray a lot together and he even yells at the devil in the morning with me and we read the Book of Mormon together after we pray. I love you so much! Doing better than I ever have been!

Dad,
sadly I'm running out of time but I just wanted to express how much I apreciate the strides you are taking to help the family follow the prophet's counsel. I hope your educational persuits are going well! I would love to go on the trek. That is something I've always wanted to to do! Plese make sure madsen thoroughly studies the hope of God's light by Elder Uctdorf. I will be inviting people everyday to join the #LightTheWorld Christmas movement. I can't sing a Christmas song before I invite you and your family to do it but...Will you and your family light the world for 25 days in 25 days? Love you dad
Yes, I have changed my mission and we sing before we basically do anything:)

Grandpa Rigby
Wow good work Grandpa! That makes me feel so happy you took the invitation to light the world! you are such a great example to me Grandpa I love you! Thank you for the poem! I very much appreciate your words please tell Grandma I hope she is well and I love her too!

Emma
Hey Sweetie! Yes Elder Najarian should definitely go on a date with Javlyn! That sounds so funny! Elder Corrington was a wrestler all throughout High School and he is very kind to me and is extremely coachable. It's pretty funny to have someone want you to help them be better! He's very aware of me and worries about me too and wants to make sure he's helping me! Great Job getting the Christmas lights up I hope you have a great week! I love you so so so much! Light the World for me:)

Stockton
Hey Stockton! Glad you enjoyed my good friend coming down to visit! My goodness I hope my knee gets better to be ready for our match up haha! You have no clue what you're walking into...
I love you Stockton. Cut your hair you look like a hoolagin

Maleck!
I'm sending you a B-day Package! Love you!!!

Madsen
Hey Madsen! Thank you for being honest with me. I want you to understand how much I love you.  Madsen you're amazing I know God is there to help you and that through these times you can gain a testimony that will save not only yourself in the storms to come but those souls who will need you and only you good friend. I gave a talk yesterday during our branch sacrament meeting about how all of us can change. I know Madsen if you simply open your heart to God and ask for help he will help you. Please follow these steps saved me:) (hope of God's light) Elder Uctorf
First, start where you are.
Isn’t it wonderful to know thawe don’t have to be perfect to experience the blessings and gifts of our Heavenly Father? We don’t have to wait to cross the finish line to receive God’s blessings. In fact, the heavens begin to part and the blessings of heaven begin to distill upon us with the very first steps we take toward the light.
The perfect place to begin is exactly where you are right now. It doesn’t matter how unqual-ified you may think you are or how far behind others you may feel. The very moment you begito seek your Heavenly Fatherin that moment, the hope of His light will begin to awaken, enliven, andennoble your soul.5 The darkness may not dissipate all at once, but assurely as night always gives way to dawn, the light will come.
Second, turn your heart toward the Lord.
Lift up your soul in prayer anexplain to your Heavenly Father what you are feeling. Ackno-wledge your shortcomings. Pour  out your heart and express your gratitude. Let Him know of the trials you are facing. Pleawith Him in Christ’s name for strength and support. Ask that your ears may be opened, that you may hear His voice. Ask that your eyes may be opened, that you may see His light.
Third, walk in the light.
Your Heavenly Father knows thayou will make mistakes. He knows that you will stumble—perhaps many times. This saddens Him, but He loves you. He does not wish to break your spirit. On the contrary, He desire that you rise up and become the person you were designed to be.
To that end, He sent His Son tthis earth to illuminate the way and show us how to safely cross the stumbling blocks placed in our path. He has given uthe gospel, which teaches thway of the disciple. It teaches us the things we must know, do, and be to walk in His light, following in the footsteps of His Beloved Son, our Savior.
News on the area..
David and his sons Albert(8) and Bubba(9)
David is progressing very well to December 23. This last Monday we gave him a large print triple combination and so far he has loved reading. This week we gave him 5 chapters to read about Baptism and he read them all in the day. After reading one night, he had a peaceful dream where he saw a golden book and he looked in to two golden blue eyes. He has already had confirmations of the Holy Ghost that he is in the right path but this comes to show that God is truly helping him. His wife still seems hesitant to listen to us or come to Church. She struggles with anxiety and chronic pain. I hope I can talk to her to help her feel why she needs The Gospel of Jesus Christ-because it helps with anxiety:) I'm focusing this week to look to him in every thought and doubting and fearing not by praying for David and his family. The ward is reaching out and helping a lot. I'm very happy with this! There still seems to be a cloud over David and I pray we can help him feel joy
Jesus, Aurelis and their daughters Validia(10) and Esperanza(12)

We found this family the first day Elder Corrington was here. They're a great family that has been struggling with the loss of a cousin/nephew who passed away a month ago. As a brought up heaven Esperanza burst into tears and ran into the other room. Jesus began to cry as well. Elder Corrington did such a great job comforting him and testifying of Christ it was incredible. They were going to come to church but unfortuneately did not. 


Martin
He's a 20yr old man with a desire to find God. We found him and helped him say his first vocal prayer. We're going back later this week
Christina and Sergio Campos
We were teaching the Campos family a few weeks ago but then they became very busy. We went and visited them with our Branch mission leader Hermano Santos and it went very well. They expressed how they know they need to reach out to God in order to receive God's help and Peace. Christina recently had a Baby boy and it appears they are ripe for the harvest.


Joshua Brownowl
He has not kept his appointments this week:


Claudia and Isaac and family 

Claudia had her Boy Isaac(10) premature his hearing is 0% in one ear and 20% in the other as well his vision is lacking. They have gone through many surgeries. This has caused Claudia to ask why does God let my little boy go through this? This week we will give him a blessing. We know we need to help build their faith as well but with fasting and constant prayer this week we will heal Charley it's up to our faithfulness. I feel very unqualified but Elder Adams felt we can heal him. Doubt not fear not.


I'm doing very well. It feels like finally I'm being able to find some joy. It frustrates me a little bit that Elder Corrington came out with spanish that is comparable to mine 4 months into the field-what's up with that!:) I know God gives us talents and weaknesses. i'm very grateful that's he's humbled me and made me capable to do the things that I've needed to do! I


 have enjoyed bringing the #LightTheWorld to the people in Toppenish with a Christmas Carol or The Lord is my Light. 

Love you all!
Elder Rigby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday