Happy Thanksgiving

dinner with investigators
zone conference with Elder Garcia
Notes home
Grandpa Rigby
Hey Grandpa! I thank you tremendously for your letter, the document for the family, and those "buckaroos!" Grandpa your love in your words to the family inspires me to love people as they are! I know that this example is the path I need to take as I train a new missionary! What you said about Grandma praying for me made me smile. Toppenish is a spiritual battlefield there are many good humble souls that live here and the devil is fighting for them tremendously. All the prayers you send have given us greater strength "those that are with us are greater than those that be with them!" I'm so glad to hear that you are helping the missionaries! Keep up the good work!
I am very grateful for the both of you as well! I will tell them that Grandpa! Thank you! Feliz dia de dar gracias!

Emma
Hey Emma! Thanks for taking time for me and sending me an email! Basketball is starting up! Sounds like fun! You'll do great! Don't be afraid Emma! That's the Devil🐒 Yes David and his 2 boys came to church! I love you too Emma! Happy Thanksgiving!

Mom
YES I LOVE YOU MOM! I absolutely love the gear you sent me! It all showed up in a big box! I will wear both coats! Everything you sent made me feel so ready to #lLIghtTheWorld this winter! XOxoX
I did send the stocking!
I'm feeling better than I ever have on the mission. I'm beginning to feel this powerful peace and I feel this joy that is independent of my circumstances.
Elder Adams goes home 1 transfer before me he said we can stay at his house in Boston-hasen't asked mom yet so not 100% sure.
We are going to the Maravilla's for Thanksgiving! I hope they celebrate it:) As well it will be my first day with the new missionary I will be training and we will make a TON of cookies and take them to everyone(Members,Less Actives, and investigators) A great day to get to know him and for him to get to know the people! I hope you have a tremendous Thanksgiving! I'm so glad to hear that you are at peace! How'd did your "tracting" go for young women this week? I love you! Oh and don't forget to get ready to #lighttheworld with the church's initiative this Christmas! We are planning a kick-off for the ward and the branch! You're an amazing Young woman's leader and mom by the way I'm so grateful for you! Any tips how missionaries could help the ward if you had a pair?

Maleck
Hey Mal! How goes the Piano! Mom tells me you're liking TV too much! Take it easy pal! It sounds like you are being creative with the train tracks and Legos! Sounds like a lot of fun! Have a great thanksgiving and enjoy some bannana cream pie for me! You're Birthday is coming up you're going to be 9 wow!

Madsen
Hey Madsen! Last week I sent you a pretty long email...you didn't answer I'm sort of hurt pal.What's up with that😰 I want to know how you're doing!:) I love you man! Mom says you're working through the rough times! I hope you are I've been praying for you! I love you good friend! Keep balling it up!-(I want to here how the "balling it up is going as well)

Stockton
Hey Stockton! Greetings good friend! Mom has been telling me you're feeling happier! This is great! That makes me happier as well! I saw the pictures of you hunting in Nevada with all the hunting gear! Man sort of jealous but to settle the score I finally get to be senior comp for the first time in my mission! That means I get to drive and call a little more of the shots! I'm pretty thrilled! Stockton I hear you're making some plans for the future by searching for school, preparing for the ACT, working, and focusing more on your relationship with Dad. Good work man I'm proud of you! Your actions demonstrate great vision which is a product of Light! Christ is the only light! Way to keep it strong! I heard you talked about Elder Bednar's talk. I have  yet many principles to learn from this talk but I have to say that everyday here Stockton pulls from the personal experiences I've had in the past. God has molded you, as much as you have let him, to be the soldier he needs you to be in his army. I don't know how to describe it Stockton but Toppenish has broadened my perspective tremendously. As I have stopped thinking so much about eating certain things or how good my Spanish is I've been able to be more sensitive to the spirit and more aware of the darkness. The mission, and life, is a battlefield and there is both darkness and light. When we walk down the streets or into a home we feel this battle. Constantly the Devil is working on them/us to drag us away from the light. Many times people just need to be invited to turn and look! They need to hear your invitation remember that. I love you Stockton. I'm kind of hurt you didn't write to me but I'll get over it! You and Madsen need to shape up a little bit😁..oh wait just got your email sorrry man I love you too. No but I've been singing every morning to be ready!:) and my knee is not feeling better! I have been truly smitten:)

Dad
Hey Chief! Geeze so many hunting adventures my goodness if I wasn't having such a good time I would be bien celoso but esta bien! Thank you dad for always taking such good care of me so I can have warm clothes to wear. In this community there are many of the native population that have not many clothing. This makes me very grateful for the 2 nice new coats I have and scarf,gloves,hat. Thank you Dad for your email. I truly enjoy feeling the comfort that comes from your letters. They remind me that you are actively searching for the hand of God to help my brothers, sister, and Mom. You're a great Dad. I had a dream you came up to my mission last night and messed up a meeting. I kindly ask you do not come up to Washington for a couple more months. Thanks:) Also good work with the hunts and thanks for the pictures! I miss the mountains but asi pasa la vida.

As thanksgiving is coming around and seeing I'm not able to knock on your door and give you some no-bake coookies to tell you how grateful I am for I want to say every single one of you(Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Stockton, Madsen, Emma, and Maleck) I love dearly. I often think to myself "what made me worthy to recieve such a gift?" I'm learning that everything that is of God in this life is not earned but given. Oh how grateful I am to be given all of you and this beautiful time in my life to come to know our father in heaven and dear Savior. May we all have a fantastic Thanksgiving! 

I did send some videos. If you don't ever get any for any weird reason I have them backed up and can send them next week!

As I have hinted to I will stay in Toppenish and be receiving a new missionary! I am absolutely thrilled. I love serving  the people of Toppenish but what a great growing opportunity it will be to forget myself every minute of the day to help him become a great missionary! I am ready for the call! It will be sad to see my good friend Elder Adams go. What a blessing it was to have him as a companion he helped me understand the art of finding the joy in the little things! Ex.(space ships, powerful hair gel, nice gloves, dart guns and fun investigators)He saids,"I stole a transfer from him," and is a little hurt about that but he is excited to serve in my old area in Moses Lake!

Some of the great things that happend this week were
1. David(former Marine that was injured in the service) came to church with his 9 and 8 year old sons Bubba and Albert. They actually woke him up to come to church. This week I hope we can teach the whole family at the same time. David enjoyed his time at church and felt a great peace when he came to gospel principles. The ward was very warm to him! He is reading the book of Mormon and we are going to get him a bigger copy of it so he can read it easier with his damaged eye sight
2.Last night we were tracting and after being very solidly rejected a couple times we met Marvin. He has lost 4 of his siblings and us giving him the Book of Mormon really made him happy.
3.We help Laura(a young mom of 6 yr old aniee) commit to prepare to be baptized on December 30 she is really working to change her life! But she didn't come to church the next day! we'll have to work on her.
4. Had a lesson with Germaine in a members home. She has a lot of the devil's forces working on her. Please pray for Germaine everyone! She hasn't been able to turn her gaze towards Jesus Christ!
5. Our good friend Joshua Brownowl did not come to church. We've lost him for a little bit.
I'm going to miss Elder Adams. He has really helped my light grow!

I am doing very well! I feel so blessed I'll be able to serve 25% of my mission in Toppenish! I'm making great strides in relaxing and my spanish is rolling better off my tongue! I'm so excited to help this new missionary have a fantastic start to his mission!
view of Toppenish area
Elder Adams playing the cello

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday