When Darkness breaks


News from Toppenish
Hey Grandma! It sounds like you had a fantastic trip! I'm sorry about the fall it sounds extremely painful! You're tough that's for sure! I hope you get feeling better! That's so exciting you already have your calling to work in the Cedar City temple! Thank you for your example of dedicated service! Us Grand kids need to follow in your path! So glad that Bronson is getting married! thank you for the news! I love you Grandma! Thank you for your words of advice! I'll enjoy the moments! There's a lot of good ones here on the mission!

Madsen
Hey Madsen! Thanks for your email and your card! It's great to hear from you twice as much  I don't know why it is but it seems that all of us have those really bad days and even those bad weeks. We've talked to a lot of people this week Madsen and it's helped me begin to understand how ungrateful I've been. I haven't tried to be but.... it's the truth. You'll hear about it in my videos. On a day to day basis we've run into families where there's only a single mom,  loss of  a job, or a recent death(s) in the family. These families are hopeless, but with a knock on the door they are reminded by God that he loves them and they can find peace through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Madsen I'm not perfect and I really struggle with this as well, looking past my struggles and being grateful, but you are such a great young Madsen you have such a great desire to follow God. The Devil sometimes and often very successfuly gets us to look down at the ugly ground right beneath our feet instead of looking at the beautiful path that lies before the mountains we've counquerrored behind us and the friends and family we have beside us! Madsen you mean the world to me man! I know we can do this together. Also, We had our Stake Conf. this Sunday and my big question was "WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET OVER THIS ANXIETY JUNK" God has told us through our Prophet that we can overcome feelings of fear and doubt by reading the Book of Mormon prayerfully. I thought wow! I need to take his guidance more seriously! Let's put God to the test Madsen! Let's prove him. I know he can help us. I hope you have an incredible week! Love you Bro!

Stockton
That's absolutely hilarious that you met Elder Najarian and he rubbed your ankle!!! That made me laugh so hard! I was so glad to hear that you got to play some QB this last week! Sounds like you did a fantastic job! Bien Hecho amigo! Stock I'm proud of you! I wish I could've seen you leading your team! Best of luck this Friday! You're going to do really well! That sounds like a bummer man! I know at least a little bit how you feel. What I've come to learn with relationships is how little I really know where the other person is coming from. Even when we make great strides to reach out, the other person is closed off and doesn't communicate. It sounds like this is something you've experienced with Madsen. I just want to voice Stockton that I'm proud of the effort you put in. You've had to  carry a lot through this football season and I imagine it has not been easy trying to be a big brother as well. You're very strong. Remember how Jesus invited us to follow his example by inviting us to love others as he has loved us. That is a lot easier to say then to do I know but pray for help and he will reach out. Thank you for your card stockton. It made me so glad to see your testimony of the Prophet! Love you Stockton! 


Emma
Hey Emma! Thank you for your nice little card Emma! I love you sooooooo much too! Glad you got to meet my tall friend Elder Najarian. He sure has long legs it was hard to keep up with him even when I was trying and that's saying a lot:) I'm sorry XC is over- you sure had an amazing year! You ran to the temple! That's incredible! I love that lesson you shared with me how it's hard to get to the temple but we have to never give up! You're a great example of that Emma! Elder Adams is from small town outside of Boston Massachusets. I'm still the younger companion:) I'll probably be transferred a day before Thanksgiving. Emma thank you for always being so positive! I can see your smile behind your words. a smile is called a sonrisa by the way in spanish;) You're a light to me Emma and I'm so lucky to have your support thank you! YOU have a great week Too! Love you!

Maleck
Thanks for your picture Maleck! I loved getting some quality artwork in the package you sent me that was awesome! thank you! I got a picture of you as well! It looks like your yearbook picture! I remember when I was in Third grade! That was a fun time! Also you had the color run this week! How'd that go! Sure looks like you had tons of fun! Maleck I want you to know I'm so excited that you're doing so well! I'm so lucky to be your big brother! Thank you for praying for me Maleck your prayers really help me to have better days! Maleck I want you to know that I know that Jeus lives and this is what he wants me to do! Love you!

Dad
Thanks Dad for sending me a package! I appreciate you greatly and am still reading what you sent me last week. Things are getting much better! I love you!

Mom
I'm out of time Mom but I looked over your email briefly-still have to read it and I'm overjoyed that you were able to see my good friend Elder Najarian. This mission is a beautiful place so glad I was able to meet him. I'm so blessed mom. I love you this week has been so great I'm finally letting myself eat a little sugar here and there and express myself in English and finally I'm hearing myself truly laugh again. The videos this week are jammed with miracles.
We had an incredible week with 15 new investigators and 8 people that are working towards a baptismal date. it is absolutely incredible. I have felt great help from both sides of the veil as we've worked hard this week to bring souls closer to Christ. Though it was only 7 days, I learned what it would've taken me at least 3 months at home to do. One of the great miracles we experienced was with Elder Adams(of course ;) ) and a good 87 year old brother in our ward. Brother Lott. 

Mission update
Elder Adams has been struggling with these awful allergies that frankly make him sound like he's dying on the doorstep-not a good thing. Brother Lott(a past stake Patriarch) asked him if he recieved a blessing. He said no. after saying, "what good does the priesthood have if you don't use it" we went to the church.(All of this took place after an appointment fell through) We went to the church and Brother Lott gave me a few words before I gave Elder Adams the blessing. Glory to our Father in heaven I no longer have a dying Elder Adams next to me on the door step. Right afterwards I realized how dumb I had been and I asked for a blessing. Elder Adams blessed me that my knee would be healed and I would be able to overcome my other emotional struggles. 
My knee hasn't been perfect but I've been able to run for the first time in the transfer and I'm being able to relax so much more, pace myself and be a better, more patient and kind friend to my already patient and kind Companion Elder Adams. This is the power of the priesthood of God. It's real!

So many miracles, As I said previously, 15 new investigators that is the highest I've ever obtained on my mission.
The eternal truth is I know that in my own strength I am week. However, I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.
Here are the people we have that are on date for baptism. God has trusted us with these souls. This makes me so happy. I love my friends!
Please pray for them that they will read and come to church. 

Leo
Norma & Noe
Germaine & Makiah
Jose Campos
Perla
Jamie

Love,
Elder Rigby







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday