Dando Vuelta


                     Interviews with Zillah and Toppenish Elders

 Elder Adams:  My name is Benjamin Jefferson Adams, and I was born in Boston on George Washington’s birthday!  I was home schooled for nearly all of my life.  I have an extensive Lego collection, including a 4-foot long model of Darth Vader’s Super Star Destroyer.

Elder Rigby:  I really like vegetables–my favorites are spinach, carrots, potatoes, squash and cucumbers with peanut butter.  I love mountain runs.  I want to coach my little brother’s football team when I go home.
                                       Elder Adams and Elder Rigby, serving in Toppenish east

The Mission board
The sights of Toppenish

Hola Amigos! Soy Elder Rigby su Big Rig!


First, a few notes

Emma
Hello Emma! Yes I had to put 2 pairs of socks on! Don't say that about the cold I think those cold days in Bridgeport gave me a little fear of the cold...it sends shivers up my spine.  I'm loving the fall though! That's so great you're going to the temple! I saw the pictures! Wow! Thank you Emma for saying that! I love you!

Grandpa Rigby
Hey Grandpa! It's great to hear that you and Grandma had a great trip to South Dakota! I'm so glad she's doing well! I loved to see you all smiling with Kirby's family. That's really sad good thing you were there to cheer them up! Yes we truly are seeing great success. God loves the people in my area dearly. So glad that I can help them! I love working with the native populations too! It's fun to bounce between them, the Hispanics, and gringos like us!

Dad
So grateful for all the goodies, the note and the money. It's going great Dad. I'm turning a corner. Thanks for getting me to this point. I love you!

Everyone! 
We had such an amazing week! I think it is proper to begin to talk briefly of the interview I had with president.
As a little background I've always had a great support system, which is fantastic, I love all of you! Ever since I was a young boy I've recieved the "good job Seleck." I haven't always scored the "big points" so to say but my consistant effort has normally always been recognized by my family, coaches, ward, or teachers. I unconsciously began to judge my effort by how much harder I worked than others or how many people saw my success. This was not what the goal was in advance but my drive to stay diligent was fueled in a large part by the great well of support I recieved and the "grandness" of the project.
President asked me...Elder Rigby you should be absolutely thrilled with the successes you are seeing why aren't you happy? 

We began to understand together that all of the sources of my past sources of recieving "the good job feeling had been taken away" leaving me filled with a emptiness because I felt like what I was doing wasn't really important. 
He began to share that God has sent me here for a reason and I must have Faith in his plan. During this interview he described my consistent effort and all the miracles we had been seeing. When we're at the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing, following God's will through the Holy Spirit we can be assured that God has something beautiful planned for us in our future.

His final invitation to me was to be happy and have faith, stating," you should just be thrilled." 
you'll have to check out the videos I'm sending. We had an absolutely remarkable week. I cannot even to begin. I know that in my eyes, or in the eyes of the world, what I am doing may not be all that grand. However, I'm learning that doesn't matter.

Yesterday it hit me while we were teaching Jamie Ibarra(native american foster child that lives with the very active Ibarra family) Jesus Christ, the greatest of all won the greatest battle against our failures and death in the quietness of an olive grove. Not even his closest friends were there. The next day the son rose and no one knew what he had done and today many still do not know. 

God's work is not about doing the big and grand or receiving recognition but it is building people. Every soul is so precious because everyone has so much potential. 
Behold, am disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.


I am so grateful that God is teaching me that lesson I do it only for him-I love him and I'll do what he would have me do.
I had the happiest week of my mission! I am absolutely thrilled with what God has given me. I pray that all of you will understand the great worth you have and glory in what God has given you.

Love, Elder Rigby





A few updates:

we don't have much time to email but just until you get the videos here are some quick updates:


Juana the 9yr old girl of part member family came to church with her mom and brother
We're teaching a single father Jose Laurious and his 2 kids they came to church
Germaine-she had the flew the day before and we gave her a blessing and she came to relief society

Perla-To get away from the gangs/bad people she is moving out of our mission this week but she's understanding the Book of Mormon more and making progress

We are becoming closer friends with the LA. this week I met a less active mexican man with anxiety and we talked about what it does to us and I was able to let him know that I know at least a little bit of how he feels

I'm beginning to learn to pray better and be more grateful and measure my success. I'm so grateful for your prayers please keep praying. I'm praying for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday