Buenas- April 10, 2017

Hello Everyone! This week has been such a growth for me! I love you all and hope you are doing very well!

It seems every Monday the lord gives me a scripture that describes a week. Today I read 2 Nephi 31:20

20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.

What really stood out to me was press forward. To keep going, keep following Jesus and muster up all the hope and love that our hearts have to muster and then we shall find peace, strength, joy, and God's love!
Sadly I sell myself short a lot. I focus so much on giving my all, which is a great thing, but when I don't accept my all as enough it becomes a very sad ordeal. This week God's taught me that my best is enough. Jesus will make up the difference! When the end of the day comes and I'm tired mentally and physically from trying to love my companion, investigators, simply doing my best to do God's will I can be assured that God's will will be done because I did all I could! His blessings will come. This brings so much peace. I am good enough!



I've come to love Elder Garcia so much just for who he is. I've also come to understand his thought process of just going with the flow. Taking every moment, taking moments to think and listen, doing what you can, and having a silent trust that God will do the rest. Before his slower pace kind of freaked me out! I'm always thinking, "Let's go!" This is a great attitude but Elder Garcia has added a depth to me that I know God wants me to develop. God wants me to stop, think, listen, set a plan, and act all based upon what is best-his will! It may feel sometimes that I am not doing enough or going to slow but sometimes it takes time to receive critical direction from the lord. Being very busy is not always God's will. I would have never had understood this this principle if God didn't give me Elder Garcia as a companion. He has also been more upbeat this week which has been really cool! We had a very openly frank conversation with each other after our weekly planning session and we were both able to understand each other better! We are doing very well!

Now to our people:

Robert
He is still living in a tent across the street from our house. I've worried about him a lot this week honestly. We've tried everything we can to help him understand that Christ can help him change/let go of smoking if he does what he can; however, we have yet to see significant progress of him letting go. This last Sunday however something incredible happend! One moment he was sitting next to me in Fast in Testimoiny meeting, the next he was going up to share his testimoiny. He said something along the lines of this...
Hello my Name is Robert Riggin. I just wanted to thank all y'all for everything you've done for me. You know it is really hard to have faith sometimes but thanks to these guys Elder Rigby and Elder Garcia I have faith. I think having my Mom die was one of the best things that could've happend to me because it has helped me grow. I love y'all...Thank you for not giving up on me. I am so excited for may 14 (his baptismal date)In the name of Jesus Christ amen. This was such a great sign that truly he does have a desire. I know he can do it and we can help him!

Raquel and her kids Freddy-12 Edwardo-9 Yesenia 7 and Fermin 2
We have had a really hard time finding Raquel this week. Judith(she works with Raquel in the orchards) said that she has been really sad due to the fact that her husband/boyfriend(still don't know) is always drunk and refuses to leave the home. This is very sad.  we went over this week when Raquel wasn't home to give them some cookies and they seemed scared. It's so sad.
Nevertheless we were able to have a great lesson with them about the part of the plan of salvation! Raquel has so much Faith and desire to read the Book of Mormon. I know God is with this family and he will help them! I pray we can do our part!

Federico
We have been able to contact him!  We will have to find him, lay down the law a bit, and move his date!

One of the very less active sisters is moving away this week but before she left we talked with her and she said she is going back to church in Oregon!

A miracle happened this week! Super Cool! We were doing some hunting as I call it, knocking some doors, when we met Laura Mom about 27 with her little girl Delana in her arms. We talked to Laura a bit and got the conversation on Christ and his resurrection. We asked her if we could watch a video with her about Christ on her phone. Guess what! She already had it pulled up on Facebook! One of the investigators in Omak liked it and she was about to watch it when we knocked on the door! We had a bomb discussion with her and are going back next week!

Also something very cool is that Bryan came out with us to visit one of our investigators named Mercedes. He bore testimony and it was super awesome!

We found the Servine family yesterday and taught them the restoration! They commented on how beautiful the message of the restoration is and how they will pray about it and want to learn more!

We also found a teenage girl named Diana this week that when I asked her if she ever feels like she has a weight on her shoulders, like she's not good enough. She said all the time. It was incredible to tell her that God loves her and he will and can help her! Jesus Christ overcame all our pains and burdens so we can find peace! We weren't able to find her when we went back but I pray she will read the plan of salvation pamphlet we gave her and find hope in him.

With my language learning efforts it's still a challenge and I'm not able yet to express myself in a clear way but I know as I trust the the lord, am worthy of the holy ghost, pray for help from God, ask help from others and use every opportunity I will be able to learn this language enough to help the people now and the future feel my Love and God's!

I'm just going to do what I can and be at peace knowing that I can only do what I can. When all is said and done I must believe Christ will carry those I love and myself upon his shoulders.

Love,
Elder Rigby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday

1st transfers