Skip to main content

A New Day- April 3, 2017


Buenos Dias a todos de Ustedes! I hope you all just love General Conference! God speaks and we better listen:) 
Thank you all so much for your many prayers. Through your faith in my behalf I have felt such great love from God! Thank you! God has helped me but we have yet to see the miracles for our brothers and sisters in Bridgeport. Keep praying! The miracle comes only after the trial of faith. I will work very hard that our prayers may be answered!


Maleck
That is so cool you are going on the Screamer Good luck Pal! I hope you just have a fantastic day too! Thank you so much for praying for them Maleck! That means a ton to me. You are such a cool little brother! 
Stockton
Hey Stockton! haha that's so true I bet your ankle is just beat! Don't get too soft on me ok;) I feel that you are being a great big brother. It really hasn't hit me til now but you are the big brother of the house. Love them with all you have. There is nothing that is more important than this! Stockton that means so much to me that you have been praying for Gilbert. He has been so busy that we haven't been able to get a hold of him. I know however that his heart will open, and with your prayers the Holy Ghost will be there in great strength. Thank you Stock have a great week man I love you a ton. Thanks for calling me Big Rig:)
Emma
Hey Emma! Oh look at you overcoming fears! That is incredible! I am sooo proud of you! That is so chido that you are praying for them. Thank you so much that means the world to me! oh and you are getting better along with Madsen! Haha you're doing so good! Emma I am doing great and with your prayers even better! I can feel them I do! every time I feel a little more strength to keep going and keep smiling I know it comes because you asked father in Heaven to help me. I love you Emma! YOU ARE AWESOME!
Madsen
Hey Madsen! How are you doing my good friend? I've been really praying for you this week! I hope you know that I love you so much! You mean the world to me! I was looking at some of the pictures that mom sends me and I think wow look at you. What a guy! Madsen I want to let you know that everything you do right now is so important. You are becoming the Madsen Rigby God wants you to be! I really want to hear how you are doing can you write me a little something. I can't explain it over the email but I love you and am so proud of you. Please know when you go back to school and you have hard days that I love you and I serve God not only to save souls here but that by some means God may grant you the strength to overcome your challenges! I love you Madsen! Keep the fight!
Mom and dad I'll write a little something to you:)

This last week has just been incredible. I've received so much direction, love, and strength from heaven. It has been a miracle.
I absolutely loved District Counsel, going to the temple and listening to conference this week as well as being able to be in the Lord's hands this week trying my best to say and do as he would.
We had a very special District Counsel this week that really opened my eyes! We focused on D&C 4 very similar to the verse last week, Luke 10:25, that hit me very hard. I have come to understand that coming unto Jesus Christ, following him, serving him is not at all a light endeavour. Jesus Christ asks for absolutely everything. 
DC:4:2
Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength
However, when we give all, we can receive his all. This is a wonderful truth that God continued to teach me throughout the week.
I have come to begin to understand that my Heavenly Father is very much aware of me. He is teaching me line upon line, precept upon precept. I can now see that the last couple of weeks he has been preparing me for District counsel, the temple and conference. 
At the temple, as I sat in the Celestial room, I waited and listened to hear God's voice. I waited to hear correction, guidance, or an answer of how I can give everything. I did not receive this guidance. I received love. I could sense God rejoicing in my service. He was telling me I had come so far! This was such an amazing relief and a beautiful moment that my father is pleased with my service.

Now for Conference! Honestly if I was to compare conference to a big meal I received I'd have to say I tried to eat as much as I could but almost all of it is now in tupperware containers in the fridge.
The Holy Ghost taught me how I can give my all and I realize what has been holding me back-fear. 
I thoroughly enjoyed President Nelson's talk on receiving the power of Jesus Christ. He taught us that we will receive Christ's power as we learn of him. I loved how he answered that after he, an apostle of the Lord, read all the scriptures of Christ in the topical guide he said, "I am a changed man!" I am so excited to become changed as well. I also loved to hear our dear Prophet speak of Love. Charity never Faileth. Perfect love casteth away all fear. oh and elder ballard's talk on goals was excellent! I believe setting inspired goals to follow Christ is a key to repentance.

I cannot describe all that I learned, or all that God told me I must do. I can say however that it is time to surrender all to Christ. To trust in him completely and though I know this sounds hard. I trust he will catch me as I figuritively jump into giving everything. So far I have promised to do my very best to speak Spanish all day even in the apartment. This is hard but I trust him.
I am so very excited to keep looking at Conference. There is so much to hear and apply.


This week for the work honestly wasn't super effective. The Devil is working very hard on all our investigators. However, some amazing things happened this week!
We found 3 less actives tracting around town!
One time we were walking and we saw 3 little kids picking up trash in their backyard and we went to go help them. little did we know but there also was their mothers. One was a less active and the other was the mother of Federico, the boy who will be baptized on the 22 of this month! they gladly accepted our help with cleaning up their yard and invited us back. 
We shared the Book of Mormon with 14 year old Federico this week! He loved it! however we weren't able to find him after Monday to invite him to conference. We are worried:)
Our Good friend Robert got kicked out of the trailer he doesn't own and now is living in a tent, on his friends property, which is across the street from our house. Very interesting. He knows where he needs to go to get a job but apparently this isn't such a big deal for him. I don't even know!
Bryan continues to bash his friends at School so we gave him a preach my Gospel, Elder Garcia taught him that bashing them is not the way, and we invited him to read the lessons in order to prepare to come out with us this week on the streets!
Judith is doing very well. She began working this week. She works 10 hour days pruning the apple trees. She also prays with her friends during lunch and is now going to read the Book of Mormon during her breaks. She is incredible. She was not however able to come to conference because she was working. very sad.
Raquel also started working. Good news she works with Judith during the week and Judith talks to her about how becoming a member and trying to follow Jesus better has completely changed the spirit of her home and has ecspeacialy improved the relationship she has with Bryan who used to be very angry and somewhat violent
I am very excited because we cracked out some old bikes and are going to ride them around town. I hate driving so I am so happy!

I love you all. The work Goes well! God lives and Jesus Christ is our Savior. He will save every one of us if we believ
e! Let us all believe! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday

1st transfers