Two on dates, January 23, 2017

Dear Family and Friends!

Successful week! we had our challenges-it's not a mission if you don't, and we overcame them! This week I focused on being more confident and direct in our door approaches. It worked pretty well, but I hear over and over "cualquier iglesia es buen-todo  es igual-es el mismo-soy catholico-otro dia(every church is good-it's all the same-I'm Catholic) It's very rarely that we find someone that's truly willing to listen. However, we did find some people that listen. Next week I plan to describe these people but since there is quite a few and they're only what you would call potentials I'll save it for another day. All I can say I know is that God is preparing people for us. I pray so hard everyday that he will give us the words, the faith, and the love in order to help these people come unto Christ. I know that many of these people that we share our message with may not listen/act, but there are are those out there that will act and have listened we just have to keep stopping by listen to what they need, testify, and invite them to act!

This week I've been studying a variety of things but one of the things that struck me the most was during my studies for the preparation for our lesson with Judith, Bryan, and Alex about what it means to be baptized.(Mosiah 18)
Emma received this small gift from Seleck in the mail this week for her birthday.  I was so touched by his sincerity and the simple offering of his love.  A treasure forever!

8 And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;
 9 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life—
 10 Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?

This made me really think am I willing to stand as a witness of God? Yes I am! I love my Father. He has helped me so much he has helped me through so much and during this week to love more and to keep going and therefore I will stand as a witness of him! I will work harder with a even better attitude to comfort those that stand in need of comfort by helping them receive the only thing that can bring true joy-the gospel of Jesus Christ
Also I had a very profound day yesterday in Church! During Priesthood we learned a little bit more about the Gift of the Holy Ghost. We as members of the Church can have it with us as long as we are worthy and listen, but one thing is for sure sometimes, probably like a bunch of people I don't listen to the Holy Ghost. He is speaking to us but are we listening are we taking advantage of this marvelous gift?

This week my goals are to focus on listening to others and to listen to the spirit. i believe this will really change my life and my mission also it will help me learn more Spanish. I'm struggling with that so 2 birds with one stone!
Elder Nelson did such a great job this week he is being really positive and funny and he has done a great job in all our lessons! Sometimes I just like to sit back a little and watch him as he expresses his love for our investigators, especially Robert! We are getting along I'd have to say very well! 
Now for the good stuff!

Judith, Bryan, and Alex
We had 2 fantastic lessons with this family this week. We taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and Baptism. We helped Bryan understand that all we need to do to be worthy of Baptism is to repent and be willing to be a witness of Christ! It's such a great thing to understand that we just have to really try to follow Christ and he will do the rest. Bryan and Alex accepted to be baptized next month!!! Judith said she will but not just that soon! They said their whole family would come to church... but they didn't; however they're reading the book of Mormon as a family so I still have high hopes!

Robert, the poor man without running water, living inside a little camper, who's stuggling with cigarettes got a little frustrated with us this week-pretty frustrated:) We read Alma 34 with him and really tried to help him understand that today is the day to begin to change/repent. However when I invited him to make some goals to start quitting he gave us a little chew out session of how if anyone pushes him to do anything he will kick them out of his house. Luckily we hurried and expressed how much we love him and gave him a bunch of our left over Christmas candy (that we were going to suggest he take when he had an urge to smoke) and we left on good terms. It's so very sad not matter how much we try to help him understand his pride still gets in his way. Robert did not come to Church because he went to his friends home to take a shower, clean clothes, and watch football. We will talk to him today about our Savior's words of be perfect even as I am perfect and hopefully he can have a change of Heart!
Good news this blew my mind our whimsical friend Ric came to Church Yesterday! We had a great lesson with him on Wednesday with a member and that got him out! He feels so great about where he is at right now in his life, but Brother Geren testified to him that there is so much more... and he came to Church! The power of Members!

This week in the streets it was so cool to testify of Christ to so many different types of people!  One day we talked to a bunch of boys that just got done lifting weights and I was able to relate to them and tell them how much the Christ has blessed my life and how I believe we have a prophet today. Also we were able to talk to a couple of younger fathers and describe how the restored gospel blesses our families-some of them have quite a bit potential I'm excited! And we were able to talk to some Hispanic mothers on different occasions about How God lives and we are his messengers and if they listen to us we can help them receive more of the love of God through the restored Gospel! Great things are happening! I believe we will find a lot of new investigators as we continue to track and follow up with the people we talked to this week! 

Thank you so much for all your emails and support I love you all so much!

Emma I'm so proud of you going to the temple you look so happy! Looks like you had a great time too! oh what fun! You are going in such a great direction! keep it up you're amazing! Also did you get my gift that I sent to you? 

Stockton pal wow you look out of it I pray you'll get feeling better. That's such a hard thing but I know you will be blessed immensely through this trial of Faith!
Grandpa Weaver thank you so much for your letter! They bring me such a boost! I love you Bud! Again thank you!!!

Maleck so proud of you! you look so sharp in your scout Shirt! Keep it up!

Dad thank you for your words. I love you and God has hinted that Listening better is still something I need to work on and will solve so many problems and better me in so many ways.

I love you all so much this week is going to be a great week! Thank you so much for all your prayers!

Love Elder Rigby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday