Siento Bendecido

Yesterday it  was so  awesome to talk to you guys! Thank you! It was so great to see all of you! The call went by so fast! My goodness! Life is tough sometimes but wow it doesn't matter when I have a family that loves me!

Mom and Dad your emails really helped! I love you guys! thank you I will take your words to heart. Dad thank you for your words about your mission. Those really helped me feel l am a good missionary!
Mom thank you! I will find the joy! I'm going to make it an adventure! I'm so glad I still have you!

Anyways! What a week! The area is just gorgeous! honestly wow! One of my favorite moments of the week was when we were struggling to find a members home and got lost next to an apple orchard that was surrounded by pine trees in view of Mt. Adams. I felt like I was on Beaver mountain but just a little better. Amazing. It's amazing to me how yes I am given challenges but also God's love is all around me. Just got to look for it!

We got invited to a Baptists' families home for some nice BBQ. I love a great burger that's for sure! They fed us and then we shared the message of the restoration-that is a good set. Charley the father-nice guy with a cool grey go-t and his wife Debra and autistic son(24yrs) were very kind but didn't open their hearts enough to accept it. I love sharing the message of the restoration!

 I think it would be awesome if you guys could read through it for family home or better yet if Stockton and Madsen could teach it from preach my gospel during a family home! I wish I would've done this! When we share this message if feels like I'm painting a picture! It's so beautiful. I know this is true because every time I share it an intense spirit of joy and power feels my heart!

A fun adventure that happened this week is when we came to strange apartment complex we ran into(in order) a 1. gay man from morocco, an amputee that had brain surgery with inappropriate pictures on his wall, 2. a brazilian lady in a bathrobe and then 3. as we were walking to another building a guy said take you ideas and go home. I told him I didn't have a ride.

We then met Manny. Manny is 20 yrs old and he had the question of "why are there so many churches?" Why are we here on Earth and where are we going. We very simply gave him the answers! He has a Christian background but like many young people here when they see all the churches( every 200 m you find another church) they feel confused and separate themselves from all. Our message brings them so much understanding and direction however because many of them have their heart set more on other things they appreciate the knowledge and don't feel a true desire to chase after it. Manny seemed different we are going to try to find him today.

Something else really cool is that we have been trying to do some member missionary work. We've been inviting youth to get their friends out to activities. This week one of the young woman invited two of her friends to this service activity that we did with the young women! it was fun to pull weeds along side them for a widow! It was fun to say.."Hey team we're slacking" and hey Lucy keep an eye on Elise make sure she's working. I love getting to know the youth and trying to build them up with compliments and in a big brother way inviting them to stay strong!

Honestly, we have been trying so hard to find the elect! We go by less actives and former investigators but it comes down to it you got to buck up and just go "hunting" as I call it-good old knockin' doors. we haven't had too much success as late but we still have tons of faith. Last night after the phone call we ran into an African american guy named cliff. He told us that he's prayed to God and that he feels like he's not in the right path. We shared with him the message and he really listened. It's absolutely incredible to share the first vision with people like this because the words become God's not your own! Cliff is a father of two girls. He works so hard. Please pray for Cliff that he'll read the pamphlet of the restoration and know that it is true! if we put our faith together miracles will follow!
I love you guys! Thank you for pushing me up! I'll find the Joy! You are all so incredible in your own ways! Pray for missionary opportunities es this week! And get your flame going your light so others can hear God's words through you! We can do this!
 love you all!
  Elder Rigby

I am including in this post pics from Elder Rigby's zone conference in Dalles.  It was fun to see him from another perspective.  We are sure proud of our missionary!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday