1st transfers

Hello! I made it through the first transfer!!!
This week has been fantastic. I'm coming closer to Christ. I'm my first investigator and this one is progressing! 
I've learned so much this week. Lately I've been struggling on  how to create a productive language study plan, but I received an answer that really opened things up for me!
 Everything we do every moment of the day as missionaries is to help or prepare to help others. My study plan should be soley focused on helping others come unto Christ using whatever materials or methods possible to make that happen. Like my study plan every thing I do from exercising, eating, personal study, companionship study, 12-week training study, sleeping, p-day, taking a minute to relax, teaching, finding, and even using the restroom:) should be focused on preparing to help or helping people come unto Christ! 

This concept of everything we do should be focused on helping others come unto Christ is something I plan to carry out after my mission because I know this is the way to happiness. 8:35..".For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it."

Since I was 11 I've had a strong testimony that the Book of Mormon is true but never has my testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith had the same conviction; therefore, I put it upon myself this week to begin my quest to obtain a knowledge that Joseph was a prophet. This has led to some of the most sincere prayers I have ever given. I've learned that the way we open the doors to heaven is by prayer. All of the prophets of the Book of Mormon have shown us that true, urgent, sincere, pleading prayer is the path by which true ordinary people change into disciples of Christ. In order for me to be a true disciple of Christ, I must be able to testify that Joseph truly was a prophet-I have begun pleading to God to help me know in addition to fasting and reading D&C and the Book of Mormon with this prayer in my heart. 

During Ward conference this week, I saw evidence that God was listening. The President of the Stake described how he was much of the same state of heart at the beginning of his mission as I am currently. He later said that by reading D&C and the Book of Mormon, he gained that conviction he wished to have. Wow, this was such a miracle. Through prayer, study, and fasting God let me know that little by little if I just keep practicing Faith I will eventually obtain this knowledge. This has brought peace to my heart, strengthened my faith, and given me more strength to continue on this quest to obtain this knowledge.

 Elder Sanchez and I are doing great! We have NOTHING in common though! I'm sad to say that he drives me crazy, but I still love him. I probably drive him crazy too! We are becoming better friends and are starting to laugh more with each other! I'm glad I have at least 6 more weeks to learn from him! The good thing about being grouped with someone super different for 24/7 is you get to experience life in a different perspective which allows us to be able to helps me relate to more people and to be able to understand their needs! Which is Great!

We worked very hard this week! We talked to so many people about Christ this week it was great! There is NOTHING more fulfilling than testifying of Christ I love that I have this opportunity! It makes the hard times worth it! 

We received a Branch Mission leader 2 weeks ago, Brother Pothe. he is such a nice man and is helping us coordinate a system to reach out to ALL the less actives and members in the ward. Theses members will be separated equally between 3 sets of missionaries. The focus is to help them come closer unto Christ as well as drastically improve the member missionary work in the area. Member Missionary work is the only way I can help the people I've been sent here to help!

Jorge Figueroa is struggling. We had a lesson this week with a member present about tithing. It was a shock to him. He didn't express all his feelings but we could tell it was a big blow. We have visited him a few times after that and sent him a letter in effort to strengthen his faith. He is doing a little better and hopefully will reach his revised date for baptism of October 15.

Another of our major investigators Jose Coria is doing well. He still won't come to church but we got him interested in the Book of Mormon! I know that the Book of Mormon is true and there is a reason for the order of the stories and books! How great are the mysteries of God! Hopefully we can get Jose and Jorge to come to watch Gen. Conf. this week it will really help! It's such a blessing we have and can listen to the words of the modern day prophets.
we are definitely improving the effectiveness of "finding" I'm excited to see the fruits of our efforts this week. The Lord is helping us at every moment. I pray we can bring our will and actions closer to his will. If we do so, I know we will see Miracles. 

God is our Father I know he loves all of us. If we just pray and read our scriptures with our whole hearts, we will be changed. I know the day will come when we will perfectly remember our works-including how much and how sincerely we prayed to God and how often we hearkened unto his words. I know if we do not, we will look back and say... what could of been-how many people could I have helped? Who could've I become. If we pray with all our hearts and read with faith- God will make his will known to us. I know we will have no regrets and we will experience indescribable joy instead of feeling the aching pain of regret.

Grandpa and Grandma Rigby-
Thank you for the letters you sent they give me so much strength! Grandma I hope you are feeling well! That is so cool you're reading Jesus the Christ! I love you so much thank you for all of your support. Grandpa you've always been there for me and it hasn't changed your letters bring me the power of remembering who I am, who loves me, who wants me to succeed, what I can do, and what I can become. This brings me so much hope for the days ahead. All because you always take time to send letters and emails thank you so much!

Mom
I haven't reieved the ties yet. I'm eating healthy! I'm getting really strong!
I love you so much! I feel your prayers and your love. Know I love you. I miss you, but I can't wait to come home and see that you're boy has become a man of God because you served him and helped him understand that by being humble and working hard anything is possible.

DAD
Congrats on the bull thank you so much for your emails! I've been praying for you and the business. I hope all is well. Thank you for teaching me that listening is so important. I'm becoming a better listenern and having more common sense I promise... we maybe i'm trying:)

Stockton
Wow you can't catch a break congrats on the win you're so tough so proud of you love you bro!

Madsen
you pitched in a varsity game? wow you're sooo cool Madsen! keep it up you're the best

Emma
Good luck with the elk hunt- Iove you so much thanks for the letter!

Maleck
you're cooler than cool congrats on the interceptinong and the touchdown!!! 
aunt jen
thanks for the letter! I love you guys

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday