News from Moses Lake-September 19, 2017

Dear Family and Friends,

I've been doing so much better this week! I'm not getting as homesick and I'm having a great time! 
I'm laughing more and just relaxing as I work but above all I love fulfiling my purpose-Invite others to come unto Christ by receiving the restored gospel. One of my favorite moments of the week was sitting down with 2 little boys and teaching them about Christ by telling about the Book of Mormon while my companion, Elder Sanchez, talked to their mother. 

I pulled out my book of Mormon and told them this book is about Jesus-I had to teach really simply so they could understand obviously one boy was 3 and the other 6. I showed them the picture of Christ on the first page and began describing simply who Jesus Christ is. I simply shared that he is the son of God. He was sent by God, our Heavenly Father, to the Earth to die so we could live again. These little boys loved this idea. The 3 year old didn't quite understand:) but the 6 year old ran to his mom and began to tell her about what I told her. He then came back and sat down quietly and asked me if Jesus is alive. I showed him another of Jesus when he was visiting the Americas and told him I know Jesus lives. The experience was simple but so profound it made me very happy.

 It's sad to think there are many people older than 6 that don't understand this...because Christ came we will live again. how beautiful this is-oh death where is thine sting oh grave where is thine victory. 

As I've come closer unto Christ, I've really started to see some of my weaknesses.(ether 12:27) I've come to know i need to strengthen my testimony of Joseph Smith. I've been sincerely reading the Book of Mormon while following Elder Bednar's challenge to read with a question(my question :what is the Character of Christ) and to know for myself who is Jesus Christ and how can we turn out as he did when the natural man wants to turn in. While reading with this question, I've began to learn that the path is simple to begin having the character of Christ...follow the example of Alma the younger. Alma was one of the "vilest of sinners" but through faith, repentance, and exercising his faith by keeping his baptismal covenant of mourning with those that morn, comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as a witness of God at all times in things and at all places, we can be redeemed

By learning of the Character of Christ in the Book of Mormon, I've begun to change just like Alma the younger was able to change and through this I've begun to know for myself that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and Joseph Smith was a prophet.

Elder Sanchez and I have had a very interesting week. Honestly we are sooo different. Only the Gospel brings us together. However, I'm learning so much for him he makes me feel so important. His love and charity humbles me. We had an interesting discussion this week. Somehow hunting came up in one of our conversations while we were driving. He said basically that hunting is a sin. Because I am from Southern Utah where hunting lies right below going to Church, I almost slugged him right there. Nevertheless, I swallowed my pride, resisted the natural man, let it roll off my back, and continued throughout the day. Thank heavens I did because we found a new investigator a few minutes afterwards. 

I took the chance in comp. inventory to fully describe how hunting is a sacred experience in my family-we are A-Ok now. He doesn't agree but we can get along! He's done so many nice things for me this week like writing my name fancy followed by very kind partially true:) words about me. I love Elder Sanchez. We are very different but I am so happy I've gotten to know him.

We've had a good week. We had 32 gospel conversations with random people. Our goal was thirty five but we'll get it this week! Jorge keeps progressing.  This week he recited parables in Spanish during a lesson while we were teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ-he is ready for baptism. I'm sure if I could understand him It would have  been more of a lesson for me! 

We've been talking to a 30 year old man named Jose who is just starting to read the Book of Mormon. He feels like it will be a long time til he is ready because he needs to learn everything.  Hopefully, he will realize we just have to repent, obey the commandments, and be willing to try our best to follow God in order for us to be baptized. We will teach this to him this week. 

 We are becoming better at finding, using our time wisely, and obtaining the vision of member missionary work. I pray that we will be worthy enough to be able to follow the promptings of the spirit so we can be able to find someone who is truly ready. Preferably, in Spanish because we keep finding English speaking people that are ready and have to hand them off to the other English speaking Elders. We found a mom (differnt mom then the one who's kids I talked to about Jesus) of 2 little kids who is thirsting for the word. I loved to see that she truly would read the Book of Mormon with full purpose of heart and pray to our father in Heaven to see if it is true. I'm so sad we can't come back to talk to her. I hope that Elders Olson and Saitman are grateful because I'm bumbed out that I don't get to see her growth in the coming weeks.

 Oh and we are writing letters to less actives, members, and investigators telling them we love them and encouraging them to follow our savior(have faith, pray, read the book of Mormon, look for missionary opportunities)

Family and friends!
Clyde 
Thanks so much for your email and your support! I miss you Clyde!

Maleck
I saw the picture of you playing quarter back! I'm so proud of you! thank you for your note you're cooler than cool! Keep working hard at school and at football! That's so nice you cleaned Mom's car! keep it up! Love you Mal!

Emma
Wow Emma! you ran a race in Hurricane! That's so cool! SO Proud of you! Running is tough but it looks like your tougher! I couldn't be more excited of who you are becoming! I hope you're being nice to everyone especially Stockton and Madsen. I love you Emma!

Madsen
So I hear your pretty busy! Geeze baseball, basketball, school, Student Gov, playing guitar, and being a great guy! You have it tough Madsen haha so proud of you! Really I am! Freshaman year was hard for me. Rely on the lord and focus on your spiritual strength and you'll become something so awesome! I can't wait to see who you become!

Stockton
Thank you so much for your email. I printed it off so I can have it in my apartment. I'm trying to relax. Everyone I'm around is so much different than me it's pretty hard. Hey but I'm complaining to the wrong guy! So proud of your win man! You're are incredible! How's your leg? I miss you. I miss laughing with you. Driving with you and just being around you. Keep working hard! I am so excited to come back to see that you and Madsen have become great men!

Mom
on pday we shop, email, and play games and clean, I'm laughing a little bit more I'm trying, we have a new investigator named Jesus he has a family, wants to get baptized but has to marry his very catholic wife first, Elder Sanchez has been out for 9 months, I do my laundry at the apartment. Thank you so much for sending me that package and sending me the new one as well with the bar and the gifts! I love you so much please keep going. know that I love you!

Dad
Love you thank you so much for you email last week it helped me tons! FELICIDADES on your elk so proud of you! Thank you for teaching me how to work. you're my hero! I hope you are doing well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday