Mission life in Moses Lake

September 12, 2016
Hello Everyone!!!
Honestly this week has been very interesting. It started out with P-day last week where I had my first experience really loosening up and having some fun we were playing a silly dodge ball like game and I just laughed and laughed felt so good. I really need to work on having fun... this is one of my goals this week!

On Tuesday I went on exchange with another new elder his name is Elder Veropalumbo. He was born in Uraguay and can express himself in both languages completely...what a blessing that is. It is a blessing of the sacrifice of his family has made to come to America. I learned a little about his family's story and it was inspiring. I know for certain that I have many blessings like this as well that come from my faithful ancestors as they believed that God spoke again and had a prophet in Kirtland.

 Anyways that evening while we were out tracting, we ran into a Baptist Pastor. What a strange experience. He asked us many questions about what happens after we die. But being weak  in my knowledge of the after life... not in testimony I could not convince him intellectually and since the spirit was driven out by him, we could not speak with the spirit and thus were without the strength of God. Eventually, we were able to leave his porch. I left with a desire to know Joseph was a prophet. This knowledge is critical as a Latter Day Saint. I've been working on strengthening my testimony!( it's coming along:)
We talked with a less active boy this week who's name is Issac. He reminded me of Madsen and as I encouraged him to read the Book of Mormon my eyes swelled with tears as I missed Madsen and testified to sIsac if it were Madsen of how much we need God and we need to read the Book of Mormon. Madsen I love you and miss you bro. Please read the Book of Mormon as well as studying the N.T. It will make you into something incredible. No second will ever be wasted in the Book of Mormon only the the joy and hope will come.
My ability to understand and speak the language is improving. The Gift of tongues is real! What I love almost as much as testifying of Christ is When people actually understand what I'm saying! 
Oh I'm making a lot of new friends! I've made pretty good friends with this little kid named David at one of the trailer parks. He saids we're his best friends! David is 7 yrs old reminds me of Maleck! 

Details:
We live in some really nice apartements but since we live with some other elders who don't love to clean, it gets a little not so clean and a little cramped. The area is FLAT. I HATE FLAT but I love the people and this is where the Lord wants me to be so I'm okay. We spend much of our time in trailer parks. Some are nice and clean others are very humbling. I am so grateful for what I have. Honestly, this week has been hard. If we were able to tract all day and talk to people (fufil my purpose) I would be A-OK but since we don't, my mind often drifts and I get very sad. I love all of you and pray for you constantly. I'm getting better and not getting homesick. I know there is no place in the grand  of creation that would bless my family more and bless my family to come than where I am right now.

Elder Sanchez lived very closed to Texas. love you mom

This week has been a pivotal moment of my mission. I read the fourth missionary talk. I've been the third missionary the one who gives all his efforts to the work and is very obedient but all the while silently thinks in the back of his mind what he misses of home, what his family is doing , and what he would really like to be doing. All the time I've been trying to let go of this mindset and it's been hard but this talk has helped a great deal. 

I know now that though one may have perfect faith with all the talents and abilities to save others given  to him from God and actually ends up saving many souls... if he does not love God with ALL HIS HEART by letting go of everything he left behind mentally as well as physically and give his whole heart to the work his mission, it profiteth him nothing, and he receives no joy from the mission because his heart is always fighting between the natural man and divine self. I know now I must let go of everything I left behind in my heart and surrender ALL my wants, wishes, and desires to the will of God. I will forget myself and go to work. By so doing I will change and while on the path of helping others come unto Christ I will become what he wants me to become. I know if I continue on this path the day will come when I will Jesus and I will know him and he will know me.

Me and Elder Sanchez are becoming closer. I learn from him everyday. He helps me where I am weak. I hope I do the same for him. We work hard and are diligent. We did not quite reach the goals we set of new investigators, progressing investigators, or investigators attending Church, but we have seen our weaknesses and will address them with strength this week. I really appreciate his patience with me as I try to learn the language. What a blessing he is when we are in the home of Spanish Speakers I don't know what I'd do without him.

This week we may have not obtained new investigators but we handed out several Books of Mormon and will be following up with these people our friends next week! We are improving our ability to direct a conversation into the gospel and it's very fun! These moments of testifying of Christ as our redeemer and his word, The Book of Mormon, is incredibly rewarding. I live for these moments. Jorge continues to progress! He has no problems with the word of wisdom! He said he very much agreed with this commandment. We where able to learn his story when we came one time this week. Last year, he almost died in an incident where a blood vessel popped in his head. Luckily, after a long recovery his okay. This experience inspired him to come unto Christ, which led him to open the door to Elder Sanchez and his previous companion, and continue to listen to his word through Elder Sanchez and I. His faith is growing and as we meet with him and he shares his testimony my faith is strengthened as well. He is set for Baptism on October 8

We have quite a few potentials this week and hopefully their hearts will turn and  they will come unto Christ and find truth through our message

Family...
Grandma and Grandpa Rigby thank you so much for your package! My companion loved his shirt. Your letters motivated me during a rough day. I love you very much! I love my sweatshirt and shirt! Thank you for all your support you've always made me feel very loved and important it has helped me so much before my mission and it is so priceless here in the field. I love you. Thank you for always being there to me.

Grandma Weaver!
Thank you so much for your emails! I can feel your love through the text. I don't know why but many of the older hispanic ladies remind me of you. They are so very kind and because you have dark brown eyes and olive skin when they shake my hand I feel it is you and it makes me feel at home. I love you.

Sister Grimshaw
Thank you for your letter! You're like another grandmother to me! I have the postcard next to my desk and it reminds me that all can change through the attonement. Thank you this reminder is priceless.

Maleck
You SCORED THREE TOUCHDOWNS! What you're awesome! That's cooler than cool! I miss you! I heard you are giving Stockton a hard time haha keep it up pal! Good luck this week keep working hard in practice! Promise me. being lazy is bad news! Love you.

Emma
I heard you ran your first race! Wow I heard you're doing so well I'm so proud of you! You are doing so much more than I ever drempt of in sixth Grade! I love you so much please don't grow up to fast! I loved that picture you look so cute I love your hair! You're so pretty! Are you still being nice to everyone? You better be! I'll love you forever.

Madsen
I heard you had a rough morning. I'm sorry. I miss you I really do. You're so funny and such a great heart. Please do what I said and read the Book of Mormon too. I want the very best for you. Please. Madsen my mind drifts back to when we'd be driving in the car to the dump and having jimmy's in the jeep. We will do this again, until this day stay strong in the faith. I love you Madsen.

Stockton
I hope your leg is alright. You had such a great game! Wow. Shingles Stockton my goodness thats some bad luck! I saw your homecoming pics you looked pretty cute! I hope you are enjoying football and you somewhat enjoyed the dance honestly I just loved dinner at the dances. I miss you bro! I honestly wish I would've been a better brother to you. Please forgive me. Hey I keep all my stuff picked up. I know at least you appreciate that stuff haha I with others were like you (wink,wink) I love you bro I miss talking with you please pray out loud morning at night on your knees. You need strength and that is how you will get it. I love you Stockton. Stay strong I pray extra hard at 8-9:30 in Washinton on friday nights!

Mom and Dad
Thank you both for all your emails and support it brings me so much strength please keep writing. I miss you a ton Mom I love you! I pray for you! Please send a pull up bar when you send the coat that would make my year! and please send pictures of Christ for my investigators and a nice tie for Jorge. I love you both with all my heart. Inline image 1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday