Jesus lives and we have a prophet

2018-3-28 Yakima Transfer Site (28)2018-3-28 Yakima Transfer Site (48)Hola Familia,
It sounds that all of you are having a great Easter Break! 
Emma I am glad your foot is feeling better!
Maleck it sounds like you had a great time in vegas it makes me very happy!
Stockton stay strong and go to school! I hope you have a great time shed hunting!
Mom- I loved the easter package! Thank you for all the great goodies and recipies! I love the beach towel! It was so fun to open up! Love you!

I apologize but I had a strong feeling this past week that you all need to come pick me up and then I need to show you my friends. I'm so thrilled Washington is close and I know this is one of the reasons he sent me here is for us to have that experience together of meeting all of the people while I still have my tag. I'm sorry to inconvieniece this will cause. I love you all! I learned some amazing things at conference! 

Dad I hope all is going well with looking for a career I love you and I pray for you!
Grandma Rigby! I loved your package and especially those yellow eggs! Love you!

 (each week the missionaries write President Lewis a note on the progress in the field- the following is Elder Rigby's letter to him this week.
2018-3-28 Yakima Transfer Site (82)2018-3-28 Yakima Transfer Site (92)
Dear President! I had an amazing week.
One of the greatest things that happened this week was that Elder Bradshaw wrote a letter to me explaining how even though we had some rough times he really appreciated that I cared about him a lot.
(this will be a list of a lot of great things)

Elder Lowry and I get along very well. I love the fact that he played Rugby and Football too! He also expressed how he has also struggled with anxiety. I admire tremendously his desire to come out and serve a mission even though his parents are no longer members. I asked him if this is hard for him and he answered that it is but he's doing this because it's his decision and he wants to do what God wants him to do. I'm very impressed and grateful for the friends on his football team that encouraged him to come out to the field! He has struggles of his own and is sometimes timid but I'm making a big focus on giving him opportunities to grow. He expressed as well that he wants to know for himself that this is all true. He is finishing the Book of Mormon for the first time. I'm pondering on how I can help him receive his witness that these things are all true! 

Great things have happened in our area as well..
Finding
We went to a trailer park that I have never tracted before and we met a couple great families and though they are not 100% ready to receive the message right now we have a book where we can document there name so when we go back in a couple weeks they will know they are important to us.
La familia Sumano
We called Hermana Sumano during the week to invite her to conference and she in turn invited us to give her father, who lives in a rest home, a blessing. He does not have a right leg and a couple fingers due to diabetes. We gave him a blessing. It was a remarkable experience of being led by God. La familia Sumano also came to conference with their less active mother who has never seen a conference.

La familia Soto. 
We invited them to conference and they came to 3 sessions. Hmo. Soto is coming out with us this evening.
La familia Nava
We are making steps to begin teaching The nava's non-member adult children. The Nava's came to 2 sessions. We are going to visit the Navas tomorrow with the Branch president

La familia Juarez
I felt impressed that the Juarez family simply needs to feel loved in order to come back. We went to their home during an evening this past week where we were able to solidify the purpose of why we come, not because we want to "obligate" them to come to Church but because we love them. Hmo. Juarez feels shame for what he's done and he wants to feel worthy to come back. we will be working closely with the branch presidency to make sure this is accomplished.
La familia Gonsalez
We went to the Gonsalez home this past week. We read 3 Nephi 11 with Juan(16), Jasmin(18) and their Father Mecelio. Great news is Mecelio and his daughter came to conference. I'm REALLY excited to see the father show more interest. We're going to get him! That's for sure!
Santiago-
We got in contact with a former investigator this last week and were able to help him understand the apostasy and the importance of receiving his personal answer. It was amazing because we felt like we needed to change our plans that night and visit him. He did not going to conference but we are bringing Hmo. Soto to one of our apts. with him tonight.

A Baptism in the Englewood Rama



2018-3-25 Baptism Englewood Rama (2)

2018-3-25 Baptism Englewood Rama (5)



2018-3-25 Baptism Englewood Rama (6)
Hermanas Gomez and Goff have been teaching her. Elder Rigby confirmed her.
2018-3-25 Baptism Englewood Rama (4)2018-3-25 Baptism Englewood Rama (11)2018-3-25 Baptism Englewood Rama (12)2018-3-25 Baptism Englewood Rama (21)2018-3-25 Baptism Englewood Rama (22)2018-3-25 Baptism Englewood Rama (23)Her aunt gave the baptism talk.2018-3-25 Baptism Englewood Rama (24)Look who’s going to General Conference!!2018-3-25 Baptism Englewood Rama (29)2018-3-25 Baptism Englewood Rama (33)2018-3-25 Baptism Englewood Rama (37)2018-3-25 Baptism Englewood Rama (41)2018-3-25 Baptism Englewood Rama (42)2018-3-25 Baptism Englewood Rama (43)Oh happy day!
I could talk forever of how this conference has blessed my life but I want to make hit the major things God said to me-God sent me here to learn these things
1) It's all about the people-It's not about me! I need to stop thinking about what i can or cannot do because the only thing that matters is the job gets done-they make covenants with God! That, the Holy spirit tells them that these things are true. God has made me perfectly capable to help them know they are loved and that this is true despite my weaknesses. My weaknesses don't matter!
2) Getting tasks done doesn't matter it's all about making changes in people. Ex. God created the earth to change us
3) I need to expect and treat prayer as very real revelatory experience with my father in heaven-I can receive answers.
4) I am going to be a heart surgeon

Love,
Elder Rigby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday