Esta Calentandose

Hola,


Gpa Rigby
I'm very glad to hear that you had a great time with my Dad and Madsen. Madsen is sure playing well! I received your B-day card in the most perfect time. I true tender mercy from God. It turns out I forgot I had withdrawn money from my card to do laundry the week before which left me broke. I had an extremely humbling experience asking my companion for laundry money. I have a hard time accepting help. I was very humbled. I then opened up the mailbox and found the very kind card that Gma wrote with a crisp 100 bill. It was a life saver. I was able to pay for laundry, a sub-way sandwhich and some grocceries. thank you so much! I'm so grateful Grandma keeps sending sweet prayers my way. One day I just woke up and I felt amazing. I knew it had to do with her prayers. It makes me overjoyed to hear that Dan is a part of the Bishopric! I can feel that the work is speeding up as well! There have been many changes in my mission while I've been here from scheduling changes to the addition of smartphones. God is trusting us and we will not fail! Thank you Grandpa for your words of encouragement and perspective. It is so true I have never felt more joy. 
Love you Grandpa. Tell Gma I love her as well

Maleck
I hope you have a great trip to zion! You've only lost one game? Wow! impressive! You hit, pitch, and play the piano! God has sure blessed you friend with many gifts! I love how you're so diligent! You've come so far!!! You bought a scooter with your own money? Impressive! We are doing great Maleck thanks for asking! Love you!

Emma
I'm glad you went to church! thanks for helping Madsen out with his posters! You did family home? Wow! I think that's awesome that you are babysitting! I can see that you would do a great job! I hope you have a great week Emma! Love you!

Madsen
I wanted to say how proud I am of you for the great efforts you have put into Baseball. It's not as much as what you've done Madsen. It's who you've become. You're strong. Love you! I just got the news that you are running for Junior Class president. I think that's so cool! I wish you the best of luck and with whatever happens I'm proud of who you are! However, I'm praying hard for a W. CV needs Madsen!

Stockton
Hey Stockton! I hope all is well Bro! I heard you will be going to BYU this weekend! Good luck! I hope it goes great! While I was searching through my Facebook feed for my investigators this past week you prom pictures and then your senior pics showed up! You look great bro! Sounds like you've had an amazing senior year! I hope you have a great week Stockton! Please tell me what's been going on? I would love to hear how your B-day went! I can't wait to be back with my B-day present(you).
Just got email from Mom. 25 days left til graduation. So you have a beautiful daughter of God as your GF and I haven't received a single Email about her? low.😂 

Mom
Thank you so much for getting the B-day present! It was great! I loved the goodies and the nice cards! Thank you for putting all the time and love into it. I love you! Oh something I do that I've loved this week is to help other people know why we are here i often share a picture of our family on my phone to express to them that this message blesses families. It's been a lot of fun! Thank you for always being so mindful of me. 
I just got your email..

I'm so glad you're having a great morning, listening to conference talks, and finding strength in the words of the prophets. I have loved following the guidance of President nelson by finding a quiet place to pray and recording the impressions I receive.
I'm so sad to hear that Mrs. Perkins past a way I'll pray for their family. I hope Bro. Zortman is ok. I got the shoes and I love them! I went to a physical therapist this week to get a diagnosis and some exercises. It turns out that because of the missionary lifestyle and my crazy workouts I have worn out/ inflamed some cartildge in my knee. He made it seem that it's going to be a long recovery. It looks like Gpa and I will become even better friends. I miss running and exercising tremendously. I have to do wimpy workouts now but it is helping me find stress relief in prayer instead of simply just running. I think that's great!
That's so kind of you to think of Elder Lowry! He loves 7-11 and Reece's
I think a day per area sounds great! 
I will start thinking of activities!
Love you!

Dad
I think that's incredible that you went all the way to Parker for Dan! I hope you had a great time! I'm very glad to hear he is strong in the faith. I'm overjoyed that Spencer and Russell are coming back! Out of everything I have the greatest gifts I've received have been my Savior, my Family, and my mission. These people mean so much to me. I feel truly spoiled. I pray that Stockton will be able to participate in this is well because it has been an incredible mission. Thank you so much for praying for our people they need some help!!! Love you Dad thank you for being such a great example!

Grandma and Grandpa Weaver
Grandma I shared some of the cookies you sent with my District. They loved them and so did I. They were great and I loved how they were so finely kept! As well thank you for the 25 dollars I really appreciate that as well. But wow, those cookies were great!

This week!

Elder Lowry
He's taking great strides! I've loved to see him grow! He was not very satisfied with the first 3 transfers of his mission but now he is doing marvelous! This past week he had a great idea of helping Juan take the next step towards baptism by helping him come out on lessons with us by getting a ride with our Branch mission leader to lessons. He continues to teach me everyday how fun casual conversations, after helping them understand our purpose, helps people relax and be prepared to accept our message. We will be doing a facebook family home with his LA family tonight at 6. We will also be teaching his soon to be step dad this tuesday at 8. I know God has given me Elder Lowry to help me progress. I'm so grateful for how the people in my mission help me become more like Christ! Also, Isn't that great we are going to teach his family? I can't imagine how hard it would be if my family was very less active.
The area-It's heating up!!!

Garcia Family
(the family who's son ran away and stole 4k from family saving account, and who's older son commited suicide 7 years ago) 
We are continuing strenghthen our relationship with this great family. The father continues to spend most of the time venting about his troubles. It has been great he feels comfortable enough to share his feelings but we need to help him understand he needs to listen too:) We have invited them to read the Book of Mormon. Alex, the youngest son, goes to his brothers room everyday after school to see if he's come home. I'm excited to get our secret wepon Hmo. Soto to visit them with us.

Rauda Family
Judi(the mom) called us up this last week and invited us to come over to teach them more. they didn't come to church but are very excited to read

Urenda Family
This family asked them what our church offers that there church doesn't Elder Lowry said," eternal families. Edenia the mom is reading hard!

Sumano Family
Great lesson last night she is praying about her patriarhical blessing and first temple trip! She is so strong. i love sitting next to her and her 2 kids at church

Yesenia
Young mom, has great desires, this week should be interesting

Juvinal and Rosa
my older friends are on the slow track but as I always say. If we can't get them now I'll teachem when I'm dead. Eternal life of tracting and teaching sounds like a lot of fun to me!
 
On exchanges with Elder Beaumont we had a lesson with one of their investigators. He was very drunk and had expressed how he had broke the law of chastity this last week. It was a very tender experience for me because I was able to testify of the mercy of Christ to all those who are willing to love him enough to follow him no matter how weak or how much they've fallen. I loved walking with Elder Beaumont on exchanges.

Love to all,
Elder Rigby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday