March Madness



2018-3-7 Interviews Yak Valley SP (20)





Hola Familia!
Emma
Hello Emma! yes I know time is running down😰 there is so much people to help and I know there is another family waiting for us ! We have to find them! You have a stressed fracture in your foot? Wow! get feeling better! I love you Emma! thank you for being so sweet! have a great week!:)

Stockton
Great work Stockton!!! Mom threw the Javelin too. I'm sure you got it from her! i'm so glad you are doing so well and focusing on others!!! Nice Stockton! I'm so happy you are doing well! keep it up you stud!

Madsen
Madsen I'm so proud of you! I'm so glad Baseball is going well!

42 Behold, he who has arepented of his bsins, the same is cforgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more.
43 By this ye may know if a man repenteth of his sins—behold, he will aconfess them and bforsake them.
You are amazing Madsen!
Maleck
Yes Maleck! I'll get people to church! Best of luck with Baseball man! I'm sorry you didn't get much sleep you can do it you're tough! Thanks for sending me your letter I can feel your smile through your words!

Mom!
You keep it up mom you are a work horse. I went to the orthopedic and he couldn't find anything wrong so I will have an MRI! mom i testify that by the grace of Jesus Christ you will accomplish his will as you turn to him for guidance! I love you!!!

Dad
thank you so much for your pictures and good words! I have felt God say the same thing to me dad! so very true! I have absolutely loved making friends! Thank you for being such a great one too! 

My Dear Friend President Lewis,

Thank you for the great interview this past week it was very uplifting and inspiring. Thank you for pointing me in a precise direction in order to confront what I lack or what I can do to fulfill my purpose more completely. I'm very far from achieving my goal of helping Elder Bradshaw feel the joy that comes from missionary work. However, the work goes forth boldly:)

This week we were able to find 6 new investigators!

Jorge and Beatrice
Young couple with 2 young boys. We helped them understand the love we can feel from our heavenly father as we keep God's work. I loved getting right into 1 nephi 8 and 11. As we connect this couple with the enthusiastic members of the Branch we'll see great success I'm sure.  What impacted me the most is when they said that they couldn't remember a moment when they felt God's love! We sure want to fix that!

Robert, Emelia, and their nephew Elvin(14)
Members from the Selah 1st ward got us in contact with a hispanic family that lives out in the boonies! The Husband is actually from Cedar City Utah-Bro. Cardon. Mid lesson I discovered he was from Cedar City Utah. I was so happy I gave him a hug. He served his mission in Venezuela. We are in the very beginning stages of teaching this family. Right now, Emelia is reading the Restoration Pamphlet, Robert is reading chapter 11 of 3rd Nephi  and Elvin is reading 1 Nephi 1. We taught Elvin individually yesterday. Sadly, We(mostly myself) asked him too many questions in order to get to know him and find his beliefs/desires. Instead of opening up I forced him into a hole and made him nervous:) I learned from this experience that we can take a different approach. I thought to myself,"what can we do differently? If only we read a little story before we started out"  My mind then turned to the story of Angel Moroni appearing to Joseph smith and telling him where the Book of Mormon was that holds the plan of happiness for our families! It's a very non threatening way to get them opened up. We can ask them question such as
1. how would you feel if an angel appeared while you were praying?
2. have you ever read from a gold Book?

It's a very non-threatening way to help them understand what the Book of Mormon is. We can then read a chapter such as 3 Nephi 11 that can help them  feel the spirit right off the bat and help them understand principles of the restoration! 

I have enjoyed once again diving into the Book of Mormon. One of my favorite studies during the week was centered on 2 Nephi chapter 2:8
8 Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise.

I focused on the phrase
no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah,
I learned that...
Merits means what Christ earned when he accomplished his sacrifice-The ability to  offer us mercy and grace.
Mercy is the ability to with hold justice, the punishment for our wrong choices and receive mercy-blessings(Alma 34:17-24)
Grace is the ability to do more and be more than who we were. In my mind it is divine power from Jesus Christ that enable us to become perfect(Moroni 10:32)

I loved this study because it helped me realize that I don't merit anything! Everything in my life my blessings and the ability I have to serve others comes straight from him and all the efforts and talents others have come from him too! How blessed we are! How merciful our God is! And the only thing he asks is that we truly hear his words!



We are going to get the district excited today for the zone conference tomorrow! I'm ready to get my JV football captain out in order to bring them some ganas(excitement and effort to do the work)!


Love,
Elder Rigby






2018-3-7 Interviews Yak Valley SP (21)
 Advice on preparing and serving a mission
Elder Bradshaw:  Always make the Book of Mormon a focus in your studies and teaching.  Use your time wisely.  Don’t get discouraged when things don’t go your way.
Elder Rigby: Open your Book of Mormon before the fridge.  When your thoughts aren’t positive, think of your blessings and give thanks to God.  Do all the activities in Preach My Gospel!!

2018-3-7 Interviews Yak Valley SP (25)2018-3-7 Interviews Yak Valley SP (24)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday