Conference is Coming


Clyde
I'm sorry that you lost your shirt the other night playing Poker Clyde!👏 Yes we are striving to bring souls to Christ! It has been great! I'm loving it! I love being a missionary! Clyde! I hope that you have a great Easter friend! Thank you for writing to me!

Stockton

Thank you for your concern for Elder Bradshaw. Poor guy. So great that you're learning how to do new things good work stockton! I love you Brother!

Emma
Best of luck to with Sage testing Emma! How is your foot doing? That sounds so fun to play cards with Grandma and Gradpa! Hope you have a great time in the temple! we get to go too soon! I heard you gave a great Family home lesson! So proud! I love you Emma!

Grandma and Grandpa Weaver
Hello! ok I'll keep my body here as well as my mind! I'm really excited for my new companion elder Lowry. I heard he's a fireball. I'm REALLY excited. we're definitely going to see great miracles! Thank you so much for your prayers as well the example you both gave to me by serving a mission in Montana! I love you both! Thank you so much for watching out for my family!

Maleck
It sounds like you have a great ball team maleck! That sounds so exciting You built a bike jump? That's incredible! I love you maleck! Hopefully I'll be able to see one of your games! I'll work hard just for you ;)

Mom
Hello Mom! I'm feeling prompted to get brother Cardon more involved in our missionary work thank you for sending me that! President challenged us to memorize 42 scriptures for the 42 principles. This is stretching my memorizing abilities but it is fun memorizing spanish scriptures and acting like a hispanic preacher. Loving it! I invite you to read the talk by David Bednar "a well of of living water" LOVE YOU MOM. Please send a no bake cookie recipe. I lost mine. As well please send me 2 more cookie recipes. Cookies are the key. I need your help! Thank you for the conference talk you're doing fantastic! keep believing!

Dad
I've gotten around to study that presentation you sent me I've loved it thank you dad! I'm doing great financially! Best of luck with Baseball dad and I'll pray for you as you continue to search. I love you dad thatnk you for being an example of a father who turns to God to make the difference. I'm making my approaches with people more personal and I speak often about how you and Mom and your example for me. I'll pray for you love you!

Grandpa! 
I've been reading that talk you sent me about the sacred grove. Thank you so much! I can't give enough thanks for the support you and Grandma give me. Thank you so much. I love the words you sent me. Please tell Grandma thank you so much for the letter, package and money. I'm writing a letter to her. Also please tell paige how much I loved her letter! I haven't opened the last letter yet.

Dear President,
It was a pleasure to see you at the baptism yesterday for Mailin, The great 13 yr old that was taught by the North Sisters!  What a great evening it was and to see her mother come! I had a such a pleasure interviewing for her and the Baptismal service went great. I felt very honored to be the one to confirm her. It was a great testimony builder to me to feel the difficulty of the words come out at first and then have then begin to roll of my tongue.
By the end of yesterday, I began to feel frustrated with my weaknesses.
A scripture then came to my mind

Jacob 4
6 Wherefore, we search the prophets, and we have many revelations and the spirit of prophecy; and having all these witnesses we obtain a hope, and our faith becometh unshaken, insomuch that we truly can command in the name of Jesus and the very trees obey us, or the mountains, or the waves of the sea.

7 Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things.

I can see that the main truth my Father in Heaven has taught me while being on the mission is that-I'm nothing, to my own strength I am weak. However, it's about time that I stop focusing on what I have a hard time doing at times and remember the truth that it is by the Grace of God that we are saved after all we can do. Through Faith on his name and the humility to accept his will I know he will make me able to perform my work for the Salvation of his Children!



Now for some great news!!!
Juan Gonsalez
The 16 yr old is doing a great job of reading his scriptures and progressing so very well! I was so excited to see him and his Dad come to church on sunday to sacrament meeting! He voiced in our lesson this past week that he feels that the Book of Mormon is true but not quite ready to set a date for baptism. I've loved hearing him express the feelings he has felt as he has read the Book of Mormon. He has a great heart to the promptings of the spirit and I'm so excited to work with his whole family and help his parents and his 4 siblings come to know the truthfulness of the message as well.

Uriel and Sandra
We met Uriel and Sandra as we went back to the trailer park that Elder Bradshaw got kicked out of last transfer and he found Uriel. He is a devout Christian, 22 yrs old, has 2 little girls, and loves serving others(he gave away $150 worth of food to a homeless shelter in thanks to God for helping pass his Disel truck driving test. He has a lot of questions but I'm excited to help him find some answers tonight!

La Familia Soto
Hmo. Soto got back from California. As he has gone to California to work for long periods of time it has weakened his marriage but now he is planning to get a job here. We felt that we need to help him and other less actives recieve their Patriarchal blessing.

La familia Juarez
Elder Narjarian met the LA son of Hermano and Hermana Juarez this last week. They feel a large feeling of unworthiness about coming to Church. However, my good friend's encounter with their son Jovan confirms what I've felt in my heart that this is the time to get them back. What a miracle! so excited

District
This last week we had a great district meeting focused on the importance of lesson fluency, and unity as a companionship.  With the new transfer coming up I'm going to improve my follow up efforts of helping them prepare more effectively daily to teach as one. Elder Hoogland went on an exchange with me the last week and helped me see that by allowing others to lead(E. Bradshaw) he can be more motivated to serve instead of having the feeling that his being pulled behind. It's been interesting because I have learned the great importance of strengthening the unit through relaxing and fun in order to be more effective! I didn't quite understand that before so it was great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday