Hola March



Hola Familia,

Grandpa
I have not gotten your letter yet but thank you!

Dad
Hello dad thank you for your lesson I'm printing it out right now! Best of luck with all the projects! You are one hard working man! Love you dad! I hope you understand how much my gratitude has grown for you. Thank you for teaching me. You are an amazing man and a great dad!

Mom
I love your suggestion for School! Let's do it! I have an apt for my knee and elbow today! I'm staying warm, no snow. I will send you a card of pictures and my adress. I have the Christmas stuff safe. I would love some money to make cookies for our people! I love you mom and thank you so much for your advice and prayers I love you tremendously thank you for staying with me!

Stockton
Best of luck with the track meet Stockton! Thank you for helping Dad! I really appreciate that! You are going to have so many opportunities to cheer people up while you are at the meet and at practice. You have such a gift of being a friend Stockton! Help those that are nervous please I would have really appreciated that! Love you Stockton!  read 3 nephi chapter 13 this will bring you a lot of peace!How is school going? Who are your friends at school and what do you do with them?

Emma
You are amazing emma! Ha I bet it was delicous! I'm so sorry about your foot! Don't forget to ice! That's amazing that you won the game! please tell me what the doctors say! Rest up! Love you!

Maleck
Hey Maleck it looks like you have a big week ahead of you! best of luck! I hope you have a great time! How have you enjoyed basketball? You should send me some pictures! Elder Bradshaw is a very funny guy when I say I want to give him a hug or go on a walk with him in the park, he pulls out his pocket knife. Don' worry he hasn't cut me...yet:) I love you too maleck!

Madsen
Hey Madsen I love you Bro! Best of luck with your Baseball games! Stay strong with Baseball! being dedicated with Athletics has helped me tremendously on my mission I love you!

Dear President! Hope you are doing well good friend!
We are having a great P-day so far this morning and I hope that when you read this letter it will find you well!

Area

Julio
Elders in this area have taught Julio for a long time. Julio and his family were baptized in a Christian church a few years ago; therefore, he is a little hesitant to "jump to another one" We helped him understand that it all lies on the Book of Mormon. I very much enjoyed reading it with him to help him understand God's love and what he can do with his family to achieve eternal life. One of the truths I've learned this week is that no matter how well I may speak a language nothing can help a Child of God more than the Holy spirit confirming the words they are reading from the Book of Mormon. We are going to have a member present lesson with Julio on Tuesday meanwhile Julio is going to watch E. nelson's talk on the Book of Mormon and pray for an answer.

Hector
Hmo. Soto's cousin came to church yesterday after ingrid(7 and Hmo. Soto's daughter) invited him to church. I'm excited to get to know him and teach him! What a miracle that he came!!!

Hermenegildo
Before I came to this area, Elder Bradshaw and Elder Walters met Hermenegildo and invited him to church. He showed up! We are going to have an amazing time teaching him this week! Another miracle!:)

Juan
Juan is a 16 yr old boy that loves playing soccer. We felt prompted to take a hike in our car and go to his house where he began to understand how, because his father in Heaven loves him that he will take care of him if he, Juan, puts God first. I love his family and Juan's sincere desire to love God. He prays often and with more support from the Branch he'll come.

Gabe
Yesterday, we experienced a miracle when Elder Bradshaw felt that we needed to drive to East Selah to tract. We were trying to find some hispanic looking homes but when we realized it wasn't working out we started knocking. He, Gabe (20's), let us right in because he said that the mormons have always been very nice to his Grandmother. I was very impressed with his openess and trust in us. He said he let us in because he felt right about it. He told us about how one of his friends died when he was 15 and then later on in his life his girlfriend left him with his son in the home he was diligently building for their family. After explaining his story he expressed a desire to know what brought us out here. Elder Bradshaw shared how his mom passed away, and after a very hard year, he decided to take her advice to study the scriptures. They truly helped him and he wanted to share it with others. I shared how I was struggling with anxiety tremendously when I was in High School, this was a very hopeless time for me and a very hard time for my mom as well, and how the Savior's invite  through my Dad to read the words of the prophets helped me see the Hope of God's light. He is going to read the Book of Mormon. He speaks english so we will need to give him to the correct missionaries but how beautiful it was that God, in his mercy, sent us to him.


Personal
I've loved as always digging more into the Book of Mormon, listening to conference talks, and focusing on fully applying the Lord's counsel in my Patriarchal blessing. I've loved finding and memorizing scriptures such as Heleman 5:12 in Spanish. During my exchange with my Dominican friend Elder Gutierrez I learned how simpleness is such a beautiful thing. After getting to know someone and learning about their relationship with God I can ask the question "what can you do to find more of Jesus Christ's help for your family?." Especially when speaking with mothers I've loved saying, "one thing my mom taught me is that I can always find answers in the scriptures. This scripture is found in the Book of Mormon. Have you read the Book of Mormon?___________The Book of Mormon is Jesus' words to the people that lived in the Americas a long time ago. He said this in order to help our families (scripture). We want to share more of this with you may we come in? 
I've been struggling slightly on not thinking that I have 3.5 months left. My goal is to accept it and serve my God day by day.


E. Bradshaw
Elder Bradshaw and I had a come to Jesus moment this week. What's been difficult is that I'm a pretty sensitive person. Though I'd like to say I'm a "tough guy" because of the gift of diligence God has given me, I've been struggling with the "negative tone" of Elder Bradshaw. We had a conversation about it and he described that his feelings are not very sensitive because of his past. He helped me understand that because his mother passed away, his Grandparents not living close by, and his Dad working all the time, he raised himself from 13 on. Ever since this conversation I've been able to understand that he doesn't hate me:) It's just how he is. I've honestly loved his sense of humor! My goals are to love him by joking with him more often this has helped tremendously!
He also expressed how I need to stop dominating our conversations. We've done roll plays,  he's gotten into a rythm, and is now doing much better in participating in lessons and he now always says the first words on the door step
District
As a whole
I have very much enjoyed being District Leader. I feel that the meeting is my strength. We had an amazing meeting where we commited to apply the Book of Mormon to everyone according to their personal concerns and challenges. we first talked about the main people we have all been working with and what our hopes are for them. We then went around and each companion talked about his companion's strengths. After more discussion of how much we want to help these people achieve eternal life we listed what we have been doing as a district.
#feedthe50
new column of feed the 50
prayers for on dates in the zone at 9:50
Comp Book of Mormon reading to strengthen faith in the Book of Mormon and Comp relationships

We then discussed how the Book of Mormon combined with the spirit is the greatest tool we have to help those we love and how the Book of Mormon, combined with our individual strengths we as companionships and our district can help our people 
receive eternal life or in other words give them the best opportunity. We also did 3 roll plays. My companion and I had made eggs and pancakes before the meeting and we all enjoyed a little district lunch. We will be focusing on applying the Book of mormon to everyone we meet. I do need to find a better way to follow up with all these commitments:)
Hma Goff and Hma Gomez
5 people came to Church
They seem to be getting along as a companionship
Mailian 13 yr old girl close to getting baptized

Hma Falla and Hma Graff
9 people at church. Hma Falla seems to be doing better this week.
Getting people to church but struggling with on-dates

Elders Gutierrez and Beaumount
Had a great exchange with Elder Gutierrez. I absolutely love his spirit! We focused on applying the Book of Mormon in every meeting. I helped him be able to talk to everyone. I love him. Because they find so many people everyday I need to help them understand the importance of organization so they can be more time efficient.

Elders Davis and Hoogland


I'm very impressed with these elder's attitude and commitment to feed the 50. I also very much appreciate their faith in helping us pray as a zone to help those that are on date for Baptism. I had an exchange with Elder Davis. To be honest, I need to better how I do exhanges in order to help them understand more fully how much I love them, understand and compliment their strengths, find areas where they can improve, and then invite them to do so.

That's it.,
Love,
Elder Rigby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday