Selah

Saying good bye to Elder Rodriguez


Hello Family! 
I have very little time but I wanted to let you all know that though I have left my second home of Toppenish Washington-Where the West still lives, I am having a beautiful time serving our Father in Heaven!

Clyde
Hello Clyde! Thank you for writing me! I loved your comments on "people keeping their distance from you" not true clyde! Love you friend

Stockton
I'm glad to hear you are busy. Breaks my heart that you have to leave the games early geeze tough stuff! Best of luck with track I hope you have great success! ;)

Family
Best of luck with the kitchen! I'm looking forward to seeing it when I get back home! Sharing the way to eternal life sounds much more enjoyable! I appreciate what you're doing
I truly love you all! Please remember to read the Book of Mormon i promise all of you will recieve more of Heaven's help in your lives.

Dear President!
The Mission is a beautiful place! I tried to dig out my whole heart from Toppenish and bring it here to Selah-very hard. The day before I left was the most beautiful day of my mission. A day of complete victory. I don't think I've ever felt anything like it. What made it the most special was when Sergio gave me a picture of when he was in Prison and told me to keep it. He said," just remember that you changed that." (his formal self). I also greatly loved going to the Church and then helping the Munoz family(everyone was there it was crazy with 5 young boys running around) commit to reading the book of Mormon. I know I'm not supposed to give hugs but Priscilla gave me a big hug and thanked me for knocking their door. What a beautiful day. I was also able to say good bye to a majority of the members. It was incredibly special.
We read a talk yesterday in my new home, the Englewood Branch in Yakima, called I have a work for thee I felt that this is the truth of what happend in Toppenish
When a reporter tried to recognize Mother Teresa for her life’s mission to help the poor, she retorted: “It’s [God’s] work. I am like a … pencil in his hand. … He does the thinking. He does the writing. The pencil has nothing to do with it. The pencil has only to be allowed to be used.”
As we let the Lord use us in Toppenish he worked miracles. A truth I want to carry throughout the rest of my life. I am excited to go back to Toppenish on the 17th to see Priscilla's baptism and Sergio and Mariah's wedding was on Saturday! Amazing!

I love being a part of the Englewood District, training Elder Bradshaw , helping the people in Selah, and being District leader

Elder Bradshaw
WE have been following the 12 week schedule for Elder Bradshaw's training and we were working on how to use the Book of Mormon more effectively. We have not been able to apply it to it's fullest capacity and power, but having it as the mission focus I've been studying and praying very hard to see how we can use it so that others have a tremendous opportunity to accept the Restored Gospel. I'm very excited. I learned this morning how we can use it within the same context President Nelson and President Monson used it during their conference talks. 1) increasing knowldedge of Jesus Christ 2)the tool that we can use to overcome doubt and fear and receive heaven's help in our lives.
Back to Elder Bradshaw. He has had some very bad head aches; nevertheless he is fighting through them. An interesting bond that we share is that both both of our Mom's had very severe health problems when we were in 8th grade. The difference is that his mom didn't make it. This has given me a much more profound gratitude for my amazing mother. Elder Bradshaw has been fairly stressed due to the fact that he is in his 2nd transfer and does not have as much knowledge of our very large area as he would hope. His mental and physical state has lead him to have a negative attitude. I lovingly told him he needed to change it and he has been doing grand! 
Area
This place is huge! Don't worry though president we were working hard in the freezing wind last night knocking door to door looking for these hispanics. They are as a needle in a haystack here but they're here. I even made a book to document every hispanic person or house we find in Selah. I also enjoyed going out to Tieton(the hispanic version of parowan, utah) A great place we are going to have a lot of success there we just got to get out there!
I met several less actives families this week that we're going to get back to full activity
los Soto

Los Juarez
Also we are helping a recent convert named Pabel(10) He,his mother, and younger sister came to church yesterday , however his 24 year old brother did not. We'll get him.

The Elders have been working with a man named Santiago. We got along really well because he likes to drive his truck on dirt roads and fish just like me! He offered a very sincere prayer to find the truth and he is going to read the book of Mormon but he didn't come to church! We'll get him for that:)
We're going to get to find a lot amazing people this week! a perfect time to apply the Book of Mormon fully into finding!
The District
What a great district! It is really fun to have all ten of us be in the branch. All of them are working very hard and seeing miracles. I invited them to start pondering upon what is the one area they're going to improve in the mission's effort to feed the fifty.

Love you president!
 Elder Corrington is staying in contact with Sergio! Thank you for giving me this incredible opportunity to learn and grow in Selah!

At the transfer site with Elder Horsely
Greeting President Lewis with my new companion Elder Bradshaw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday