Hola from Selah Washington


Hola Familia,

Mom 
I do not know what my major should be. Could you send me a few choices?:) You are doing an amazing job helping your young woman. Never forget you are helping them feel the love of their father in heaven. You're amazing! Elder Bradshaw if from kaysville Utah. He is very good at golfing! He has a heart of Gold and loves to tease me-he tries to play tough guy all the time. He doesn't like to talk to much and has a negative tone; however, don't let this fool you he has a love for God, his children and the work that is contagious. He lost his mother to stomach cancer when he was 13. He is the youngest of his family and has a very strong relationship with his father. Selah is full of White people! I feel I'm road hunting sometimes for the spanish speakers. I feel bad to say this but I am very good at telling you if hispanic people live in a home or not. Selah is beautiful but 30 minutes away there is a little place called tieton where there are many hispanics there are many beautiful orchards and a lot of driving but It's beautiful because I'm learning patience. I still can't run and my elbow still hurts. they are trying to get me in to see a very good doctor. Don't know about Priscilla but I will hear today! Love you!!!

Maleck
So proud of you for reading 1st nephi! You're a good shot! I'm very impressed! that sounds so fun! Hope you stay warm love you bro!

Stockton 
I'm so proud to hear that you are doing so well! you are incredible! I heard you gave a lesson in priests quorom well done! I love you! best of luck throwin the jav!!!

Madsen
I hear you are sick friend and that you gave a great thought while home teaching! Well done! Never forget that your efforts to help these families are very important and appreciated. Best of luck with baseball!

I feel so blessed that I have brothers that love our father in Heaven. He lives and is so very aware of you! Pay attention and you'll see his hand. So grateful he gave me you 2. 

Dad
Dad you are doing such a great job with the family! I'm so proud of you! amidst the uncertainty that lies ahead you are putting a great effort into helping our family stay close to Christ. I wish you all the luck in the world as you continue to guide our family towards our promise land! You like Lehi are ever faithful! I used Ezra Taft benson's talk you sent me for district counsel thank you!

Grandma Weaver
Hello Grandma! Thank you for supporting my siblings so much and your service in the temple! You're an amazing example I love you! Thank you for your prayers oh how I feel them!!!

Grandpa Rigby
Thank you so much for sending me a letter. I surely will get it today at the mission home! Thank you for your hug over email! Give one to Grandma for me!
Emma
Best of luck at the big game! I'm sorry about your foot! You are strong!!! So proud that you are keeping your grades so high and you're serving as a secretary! You are doing so amazing! love you!!!

Dear President! 
It has been a great week trying to get my footing and get to work in this beautiful part of Washington. I'm transitioning to this area and finding some wonderful new brothers and Sisters. I have also loved getting to know my district more. District counsel went very well!


Soto Family
I have loved helping the Soto family. As I previously stated, The Soto family has had their struggles(marriage, bad friends at Hermano Soto's work, drugs). Hermano Soto was praying and he felt like he needed listen to D&C. Instead of hearing the bad conversations of his coworkers he listened to 55 sections of D&C. One of his mean coworkers got mad at him because he wasn't replying(he had his headphones in) and when his coworker heard he was listening to the scriptures his mood quickly changed. The Soto family came to church for the first time in a long time and Hmo. Soto shared a lot of great comments. They even came to a baptism later that day. I feel so blessed to know their family. During this last we week we invited him to go visit the Juarez family, also less active. We will be taking Hmo. Soto with us to more lessons in order to reactivate the Juarez family as well as to help our current on-date Santiago.


Juarez Family
The Juarez family is doing well. As previously stated we visited them with the Sotos. The Juarez family then came to the Book of Mormon classes. It seems that they feel unworthy to come to church. We will be coming to visit them again this week.
One thing I learned from Toppenish is that the only way to see more investigators is to strengthen the members you already have. I feel the greatest accomplishment of this week is the the relationship we established with our less active families. As we nourish the tree(members) the fruit will come.
I went from an area of finding 10 new investigators per week to an area of 1 new investigator per week. However, I know that I struggle with patience and the Lord's ways are higher then mine. With diligence and faith fruits will come!
I love this very strong branch. I am strengthened so much spiritualy every time I go. This time the lord answered my prayers of how I can use my time in the car(30 minutes to get to the main area of hispanics). I was taught I need to sing, I need to pray, and I need to listen to the scriptures.

Great miracle! 
At church yesterday, a man name Henry came down from Moses Lake to go to church with his brother that was visiting from Venezuela. I met Henry while I was tracting in Moses Lake a year and 4 months ago. He was a former investigator and became offended and hasn't investigated for a long time. I walked right up to him after the meeting and it was a joyful reunion!


District counsel
This was the first district meeting I've had as district leader. I felt inspired to emphasize the importance of sharing with our contacts the scriptures in the Book of Mormon that mean the most to us. We went around in a circle and shared the scriptures that mean the most to us. It was a very spiritual experience. One of the Hermanas emphasized how the meeting really helped her. I also invited them to start reading the Book of Mormon as a companionship in order to strengthen our companionships


Elder Bradshaw and I
Elder Bradshaw has been doing better this week. By the end of this week I've been able to loosen up a little more and tease him a little bit. This has helped our relationship. He's a little slow getting to bed on time and getting out on time and I'm being patient and inviting him lovingly to make adjustments. First he truly needs to know I love him, and because he is fairly closed off this has been difficult.


Personally
I'm diving into the Book of Mormon. This week I have loved learning how humility-a willingness to submit to the lord's will allows us to be patient in the process of nurturing our faith. My hunger to know for myself with a greater fullness that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith truly is a Prophet of God has increased tremendously. It has become my greatest desire. I want to be able to have enough of a witness that I may look into the catholic of Catholics and state the truth with enough power that they cannot deny it.













My New Area- Selah, Washington


             Photos from my good-byes in Toppenish, Washington




(Smartphones introduced to all missionaries)

Dear Washington Yakima Mission parents,

We are excited to announce that the Church has authorized us to roll out smartphones to our missionaries. What a blessing! There are two primary objectives with this initiative. First, this tool will allow us to share the good news of the gospel more broadly and effectively than ever before. Second, using this tool in the Lord’s service will help our young missionaries solidify righteous habits in the wise use of technology for the rest of their lives.

Our missionaries will prepare by studying Safeguards for Using Technology and will also receive online instruction on how they are to use the devices. We are intent on helping the missionaries stay focused on their purpose of inviting and helping all to come unto Christ and we have high expectations for how they will use and take care of this important resource in that effort.

As these devices will be owned by the missionaries, the family is responsible to purchase a device for use in the mission field. The mission will cover the expense of the service charges and data plan. We recognize that you are already making great sacrifices to support your missionary and we pray that this will not be an extra burden to your family. If financial assistance is needed, please work with your bishop or branch president. 

If your missionary is from Latin or South America, they will be loaned a Church-owned smartphone and will not be expected to purchase one. All missionaries returning home between now and July 31, 2018, will also be loaned a Church-owned smartphone, unless they prefer to purchase one.

Below are the instructions for purchasing a device; please strictly follow these guidelines. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday