Toppenish Washington

Hola amigos! Buenos Dias!

Alright! I made it I'm back in the basin! Good news I can see Mt. Adams in the distance so I'm going to make it!
Answers to Mom's Questions...
Elder Ramirez
Graduated in febuary of 2016 from home schooling
He then left on his mission in March. 
He has already been in Toppenish for 12 weeks-2 transfers
He likes to swim and loves to just chill! 
Shelley Idaho
Toppenish is called the place where the west still lives. There are murals on almost all the walls of the buildings of down town of indians and cowboys. It's main source of income are the fields full of corn and something called hoppes that are used to make beer. There are many hispanics but also many natives around-hard to make a difference sometimes. Make not it is offensive to say como esta to a native!
My favorite part of it so far is how humble the people are. In Hood River many of the hispanics had great jobs to what they were used to and more money than they've ever seen. they work very hard but are very content. the white population has a hard time believing that Jesus is the God of Israel and the whole Earth. In short they don't have a huge incentive to change. 
In Toppenish they are more lowly in heart so they are more willing to listen to us. I love this. 
The English ward is full of old people. Nice old people...but very old:) I love them but They only socialize with themselves so they don't have friends that are non-members
I love that I'm working in a spanish branch. It is very small but their are few families with mostly a few people in their forties and kids that have recently returned home from school for the summer! 
There is a lot of growth here! I need to learn to relax and become my comps true friend so I can lovingly help him realize we have to get out of the car a bit more and knock on some doors! Their out there!

I'm feeling on the breakthrough as if I'm turning a corner! I was truly inspired by Mosiah 16
 But there is resurrectiontherefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.
He is the light and the life of the world; yea, light thatis endless, that can never bdarkened; yea, and also lifewhich is endless, that there can be no more death.
10 Even this mortal shall put on immortalityand this corruption shall put on incorruptionand shall be brought to stand before the bar of God, to be judged of him according to theiworks whether they be good owhethe rthey be evil—
11 If they be good, to the resurrection of endless life and happinessand if they be evil, to the resurrection ofendless damnation, being delivered up to the devil, who hath subjected them, which is damnation—
12 Having gone according to their own carnal wills and desires; having never called upon thLord while the arms of mercy were extended towards them; fothe arms of mercy were extended towards them, and they woulnot;they being warned of their iniquities and yet they would not depart from them; and they were commanded tor epent and yet they would not repent.
13 And now, ought ye not to tremble and repent of your sins, and remember that only in and through Christ ye can be saved?
14 Therefore, if ye teach the law of Moses, also teach tha tiis shadow of those things which are to come—
15 Teach them that redemption cometh through Christ theLord, who is the very Eternal FatherAmen.
I feel this great importance more now than ever to turn and hearken to his voice that I may be redeemed and have the power and strength to persuade all men through the holy Ghost that is in me that Jesus is the Christ!
I gave a talk dad about what dad's letter was basically about in Spanish branch! Thanks dad! I'm so glad scout camp went well! Way to be dad!
Also happy anniversary MOM and DAD I love you guys! I love you and I'm so lucky to be your son! Hove a great week!

Dear President!
President I love you dearly you are truly a tremendous friend and father figure in my life! However; Are you trying to kill me? Elder Najarian was go, go, go, go which is very much like me but then I was called to Toppenish to serve with Elder Ramirez and it was like jumping off a treadmill going 20mph. I definitely know this is inspired. I will learn the valuable lesson of pacing myself and learning to relax. His slow is quite slower and isn't as a big fan of knocking every door and talking to everyone! 
There are so many humble people here my goodness! HUGE change from Hood River it just makes me want to go tract all day...but Elder Ramirez isn't all in for that one:)

over these past months I've been shaped. I'm doing all in my power starting last night to just let him take over. After reading somethings that my parents sent me(1 nephi 8 and Mosiah 16) I am seeing I just need to cry out and listen. It's all it takes. As long as I do that I have no need to fear!

I told Elder Ramirez how I'm having a hard time adjusting. He said you send missionaries that need to mellow out to him. Well, I'm the right customer then! I love his love. He's just easy going! I hope I can learn from him. I have a really hard time relaxing when it's time to chill and he has a harder time working to his full potential! I love though when we do talk to someone he's very personable!

Right now in the area there is some alright potentials-we reeeeally need to get finding! We are working with several less actives and recent converts that they've done a great job with. 
The greatest part of this last week was last night when we went and visited a less active named Tony. Tony went on a mission and then fell of the path. He's now 40 yrs old and struggles greatly with Alchohol. He expressed how he has a hard time praying. We invited him to pray and it was an incredible experience to listen to him let his soul out. He expressed how he is truly sorry for rebelling and how he asks to be healed. Tears began to pour and I felt these words...
13 O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?
14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.
15 Behold, I am Jesus Christ the Son of God.
He also prayed for us that we would find those hidden in Toppenish searching for the truth.
What a great experience. 
I then went home and then after turning off the lights I felt I should say a second prayer and I just let it all out expressing how I want to be healed. I'm tired and I need to be saved. I asked him just to save me because I can't have this internal battle anymore. I felt this extreme peace and power. The reality that there is a God and a Redeemer. I need to do this more. I prayed also with just everything that we may find those soul begging for light and peace. I know God will give according to our faith.


Love,
Elder Rigby





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday