I'm Doing it- 1/2 way through

 July 10, 2017
 Hola,

 From what it sounds, all of you are very busy! I remember those good times! We went running around the bases in the ball park and I reminisced of sunflower seeds, sno cones, sounds of baseball, and friends of the ball park! You will all be at the park a bunch this week! 
Madsen 
I hope your game goes really well today! I know you've been working very hard! I know you will succeed! We used this analogy with our good friend Josh this week but I think it applies to you as well in your life. When we are baptized, we sign a contract to join the team (Christ's team). When we sign up for this team, our eternal life leaves the law of justice and into the law of Grace! It isn't a team where  our coaches count the errors or yells the moment we make an error. It's a team where we accept, we will make errors but we promise to go out at it flying. Madsen make an error flying for a ball today. Don't fear- that's not how we play on this team(that's something for me as well :p ) by the way you look so tall! Oh my goodness! Relax would you!

Dad
You have quite a colorful plate of things to get done my friend! Thank you for always showing me an example of service. You have always served and that has come to my mind more than anything out here! This week I told the advisors of the young men and young women the concept of shadow leadership. We have it put in full force and our idea of a youth service group has switched over to their idea. Thanks for teaching me to lead Dad!

Emma
 You sure have been hard at work running! I've spoken before of how when I've woken up in the morning I'm afraid because I'm afraid to fail. I'm afraid to fail running, studying and now as a missionary. However It's taught me to really depend on Jesus Christ beg for Mercy(something I really focused on during my talk this Sunday) when we cry out, Emma, the holy spirit fills us with strength, love and excitement! I know you may feel scared sometimes when you are asked to go run a race. Just know your Father is always there and he loves you! He's helping me! He has your back too!

Mom
It sounds like youth conference went really well! I'm sure that was a lot of work! You did a great job! That's amazing you saw that copy of the Book of Mormon. It's amazing that we have it. It surely teaches how in any sad circumstance we can find peace! Nephi and many other teach us that! I love the example of Nephi. I read this, this morning...
16 Nevertheless, did look unto my God, and did praise him all the day long; and did not murmur against the Lord because of mine afflictions.
Sometimes, I'm honestly afraid that I'll give up on God some day and because of my own choice I will fall into a deep abyss unable to be saved becasue I myself have chosen to leave his hand. I guess the bottom line I don't trust myself to hold on to his hand. I pray that he will keep me close and that even when I let go I will always reach back out because I know he is my Savior! I loved the package this week- thank you so much! I love the picture! I have it close to my desk I love the pillow case 😁 and I love the map of mexico! Thank you! I love your words will do mom!
 Maleck
I heard you weren't too excited about cleaning the bathroom this week sorry pal! I hope you have a great day at the ball park!  Go get a root beer vanilla snow cone for me! You're cooler than cool! Don't forget when you are baptized you promise to help others or in your place to help mom clean the bathroom:)

Stockton
Hey Stockton,
Hey brother! Sounds like you're passing through some pretty hard times. Just speaking on a light note...THAT'S ROUGH MAN my goodness how long are these rough times going to last for you. Hear you got some head aches as well geez from the sound of it God is really beefing you up spiritually. Stockton I don't  know everything. I've never stood in your shoes before. I can begin to piece it together though... You've worked since you were in 5th grade in football to get here and now you're here and you may not be able to play. Stockton know this hurts me as well I love you man. Please know I'm thinking of you. If I was in your shoes I'd be asking myself who I am if what I've worked to be is not working out(QB). Stockton you have to figure out who you truly are. I'm trying very hard to do the same. Stockton I'm going to say who you are to me. Stockton is a very strong Son of God with a heart of Gold. When I was a senior in high school there was a time when I felt down in the dumps because I felt unloved; however, in this time Stockton loved me. He talked to me and he joked with me. He helped me understand that I'm important. Stockton is great at finding me when I'm down and helping me remember I'm strong enough to get back up! He's made me smile! Stockton is a true friend! That's who my brother Stockton is! Hey I love you man I could go on and on about how great you are. It has nothing to do with football. 
On a side note my comp's brother just sent him a video of his proposal. Just a heads up I will never marry a girl without you meeting her first!

I'm loving this mission! Wow this is crazy! It's hard in about every way but I learn so much and I'm learning to love! It's hurt more this week because the rejections are becoming more personal. I don't know why. I know this message is real! If we humble ourselves(realize we can't do this alone) and submit to do it God's way, he carries us to heights that are new! I'm still figuring this out but I believe with all my heart that it works that way! You're a child of God and so am I! Thank heavens we have  a Father in Heaven that loves us! You're going to love these videos! A lot of amazing things happened this week!

The highlight was having a family history booth in front of a park where 400 people passed through to go to a concert! We literally talked to 300 people and shared familysearch.org, Family proclamation, or the restoration with them! It's so fun to call people out and have no fear to do it! I'd shout hello sir what do you know about your ancestors! I felt as if I was in the 1840's in Europe sort of! I love you all My prayers are with all of you! Dios les bendiga-God Bless




(every week Elder Rigby writes a letter to President Lewis, the Mission President of the Yakima Washington Mission- I share some of it below.)

Hey President!
I loved speaking with you. I know you have tons to do but you spent a good deal of time with me to help me understand things are going to get better thank you! 

How am I doing?
When Rosi and Diego didn't come to church it was a kick in the gut. We've tried so hard president and Diego is such a great boy who could be changed by the gospel and receive so much support from the father figures/friends he can find in the church. He will no longer be baptized this coming weekend.

This has got me down a little bit but besides that I feel very optimistic of what is to come! I believe all the anxiety and stress I receive probably is coming because I don't know how to relax! I working on it though-one of my goals:)
I had an amazing experience yesterday giving a talk about the Savior giving us strength from the Holy ghost. It gave me so much strength and a renewed perspective. This is a scripture that really helped me

2" And they had viewed themselves in their own carnal state, even less than the dust of the earth. And they all cried aloud with one voice, saying: O have mercy, and apply the atoning blood of Christ that we may receive forgiveness of our sins, and our hearts may be purified; for we believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who created heaven and earth, and all things; who shall come down among the children of men."
Elder Najarian and I
We are becoming true friends. It was hard for both of us to have worked all week to have amazing lessons with member fellowship with Rosi for this last week as well as a soccer game with all the youth and have them not come. We got a little discouraged.  We won't lie, but we love Jesus and have faith miracles will come. 
We are truly a great team it's becoming very easy to be one! I love it!
The area
We found 9 new investigators this last week which was quite incredible! Also the service youth group has started out really well. Fireside next week. As well, elders, ward missionaries, and us are joining forces every week starting this week to bring the LA's back home we currently have an attendance of 35% in sacrament! We'll get this going president don't worry! 

The greatest miracle this week was Josh Lively. Josh dropped off the face of the earth after he received a job at Safeway and said he would pray for a baptismal date. We have tried to make contact with him since but it hasn't worked. This last week we prayed that he would contact us. The next day he texted us and told us he wants to meet. We had an amazing lesson he has a baptismal date of august 5, and he came to church. God answers prayers! I love this because in the mission where sometimes it's dark, the light of the miracles makes a beautiful scene.

Have a great week- Love, Elder Rigby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday