Happy Summer

Hi everyone!
So very excited for an apostle to come to our own mission how incredible. It's blowing my mind.

I want to talk about the triumphs of this week!
We found 2 very solid new investigators
Rosy
works at best western
single mom
3 kids under 10
recently gone through a divorce
she is wondering where God is
she truly wants to find him
We found her after one of our appointments had fallen through and were walking to a backup potential in the same apartment complex. We set up an appointment and went back 2 days later. She was near breaking. After we got to know her a little bit more and understood her religious background and testified God lives and she is his daughter I asked her do you honestly believe that God loves you and is there for you? She then said, "where is God," as tears streamed up in her eyes. We helped her understand that through Christ all our burdens and sorrows can be washed away as we live his gospel. She accepted to prepare to be baptized on June 21

Romona
single mom
3 boys 1 girl(23-7)
works as a lunch lady at the elementary
believes in God. Wants to believe in Christ but very confused with all the voices
we found her yesterday towards the end of our fast.Prior to breaking our fast, We were tempted to eat some croissants during priests quorom but Elder Najarian got the prompting of, "do you want a croissant or investigators," he didn't eat it.
A few days earlier we saw Romona on the street and joked with her and casually asked her, " oh so what number do you live in?" she said that would take away from all the fun.
Yesterday, we started knocking her apartment complex and we found her at the first house we knocked-miracle. We shared with her the restoration. She was very involved and then she accepted invitation to read and pray about the B.O.M we have an appointment with her and her boys Tuesday. Her boys have a lot of questions about God that she can't answer they are going to make a list of questions

At the beginning of this week, I was honestly struggling a bit. I felt abandoned in a degree. I realized God let me feel that way so I could help Rosy feel that God really is there even if it doesn't seem like it. Today, God taught me something I will forever Cherish. The greatest gift one can have is a relationship with our Heavenly Father. I want to know who I am and so does everyone else. This knowledge is the only way we can feel we are loved and can and are worth being saved by Jesus Christ. 

Elder Najarian and I are still going hard! We also found a former investigator this week that is on his way to be baptized on June 21 as well. His name is will haris, 21, works at safeway. He wants to follow God because he wants a better life. He honestly doesn't do much besides work, play x-box, and be around his wife and her family. He is very knowledgeable about the gospel but I still need to crack him out of his box a little bit so I can get to know him. Also with Josh lively, after an amazing lesson of finding our faith in Christ he agreed to pray for a date for baptism. sadly, he got a job and now doesn't seem so eager to meet with us

Ok I love serving with Elder Najarian because I learn so much. He is a great teacher and communicator in both languages. He asks great questions and teaches smoothly and effectively never leaving the investigator in the dark. Unfortuantely, he sometimes does not let me speak as much as I would like. I often bring it up to him. Some days, he lets me speak at a more 50/50 ratio other days its more 80/20. I'm trying to figure out what I can do. I feel frustrated at times because when it is my chance, my Spanish doesn't come out like I'd like or I ask a not very effective question I feel him get frustrated with me and then he picks the conversation back up quite excellently and I feel like a failure. I know I'm not a failure but between messing up when I do speak and then not getting what I feel I don't get to express myself frustration grows in me and turns into anger.  He is very humble and kind when I ask to let me speak more but I need to change things up as well and have more confidence in myself so I can help us help them.

In the area, we are getting our ward missionaries working at full speed to get the great members here to establish their own family mission plan and inviting their friends to come to church, dinner, ward activities, watch a Mormon message, etc.


We are going to make this more of a focus this week instead of tracting. also we are getting the young men out with us. we got 2 out last week. We organized a service project this week for the young men to help widows and we have a B-ball tournament for the young men on Saturday so they can invite their friends


On another note-To the family...

Mom please let sister Grimshaw know how grateful I am for the her card it made me so happy! as well Grandpa thank you for your words and some extra cash. Very much appreciated and thank you for helping my family! 
I will pray for Nash.

You all have been working so hard this week I am so impressed! Stockton I love your cowboy hat and Emma you look so big on that four wheeler! I thought of you all this week and thought maybe you were taking it easy! well I was sure wrong! Congratulations on finishing up school everyone!!!

I'm keeping a video log throughout the week of what happens I call it my adventure and I will send you the card in the mail if you could send it back once you download all the videos and pictures in a safe place. I will be downloading the videos and pictures on a flash drive as well. This way you can see a little more what I'm up to!

This week was a great week honestly with a lot of ups and downs but I have learned so much so grateful to my father in heaven above that I can have this adventure! After I emailed you last week we went on a 15 mile bike ride up tons of hills we got an awesome view of orchards and Mt. hood along the way but I lost 8 pounds. mostly in water it was 90 degrees. CRAZY. 

The next day we helped a 93 year old lady named Milly with her yard. Her husband died when his airplane crashed in WW2. During the war, she made bullet proof vests and helped build airplanes for the war. She is incredile guys. She made us tons of lemmonade and some crackers it was a fun morning!

This week I learned about James Moroni Rigby and his grandmother Jane littlewood Rigby. By learning about James' struggles( providing for his family moving place to place and having struggles along the way and Grandma Jane's heartache as she had 3 of her girls die  in England, 1 one while crossing the ocean, and another as they were living in New York and then her husband passing away as they were preparing to cross the planes) I've come to more fully understand that God's help his light and joy does not come without sacrifice. Salvation is not easy. From them I have received this great gratitude to be where I am and a determination to make the best of it! my heart has turned to my fathers and it is giving me strength I pray I can remember Moroni and Jane as I go throughout struggles in my life an you can too!

I would like to emphasize even more the miracle we received finding Romona! We fasted and it was so HOT outside! I know God rewards us with miracles and will help us do his will, in my case find his Children that want to be found, as we put what the natural man wants behind and focus on his work! 
Dad thank you so much for your talk. I read it again this morning and what I learned was pretty amazing so listen up everyone!

We couldn't have come to truly know our Father in Heaven and know we are his children if we didn't come here. That is the purpose of life! If we come to truly enjoy his company by praying, reading, etc. we will feel his warm embrace! 

I love you all! hey I want to know what you are all doing as a family and individually to come to know our father in heaven! Enjoy my videos I'll be sending! Love you! 
Have a great week!
 mom I'll answer your questions in the video! I'm doing great though!
Love Elder Rigby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming Home

November 2016 update and pics from arrival in Yakima

1st transfers