Leaving Moses Lake

Hey Family!
This was my last week in Moses. I've been reflecting on what I've learned and what lies ahead. It has been a tremendous blessing to spend 4 months here. I've made new friends, overcome challenges, and began to know my Savior. 
The more I understand who he is the more I know I don't truly know him; however, it's a process that takes a lifetime and I'm overjoyed to say these four months have brought me closer to him than any other time in my life! I know that this has come through prayer.
I was reading in Moroni 7 this morning and it describes really what these last 4 months have been for me

This is Brother Dominguez.  He'd always put his arm around me.




My companion, Elder Nunez  and I

Branch Christmas party.  Hermana Cataline de leon (on my left).  She fed me my first 
day of the mission.  She teared up when I said was going to leave.
Mission Christmas party

I shared with the mission how we have Christ as our Christmas gift year round.  It's our
 choice to accept the gift and open it.
 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.
Love. Life is all about love. Receiving love, learning to love, and understanding how much our Savior and Father and Heaven Love us. I'm really just figuring this out and I'm really trying to obtain this love. The love of God. the love that changes imperfect people like you and me become sons of God. I pray that I may receive this love that I may know Christ and be truly happy!

This week with Elder Nunez was a blast! He has really helped learn that I really need to relax. Often times I get anxious when we are not using our time as effectively as possible and this drives away the spirit from my heart. His calm demeanor and the snowballs I've received during tracting have helped me loosen up a bit, laugh, and enjoy the work! I hope I can continue to do so! I got a long way to go! The mission is a great place to improve and I hope it can teach me to relax!

In the Moses Lake 9th North area this week we had some great successes! We received 2 investigators-Carlos and Eric!
Carlos is a pretty solid Catholic man but he wants to learn so that's great! He is always happy when we call him up or stop by his house for a visit! It's great to begin to be able to communicate to people-or convince them I know spanish enough for them to talk to me directly!
Also Eric, the man who lost his wife a 10 days ago invited us back this week! He wants to go to church and for a man who has been against the church in some ways it is a great step. He accepted the Book of Mormon we gave to him and today we will go back and read a chapter, talk, and at least bring a glimpse of hope into his life!
Oscar our progressing investigator is doing great! Saturday night he described how he is feeling the spirit but he's afraid to be baptized because he doesn't want to make a mistake. Elder Nunez spoke with the spirit and helped him begin to understand that he just needs to pray and God and he will let him know what to do. We could tell that his heart was being touched- it may not be soon but one day Oscar will make the choice to be baptized. We have a lesson with him tomorrow I hope that we can help him realize that through Christ we can be saved if we just follow him!
It's also been such a blessing to be apart of the 9th branch for 4 months. They love so genuinely. They're great people. I'm going to miss them. It's been a tender mercy to learn from them and feel of their love.
I'm going to bridgeport Washington on Wednesday! I don't need anything. Thank you for the daily presents and scriptures! they are so fun! Elder Nunez got a big present he is all good! 
Love you all so very much. Please stay warm while working! I hope the project is going great! I miss you but I know I'm doing the right thing! Please know that I love you and You have a father in heaven that loves you so much too. Let him help you! We just need to have faith that he can! We Can do this! Hast luego mi familia!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday