Christmas Day 2016

Dear Family,

This week has been wow just grand. It's sad to see the Christmas season go. I loved being able to share with everyone-members, investigators and random citizens the "good tidings of great joy!" It was a little bit "easier" to share the message of Christ through Christmas but the good thing is we as missionaries testify of Christ all the time so Christmas lasts a bit longer! 
Stopping to help a lady on the side of the road Christmas night


Testify, testify, testify, and then give them cookies-We made 125 cookies to deliver

Christmas dinner at Sister Wettle's house


This week while in the beautiful sacrament meeting we had in the Brewster Branch I sat pondering on the these good tidings of Great Joy. The scriptures emphasize over and over this joy that comes from living the gospel. The truth is I haven't been completely feeling all this joy; therefore, I must not be living the gospel completely. Then the spirit spoke to me and my heart was filled with joy. The spirit whispered into my mind the thought of "love." Christ came to love.
16 And now, my beloved brethren, I know by this that unless a man shall endure to the end, in following the example of the Son of the living God, he cannot be saved. 2nephi 31:16
I know that in order to be truly happy I must follow the example of Christ and love others because then will my joy come. Every moment I live can focus on loving others. For example...
I wake up and get moving because I love the lord
I make my bed because I love my mission president
I do 30 minutes of hard exercise because I love God and I'm grateful that he has given me a body so I can serve others now and in the years to come
I brush my teeth because I love my companion
I study my scriptures and search for revelation so I can help my investigators because I love them
I study spanish because I love the spanish speaking people here.
(you get the idea)
I can always do something to love others!


Elder Nelson and I are getting along very well! Our companionship goal is to improve our comp studies and get in the door. It seems so far things are going well! Ours studies are becoming more effective in preparing us for our activities throughout the day through searching and discussing what our investigators/contacts need to feel, think, and do. We then role play by standing up and talking to the pictures of ensign people (very fun:)
The area is going better! I have great hopes for the coming weeks! The Christmas time/initiative-light the world allowed us to help the people understand that our message is of Christ! This week we were able to talk a lot about Christ to many hispanics although more often then not we were stuck on their mobile home porch. They know who we are now so we are going to strive to listen to them, let them know that we love them, and testify of Christ by sharing testimony and trying to share a scripture so they can feel the spirit before they slowly close the door.(We usually don't have much time) It's going to work!


My favorite time this week was getting to know Domingo. Domingo recently left his catholic roots(something VERY hard to do) a year ago and chose to be a Christian. He reads the bible when he can after getting home from the orchards and he wants to learn more. It was so nice to feel of his spirit and willingness to change. 


Oh there are some other people I loved meeting this week-Jose and Maria
both are about 60 years old but Maria has diabetes and she doesn't have the money for treatment. Her feet are swollen and she is in a lot of pain. It was such a touching time to be able to testify how Christ knows us and he knows are pains, and he came to suffer so we could receive strength through our pains. We left a plan of salvation pamphlet with them and will go back this 
week!


It was so nice to talk to all of you yesterday I hope you all had just a wonderful Christmas I sure did! I'm so happy with our family! We are going to make it! The gift I got yesterday was to know that we love each other now and if we keep going in this direction we always will!
Thank you all so much for your emails today I hope you all have such a wonderful day!

 On a personal note, I also loved eating as much pie as I wanted yesterday:) Oh and last night we were able to bring the sacrament to a brother Dunam! What a great way to spend the Christmas night! Oh and also on the way to our are from Christmas dinner we stopped to help a lady with her car in the freezing cold and only a suit it was awesome! I think if my ancestors walked the plains in this weather with little clothing I can serve in it happily:) 

Love you all so much! I hope you enjoy this week and have an amazing time at Malecks Baptism! Everyone help mom out this is stresfful stuff(luncheon and such) Oh and be kind to Dad when he invites you to work in the cold! However, it wouldn't hurt to give him a slug in the shoulder here and there for me:) 

Love you! 
I'll talk to you later in the mean time I'm going to help save souls!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday