A treasured letter

A picture from Sister Wilson

Dear Bro and Sister Rigby and Family,

As my Husband was recently called as the Branch President where your son is serving, we are getting to know your amazing son!  as a convert of many years ago myself, I'm very grateful for, and mindful of the Lord's missionaries.  He is well, war, and faithful!  I've been so impressed by Elder Rigby's diligence and sincere service to our branch members and their friends.  A month ago, my first Sunday at the Branch, your son's testimony really touched my heart.  He was sincere, his heart full, his Spanish very good, and his love of the Lord shown in his countenance.  I told myself, "That is a great missionary!"

Last evening we had the privilege and blessing of having 6 missionaries over for dinner, including your son.  As we listed to the Elders as they sought counsel from my husband, I was so very impressed with Elder Rigby's depth of patience, strength of testimony, and his love for this work he has been called to.  He is so humble and he knows what he knows deeply within his soul.  And he is kind.  Yes, Sister Rigby, he cleared his place setting from the table without being asked.

I just wanted to share with you, first hand, that your son, Elder Rigby and his companion, Elder Nunez from Mexico City, are truly following the Savior, seeking those who are prepare for or opened to learn of and receive the gospel of Jesus Christ.  As I expressed to my husband at dinner in front of those 6 missionaries, I felt that Alma, Amulek, and the 4 sons of Mosiah were in our home, and they were all great men in Christ.  

May you have a very Merry Christmas knowing your son is serving so diligently, full of charity, and is a peaceable follower of  Jesus Christ.  Thank you for preparing your son to serve our community by serving the Lord where he's been called.  He is so very well.

Merry Christmas!

Sister Jones




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday