Super Saturday- a letter from Elder Rigby

Quierdo mi familía,
     I hope all of you are doing well. It was hard to leave you. I
miss our backyard and laughing together...just spending time.
The MTC is pretty difficult there is always a ton to do from surveys,
to putting together lessons, to personal study, and adjusting to
missionary life and having a companion. We wake always wake up pretty
early, 6:30, and go to personal study, then to breakfast, then to
Spanish class, then to lunch, then personal, companion, and language
study, then dinner, a lesson from another teacher or an opportunity to
try to teach a "investigator" en español.

I've been working really hard to learn the language. Right now I can
bare my testimoiny in Spanish and pray but it is very basic. Learning
another language makes you simplify the gospel.
I'm pretty slow learning Spanish compared to my companion and it's
frustrating; however, it is teaching me to be humble.
My companion Elder Horsley is from Logan he was quarterback and played
lacrosse. His team won the championship in our division this year.
Also he did lacrosse. His Dad is also the stake president of his
stake. It is hard to connect to him because whenever we are out of the
classroom he is always around his good buddy from highschool so I feel
left out;however, our communication is pretty good so we should be
able to iron things out.

In my room in addition to our companionship is another companionship,
Elder Bergman, and Elder Bonny, elder Bergman is pretty funny and is
our district leader he does a good job about being friends with
everyone elder Bonny is pretty quiet though both his parents only
communicated with sign language. I like him. When we were doing
push-ups one night he reluctantly said, "guys I do music" and stopped.
It was very funny. All four of us are going to Yakima so we call
ourselves the Yakima hombres!

The most interesting thing so far is the gift of tongues...it's real.
I'm not the best maybe the second worst in my class but I testify that
when we sacrifice for the work of God we will be blessed with
increased ability to carry those burdens we have to carry.

Yesterday I had a great experience when another teacher testified that
if we sacrifice during meal time to onLy speak Spanish we will be
blessed I really felt the spirit it was such a tense mercy.
Thank you all so much for your letters I haven't gotten my package yet
but I'll pick it up today. I found my camera charger! My Info for dear
elder is mailbox 251, Yakima Washington mission. Really I love letters
so much I miss you all Díos te bendiga- God bless you. I love you all
i Pray for you all the time!

Love,
Elder Rigby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday