MTC- week four- miracles

Hola mi familia y mi amigos!
 This week was something special. I can
feel your prayers thank you. Happy anniversary Mom and Dad! Oh, and
that's amazing that Clyde Spitky's girlfriend taking the lessons.

Stockton you're going to do great going with the missionaries so proud
of you bro! Good luck up in Washington Madsen you're going to do
awesome don't forget to tell me how the ball games go! 

Thank you SO much for all the letters, drawings and the packages I always hang the
letters/drawing I receive on the inside door of my closet, It's so
nice to feel your love.

 Without the mints, I promise I'd fall asleep in class so thank you so
much. Thank you dad especially  for taking time out of your busy
schedule to collect songs on the iPod shuffle and send it to me along
with some snacks! I love the music!

In short God has blessed me already tremendously. His hand is in my
life I feel so humbled to know the lord trusts me to be one of the
workers in his vineyard. 

My Spanish is rapidly improving and I now have responsibility along with my companion as zone leaders in charge of looking after 56 elders. I hope all of you are handling the busy
summer well. Besides the fact the Spanish speaking missionaries lost
to the Germans in soccer this week, my week has just been blessing
after blessing, win after win.

Me and Elder Horsely are becoming better friends and I really enjoy
rooming with elder Bergman and Bonny. The MTC is going very well.

I testify that it is the simple things that bring us to Christ. I
promise and I know that when we pray for strength and guidance with
humility and a desire to do gods will. We will receive help. Please
make your prayers more meaningful as you do so he will be able to
change you. I love Christ he is real his strengthening and cleansing
power is real as well. Joseph did see he and the father. They
directed him to establish a church so the blessings of discipleship
would eventually be available to all. By trying to follow Christ and
be his people, we will receive purpose fulfillment and love that we
have never before hand experienced. I testify that God lives I pray
that he will bless you  as you follow him. I pray for you all thank you for
all your emails and letters. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

I
7/24---7/30(2016)MTC

7/24
Film of Elder Holland's Talk
* You can never go back to who you were before
* Earn your own personal conviction
    * I may not have all the say about my investigators, but I have
all the say about me.
* Obedience is the first law of heaven and the first step to conversion
* An obedient missionary has the spirit with him-this is a promise from God
* His work is done by the spirit...read DC 50
* Never underestimate revelatory promptings...don't miss an opportunity
* The time in the MTC is a time for me to be converted then later I
can share the gospel
* Ephesians 6- the sword of the spirit(word of God) is the only
offensive tool we have
* You have to speak to use the word of God
    * When a man works by faith.. It works by words
    * You can judge the success of your mission by how many times you
open your mouth
    * Enoch was weak of speaking, the lord knew that, but God filled
his mouth with utterance
    * How the Devil tried to stop Joseph in the grove was to bind his
tongue...when a man works by faith he works by words...when a man
fights the devil he opens his mouth and to lose to the Devil he closes
it.
* Will we choose to win or lose

7/25
I didn't have time to say this but me and Elder Horsley are the new
zone leaders! We are in charge of watching over 7 districts-56 elders.
The elders before us were so wise and kind we have big shoes to fill.

Today we had 3 lessons. We taught Santi about the plan of salvation
and María the importance of fasting and paying tithing. These two
lessons with our "investigators" went really well my Spanish is
improving greatly. The lord is blessing me in so many ways.
Our third investigator is what we call a TRC which means they are a
member or an investigator...we really don't know. We did know he
wanted to know why his brother is so happy after serving a mission.
His whole family is supposedly Catholic. We shared with him why we
have gone on missions and why we are members of the church after he
asked about the given topics. It was di

7/26
If the Christ means everything to you...why wouldn't you give
everything for him.

We are called to be witnesses of Christ

7/28
Today we taught another member TRC me and Elder Horsley are getting
really good at teaching together, but I struggled this morning with
Spanish:) this week we were introduced to past tense. It's so hard. My
prayers are getting really sincere and long. Through our faith and
prayers the lord does help others.

7/29
Today we had our last Lesson with Sergio. Sergio is a 17 year old
Latino boy that lost his parents when he was 8, works construction,
and has a brother a lot older than him that joined the church. With
these investigators they work the grounds as well as take lessons.
It's one of the only jobs where they can receive a job based on the
fact they can speak Spanish; however, most of them like Sergio are
leaning towards joining the church.
With our lesson with Sergio today we taught him about the plan of
salvation. Elder Horsley taught the pre-earth life and the atonement
and I taught the fall and resurrection. We got to a part in the lesson
where we shared with him a video about the atonement how through
Christ death has no sting. Afterwards,
Elders Rigby and Horsely with Serjio
I bore my testimony, the lord

loosened tongue, and I was able to bare my witness that through
Christ's suffering He will be able to see his parents again. I'd
prayed so hard before that the lord would bless us to have the spirit
I'm so grateful we were found worthy to have that spirit. At the end
of of my testimony I asked him if he would follow the example of Jesus
Christ and be baptized "¿seguirá el ejemplo de Jesucristo y será
bautizado?
He said yes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday