Happy Memorial Day


Hola Familia,

Grandpa Rigby
Hey! I'm glad Madsen treated you well while you were in Richfield. I'm so glad you are able to get around just a little bit. Glad that the missionaries in your area did a great job. It made me laugh when you said "geezers" Everything is going great and I have no needs but if you could pray for our knees to get better that would be great this is killing me as I imagine it is killing you! I love you Grandpa. How great is it that our forefathers found the faith! Please tell grandmother I love her.

Stockton
Hey! It sure sounds like you're having a fantastic time! I'm so proud of you for putting the work in this year and staying strong! You truly did an amazing job this year you Iron falcon. I'm so excited to hang out with you as well. I'm even more excited to show you my super healthy/fun Big Rig yogurt lunch mix! let me get my knee and elbow better first pal. I've turned into a skinny white kid.:) I'm so truly excited to get to know my little bro all over again. Have a great time! Thank you for taking time to email me. I love you.

Dad
Cool hunts!!! College boy that sounds funny. That basement is going to be a riot...no no I've changed don't worry it won't...well not promises. I'm so glad Stockton is happier. 5 days is sufficient. Good work with the properties dad. I have been thinking about the worries you have for the financial welfare for our family. Thank you Dad for your thought that was truly special I love you. 

Mom
Hey mom! Yes thank you so much for your messages and packages. So sweet of you! Thank you for sending pictures and the notes form the lesson. When I was a young man I promised myself that I would do my homecoming talk very soon after I get home. Can I pleease do it before the end of June. I love you mom thank you for being my rock.

Area
Yesenia Cardenas
She is doing amazing. This week she was not able to come to our church tour. Elder Lowry was sick of her canceling the Church tours so we, with the help of Elder Gutierrez and Elder Bergman, made a virtual church tour. It was incredible. The Pimentels also made a short video about the primary. Yesenia loved the tour especially the primary. We later in the week brought the Pimentels to a lesson. Yessenia and Hma. Pimentel became great friends. Yessenia finally opened up to someone besides us. We are going to add Hma. Pimentel to our group chat on facebook. Yessenia is excited to come to Church next week. She really wants to help her kids know about God. It's been so great to see how much God loves Yessenia. She noticed the happiness the Pimentels demonstrated during our lesson. She asked us,"what's the secret you have to tell me." We resonded," that's what we've been doing the whole time." 
Some other things I've learned about her have been that work has always been her escape. The only place where she has felt good enough. She just wants to feel loved. I loved it when Hermana pimentel asked if she could give her a hug. The only obstacles in the way are the upcoming Cherry season and she is having a hard time letting go of her belief in the Virgin Mary. This week we are going to focus on our relationship with God our Heavenly Father. 


Juan Gonsalez

We had an amazing lesson with Juan this week. He was trying to drop us but that sure turned around quick for him. We shared Juoquin Costa's amazing talk of how his Member Girlfriend Rene said no to his marriage proposal because he wouldn't take her to the temple and his process of coming to know that our message is true. We focused on what Baptism really means-to show God that you are all in to serve him. Juan expressed that he has had a pass similar to Elder Lowry's and my own with depression. It was amazing to see how God had prepared us to help him. He is going to talk to his parents about baptism. His mom is reeeally catholic and this scares him.


Maricela

We had a great discussion with Maricela this last week. In the beginning of our time knowing her she was cold. We helped her loosen up and got her excited to read the Book of Mormon. We have a lesson tonight with a member of the Branch presidency and his cousin.


Rosa
turns out my older friend Rosa, our dear good friend that said we were waisting her time with her, has been reading the Book of Mormon. We went by her home and she told us all about what she had been reading about Nefi.


Evangelica
We met Evangelica's husband this past week. He was very drunk. He makes her sad. Her work schedule is very rigorous and she didn't seem too motivated to make some big adjustments for us to meet with her. we gave her a Book of Mormon and I loved helping her understand that it has the map to help her family it was amazing. We're great friends and I love her.


Gerardo
He is 25 he lives in the home of la familia Estrada. He seemed pretty down but I got to know him during a family home we had with the Estrada family and we are going to help him understand that this is what he needs to find joy.


Jesus Lares & Griselda

Griselda(the mom) has the only desire to help her sons find the right path and not follow the path that her younger brothers took of drugs and eventually death. She tried going to church a couple years ago but due to their loudness during the meetings she got embarassed and didn't come back. This last week she didn't feel comfortable enough to bring all her boys to church but we did help her 14 yr old boy Jesus come to church. Our good friends(the pimentels) gave him a ride. He got bored. However, I explained to him he doesn't understand it yet of why we go to church or like he's practicing but he doesn't know if our when he has a game. I'm excited to help him, his brothers, and his mom, come back to church.


Veti
Veti is a fun single mom. We saw her in a trailer park in Selah while she was spraying her kids with water. A couple years ago she went through a tough divorce and she is currently working 2 jobs. We were able to help her understand how the Book of Mormon is more guidance for her. She is excited about it. We are going to stay in contact through videos and text. 


La familia Estrada
We had a great lesson with them this week and we became better friends it was great!


Jose Luis
We found him when he came outside to calm down his raging Chihuahuas. He is an old man in his late 60's he works nights due the fact that he wants to take his grandaughters to school and watch over them when they come home. We shared the Restoration and he just soaked it up, wants to be baptized, read the book of Mormon, and receive the holy Ghost. He made friends with a member that we brought named Hermano Alvarez, which was awesome. The only thing holding him back is he can't read due to an eye infection and sometimes he works for 18 hrs straight. We wanted to get him the gospel library app but he didn't know his apple Id password so he could listen to the Book of Mormon. That was frustrating. This man has been prepared to hear the gospel! I'm so grateful God lead us to him. 


Eduarda and Juan

We found a family who is struggling with the loss of her son. We made a great friendship and they even gave us mangos. I love mangos. Going to teach them this week.

Elder Lowry
Elder Lowry and I continue to get along very well. he is making great strides. We have made an effort thanks to his perspective of talking about families, the prompting I received to focus on the blessings God has given to them, and then Elder Bergman's inpiration to turn to the Book of Mormon to help them understand what God asks of them. We have also made strides to pray with more intent. God's love and our reaching out for more help has brought a down pouring of blessings on this area. Elder Lowry said he is happier than he has ever been. I'm so glad.

District.
Everyone is doing great! They are seeking for inspiration from heaven-the invitation of President Nelson and the focus of our District meeting. We are seeing great blessings. The hermanas especially were able to get a lot of great people to church. The Zone leaders in our district are keeping everyone "piped" we call it. Hyped- but instead piped because I said it wrong during district meeting. Elder Gutierrez is looking like he is doing much better-happier. As well my exchange with Elder Bergman went really well he is so grateful for his mission, diving into the work, and he is very happy.

Myself
It has been slightly difficult to keep my mind 100% focused on the work but as the miracles have come It seems like nothing has changed. I am taking strides to be more linked with God in his will by listening more and fully expressing myself to him and I am recieving answers. One of the things for example I learned this morning is to trust in my God, the calling he has given me, and the power I have been given to fulfil my calling. I learned this after God told me through a sign on someone's house to not fear. he directed me this morning to ammon's story and that is how I received this revelation. I love being a missionary. He loves his children and I am loving being apart of how he expresses his love.


Love,
Elder Rigby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday