Happy Mother's Day













Hola Familia,

Mom 
Thank you for sending me that wonderful email with all your grandmothers! It's amazing how one mother can effect another and then eventually me! I truly want you to know that I am so eternally grateful for every effort you have ever given towards me to help me from the stinky diaper, to helping my hair measure up to my expectations in Elementary and middle school, to sitting on the recliner in highschool while I tried to calm down, to having patience with my pride during my senior year, to keeping me pointed in a direction that would lead me to this moment on my mission. I love you mom. I'm trying my best to keep the love moving forward. Giving away all those no bakes and making that cake yesterday reminded me of those many times you sent me to do deliveries. I love you!

Stockton
thanks for the Email Bro! So fun to talk to you yesterday! Best of luck with State trak this week. Remember the most important is not what you do or how well you do it but who you become. Be fearless! Love you bro.
Thank you everyone for the great call yesterday! love you all!

Mission update

Area
Edenia Urenda- We had a great discussion with Edenia this last week discussing her purpose in life based upon words from Prophets ancient and modern. She has been reading the Book of Mormon personally and marking it up. Very cool! We invited her to baptism at the end. She said no... this time:). We were not able to discuss why she does not feel that she wants to be baptized but she wrote it down in her study journal. She is going on a 2 week vacation to visit her family in california and then his husband's family in mexico. Thanks to technology we will stay in contact.


Yesenia Cardenas
We have not been able to have a lesson with Yesenia this week but we have stayed in contact. She is doing well and has great desires for a church tour.


Jorge Garcia

We met Jorge and his 9 year old boy andy while they were playing basketball. Jorge is the father of 3 and his wife struggles with a heart disease and has a tumor in the back of her head. We sat down with Jorge and had a lesson with him. His wife was unable to come because she was suffering from a head ache. Jorge has great desires to truly learn what the bible saids. He currently is assisting a lutheran church. He wants to follow the example of Jesus Christ so he accepted a baptismal invite for the 27th of June.


Hermana Sumano

We finally found what was keeping Hma. Sumano from progressing toward her first temple trip(she's been baptized for 15 years) and receiving her pat. blessing. She said she had been drinking coffee but has been 3 weeks clean! We had a great family home with her and her 2 kids this last week and they are praying before every meal, at night, and are reading from the book of mormon stories book to her kids! They're doing amazing I'm so thrilled!


Juan Gonsalez

Juan was already to come to church yesterday but our member friend misinterpreted our spanish and did not pick him up. Elder Lowry is following in my footsteps and in this case he's inherited a lack of spanish grammar:) Juan was ok with it. He saids he will come next week. 


Comp
Elder Lowry is taking tremendous strides. He voiced this last week some of his frustrations with me. I am happy to make adjustments in order to help him feel more involved and motivated.


1. Mornings are tough for him and he feels that when he has expressed his ideas I shut them down. He is going to lead the planning sessions and what we do. If we can president I think it would be incredibly helpful for him if he was designated driver. Is there anyway we can make that happen. It would help him feel more like he is leading the show and thus he would be more motivated and happy.
2. He has struggled with exact obedience. He feels my worry and concern for him when he is breaking the rules. Such as not letting me see his screen. He knows I'm only worried about him and want him to feel the happiness that comes from being obedient but he feels that I'm being a hawk. I expressed that I expect him to be obedient, I'll trust him/not be a hawk, and he promised he will give a greater effort to surrender more completely.


Keep the faith,
Love Elder Rigby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday