La Lucha

seleck Rigby

Sep 18 (3 days ago)
to me
Madsen
Hey Madsen! I hope you're enjoying your day! I'm so glad to hear that you had a great time in Colorado! Sounds like you did a great job! You're quite the hunter! That's awesome sorry about the lack of luck! We do a different type of hunting up here in Washington but I understand the feeling of getting skunked! It sounds like you have a full tank and you're ready to hit it. You'll surely hit it in the face! Good luck against Desert Hills this week you'll do great! Best of luck with all your homework as well! Thank you for praying for Leonardo! Sadly he's showed a lack of interest as he did not keep his appointment this week but I have faith that God is still working with him. Working out here you realize people our like tomatoes.... as much as we may want to pick them or convince them to be red some of them just need more time. On the the bright side, We met this younger kid named Juan. He is the oldest of 5 but for some reason he is now living with his aunt and his cousins. He has trouble with studdering and he was to do construction and just do well in School. He wants God's help he just doesn't know quite how to get it. He has a great heart and unlike Leonardo he is ready to change and be "harvested" or "baptized;)" I bet he feels alone being away from his family. I pray that we can help him feel wanted and loved by his heavenly Father. Please pray Madsen that we can teach Juan this week 2 times, he'll feel God's love and a desire to read the Book of Mormon. Madsen you have great faith and as I can just feel from your letter you are growing week by week and day by day! I love you Good friend. Always remember that God has a work for you to do and if you trust him and listen to him he will guide you and help you feel loved! I love you man! Have a great week!

Stockton
Hey Stockton! So glad to hear your health is doing well and that you're performing well too! Looks like you had a good time at Homecoming! How'd the royalty assembly go? I totally forgot the girls name but good work! That's very admirable of you to let your buddy tag along with you and your date for the dance! I heard you recently had the first mission prep class! Stockton, as you have read from my letters, missions are hard. To be honest when I came out here I felt like a young strong tree enjoying the sunlight and then God cut me down!:) It has hurt and it has been a struggle. However, above all else I've gained some great friendships that I wouldn't trade for anything. Such as last night, We felt like we needed to go visit a father named Mario. Turns out we met his son Mario Jr. Mario is 16 and he has really does love God. He's very grateful for the work his mom and Dad have done for them. Here in Washington, what typically happens is the parents(Spanish speaking) come to the united states and get married and have families they work very long hours with little pay picking apples, pears, cherries, peppers, and little ball like plants called hops used for making Beer. There only hope is that there kids get an education. Mario recognizes this and he is so grateful for his parents and he just wants to follow God. Long story short very humble great kid. We show up at his porch last night while he is playing on his phone and we have an amazing discussion with him about God and how he talks to us-gives us peace through his word. We help him understand what the Book of Mormon is and we give him his own. He is so excited to read and we're going back tomorrow. Stockton I would never be able to experience moments like these if I didn't come out here. A marvelous work is about to come forth among the Chrildren of men and Stockton you got to come be a part of it. It has cut me down and now as I'm growing my trunk is a little wider, my roots thicker and I know that I'll be able to grow high because I'll be focused on growing straight up towards him.
Hey and wouldn't it be cool to be Freshmen at SUU together for a semester? Just saying that would be soooo fun! Love you Stockton! Thank you for praying for our people up here please pray for Mario this week that he'll read the Book of Mormon! I'm counting on you!

Emma
Oh my goodness Emma you are doing so great! I'm so amazed! I saw that picture of your medal! my goodness! I heard you did an amazing job on your talk as well! I would always get super nervous before races but it looks like you're just tearing it apart! As well, you gave an amazing talk in front of so many people! Wow! I'm so incredibly proud of you! I love you Emma and always remember that Heavenly Father loves you too!

Maleck
Hey Maleck! I hope you are loving school! I'm sad I haven't been able to hear from you but I hope you're doing super well! Hey there is this kid named Jose and Evelet his sister he is 6 and evelet is 7! Something kind of crazy is that during a lesson they threw a puppy and it broke it's paw. kind of reminded me when you and one of your friends hurt my duck! haha! Them and 4 of their friends came to church on sunday. this means that 6 kids your age came to church they were sitting next to us and we were trying to help them behave. haha it made me feel like I was trying to help you when you were younger it was funny! I love you Maleck1 Go kill it this week in Football!

Grandpa
Hey Grandpa! Thank you for your very kind note and the money. So much appreciated thank you! I'm so glad you had a great time up in Colorado! Sorry to hear about your flu! Get better my goodness sounds awful! I'm so glad Grandma's surgery went well! I hope she heals quickly sounds very painful. Please let her know I'm thinking of her and love her very much!

Mom
Hey Mom! I hope you get to go see the leaves changing soon! I miss you too mom to be honest! I'm so glad that you are all reading your scriptures. It's ok that you caved to Curious George I found that pretty funny! Mom I'm always so very grateful for your emails you have such a great spirit about you! Thank you so much for the M&M's they made me smile!

Dad
Thank you dad for your email! Oh no that's so sad I don't know what happened I tried to find that week on my flashdrives and couldn't find it ugh. oh well that's how life goes sometimes. Dad I hope you get feeling better soon. It sounds like the mission prep went really well! That's great! You're doing amazing love you!

Nothing like Washington Apples

too cool for school

Mission life

Saying good-bye to Elder Ramirez

In the kitchen with Elder Banks

Team yellow shirts

And now an update from the mission
Perla
we helped her know what the Book of Mormon is. She is hitting many challenges. It's really hard sometimes for her because she lives in an apartment with a couple other people with her CRAZY kids. She is progressing thou. She is praying and you can just tell her faith in God is growning. She came to church this week but left half because she was just having such a bad day. She left us to handle her kids and nephews and nieces in sacrament. It was fun;)
Yenifer, Brenda, and Juan
Yenifer is 19 and Brenda 17. Brenda has a 3yr old named jesse and Yenifer has a baby on the way. Very sad. They both are working hard trying to get schooling so they can provide for their children. Juan is there cousin who is living with them. We were able to get to know them this week, help them understand God is there and loves them dearly and watching out for them and our message will help them and their family. Their family lost a friend and so we also made some no-bake cookies for them
Mario
16 very excited to read the Book of Mormon. Has great potential!
Juan and Maria
Older Mexican couple. They already believe in the apostasy and love the book of mormon. They understand very well they need to receive a spiritual wittness themelves. We are bringing our good friend hermano santos to visit them tonight! very possible they come to church next week
Juana(9), Jobana(La mom), and oswaldo(17)
They came to church for the first time in 9 years it's incredible! They said they felt the spirit and Juana is praying everyday! so exciting! Hope we can get oswaldo involved with youth program
Yahaida and Betsaida
We had a great lesson with them earlier this week with some girls from the ward and their dad. we went through the restoration for the 3rd time and they finally understand it-or yahaida(16) at least. The only thing keeping them back is that they are already super active in their other church.

We found 7 new investigators this week. We just need to be able to help them commit to prepare to be baptized



If there is one lesson I feel that God is giving me is that I need to just give him everything and follow him
and when he was gone forth intthe way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him,Good Master, what shall do that may inherit eternal life?
18 And Jesus said unto him, Whcallest thou me good?there is none good but one, that is, God.
19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commitadulteryDo not killDo not stealDo not bear falsewitness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all thesehave observed from my youth.
21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, Onthing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thoshalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the crossand follow me.
God is asking me just to give it all. Hold nothing back. I have served with almost everything. Now it's time just to give it all. Not just all my effort but to stop thinking of trying so hard and just listen to the spirit and be guided. 
God lives and I do my best to declare his love everyday! What a blessed time to be alive where the heavens are open and we know how to find eternal life!

Elder RIgby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday