Los Milagros en camino


 Buenas!
I don't even know where to begin with this week the lord is blessing us tremendously but first I wanted to talk about you guys!

Maleck
Hey Mal! I sure sounds like you had a great game! Great job that's amazing! You're doing super well! Elder Adams is great! He's such a happy guy and he makes a lot of funny noises! I tease him about it:) We make a really good team! I know God sent him to me! I'm so excited to hear how your game goes this week! I love the temple picture you guys sent me! I'm so proud that you are doing so well, and you guys are doing your faith in God and having Family home! You can do it all Maleck! I love you a ton Bro! Thanks for checking up on me! You got to keep me out of trouble:) Have a great week man! There is a Girl your age Maleck named Juana. Juana is 9 and her mom hasn't gone to church for a long time. We went to her house and her Mom, Jobana, really wants our help bringing her family closer to God. While at Juana's house we talked about how God loves us so much and we can feel that he loves us through prayer! We invited Juana to be the family prayer leader! It was funny because it reminded me of how you always like to pray! Don't forget to pray Maleck! You're a prayer leader too! Please pray for Juana and her family that they'll make time to meet with us and come to church! We need your Faith:)

Emma
Hey Emma!
It sure looks like you are having a lot of fun! It looks like you learned a lot from the conference with Elder Stevenson! Don't forget what you learned it's what Heavenly Father wants you to know! I'm also glad you had some fun making some crafts! I would love a prayer pail! thank you! Great Job in your Cross Country meet! How do you do it Emma? I'm so proud of you! That must of been soooo hot! Good luck in Hurricane you'll do super! I love you too Emma! you're the greatest! Oh Emma! there is this young boy named Mario that we found at 8:30 one night earlier this week who is your age! We went back yesterday to teach him and his 24yr old aunt Erica! We had an awesome lesson! We talked about how God always loves us so he always calls a prophet! Beccause he still loves us he called Joseph to be a prophet and gave us the Book of Mormon! We told Mario and his aunt about the Book of Mormon! I really think in a month or 2 they'll be baptized! Emma we need your help will you please pray that Erica and Mario read the Book of Mormon and feel that it's true! You have such great prayers I know God will listen to you!

Madsen
Hey Madsen! I heard you're off for your Elk hunt in Colorado! That sounds like a blast! Dad says you're doing real well! Keep it up and best of luck on the hunt! Most of all Madsen I was so glad to hear your prayers are going real well and you have a great love for the gospel! This is such a joy to me. Almost everyday I talk to boys your age who don't pray and don't read their scriptures. This tears me apart because then I also meet boys who are then my age and they're smoking marijuana and getting into drugs but most of all they're miserable. Keep up the fight Madsen! You're an amazing son of God. When your foundation is strong in Christ there is nothing to fear! Oh yeah Madsen We met this cool Mexican kid named Leonardo that is your age this week! He played a song for us and then we talked about the Restoration! He has a really good heart and I know if we're able to find him this week we'll be able to help him a lot! Can you pray that he can soften his heart and really have a desire to come closer to Christ? Thank you madsen! Go get a big one!

Stockton
Hey Pal! I saw the pic of your interception! way to be #35! I wore my teal tie on Friday just for you. The funny thing is when it was game time at CV we just into a lesson with a young man named Ivan-interesting how things change. Heard you guys lost by 6. That's a tough one man but it sure looks like your team fought hard! So proud of you man! You've overcome so much battles to make it! This good guy Ivan we're teaching is 19. He reminds me a lot of you because for some reason he died his hair blond. He's a Mexican and why he has blond hair besides me but he looks like you when you don't do your hair haha!  Anways, It's really cool because he's been reading the Book of Mormon everyday! We had a great lesson with him and I loved it especially because I felt so at peace! He really needs your help Stockton! He wants this but school is hard for him so it distracts him from meeting with us and committing to be baptized. Can you please pray that he can commit to a specific day to be baptized this week I know your prayers will really help! Stockton keep fighting bro and keep that positive attitude! I know your teams looks up to you and as you receive strength from Christ he will lift you and enable you to help your brothers on the team! Keep an eye out for opportunities to speak of Christ with your teammates you will never again have the opportunity you have now to help them turn to him and be rescued!

Dad and Grandpa Rigby
Great to hear you are out on the hunt again! Hope we both land a big one tonight! Great to hear you are all having a good time and though I can't wait to be there in the camp trailer eating some great grub and loading up my pack with snacks for a great evening hunt, I wouldn't want to change anything! What a miracle a work this really is. Love you Both! When you talk to Grandma Rigby can you please tell her I love her and pray that she is well? Thanks:)

Mom
Thank you so much for your letters and your support mom thanks for keeping our family on the path I love you more than you can know:)
Grandpa Jake
Hey Bud! How great it is to hear from you! I love to hear from you because I've learned to take your advice to heart and it truly helps me! Thank you Grandpa I will get the folks to church and read 3 nephi 11!
There is no possible way to talk about all the miracles that happened this week but Toppenish is blowing it's top! No doubt to your prayers are bringing angels our way to guide us! Thank you

Perla 
Perla and her kids came to church! It was such a great sight to walk to their apartment to see them all ready to church! The Branch sisters came with open arms to Perla and Jose(6) and evelet(9) loved going to primary. We were able this week to bring perla into the church and help her feel the spirit their in. She had never felt that peace in her life. She struggles with a lot, bad friends and family, little money, husband in jail, and a lack of discipline but she really wants to have her family be close to God so she can feel peace. During Sacrament she walked out and her kids followed because she was embarassed how her kids were acting it was so sad and we haven't had a chance to find her since.

Noe and Norma
This week we were able to get the branch pres. over to the house of Norma and Noe. Norma's brothers lived in the city in mexico where the big earthquake took place and she still hasn't heard from one of her brothers. She is so scared and sad. We tried our best to comfort her and invited her family to come to church. Great news is that Noe and his littlest son Ozy(5) came to church this sunday and met some more of the members! it was great! They truly have a desire and it's growing! So blessed to know them.
We found 2 new investigators Juan and Maria! After explaining very simply how the apostles had a very "special apostle power" called the priesthood they understood very well and when we told them there are living apostles on the earth their jaws dropped. They are an older couple but as we teach simply their love for Jesus Christ will draw them to love the Book of Mormon!

This last week met a boy a year younger than me name Rafael. He finally has been given the chance to go back to school because he family is more financially stable. He speaks of his dreams of being the first in his family to graduate and go to high school. It broke my hear to her him describe how he and his brothers and sisters used to watch as their mother was beaten horribly by their biological father and how they grew up very poor and very hungry often only eating tortillas with cream. He wishes to make a better future for himself but with his drinking problem it will be very difficult. This saddens my heart deeply because I know there are many families struggling terribly right now in my area and as hard as I might try we will never reach all of them. This really hurts me however. I know God lives. I will do my part or as in football they say 1/11th.

Elder Adams is such a jovial guy! I love his great attitude and how he raises his left eyebrow tremendously when he gets serious in lessons! He is such an answer to my prayers I truly love the guy! We are working on having an attitude full of faith and the fruits are truly flowing! we found 8 new investigators and had 2 people come to church! This is great and it's just the beginning!

You know sometimes I get thrown for a loop by how the devil fights me  but yesterday at church one of the speakers talked all about the power of music! I'm going to try to memorize some himnos to learn spanish and at the same time sing praises to my God! Oh how very grateful I am for this mission. It has torn me down and is changing me tremendously. It is helping me forget about the so called "achievements" that I've looked for all my life to measure up to who I'm supposed to be and is turning me to give all I have to the people. Blessed be his name forever for saving me and getting me here.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday