God Lives


Mission update and notes home-

Maleck
Hey Maleck! Yes Maleck Elder Adams is a very funny guy! Oh yes Maleck we are meeting so many new people! 
I saw the pictures of you in your camo! Way to be! You're a true hunter! It made me get really happy when I saw that you were watching my videos! I wasn't quite sure if you were watching them that closely or not! Thank you for writing me maleck I love you so much and I hope football and School go really well for you this week! Love you!

Emma
Hey Emma sounds like you're on a big hunt I'm so proud of you! I wish you the best of luck! you look so warm and bundled up! It's so pretty where you were hunting! Just like you;) Keep me updated on the hunt! Is cross country still going? That's so fun you get to miss a little bit of school! P.S. I loved hearing your voice! Thanks so much for that!

Mom
Hey Mom! Thank you first off for the bread. Wow that is so delicous. I shared the normal loaf with elder adams as well as the other elders(wright and Gallacher) they all loved it! Thank you so much! The hot Chocolate is delicous and I was overjoyed to see the landscape on the card as well as the story of Christ inside. I'm one lucky missionary. Having a loving Mom like you helps me realize how Merciful God is. Of course I did nothing to deserve you but God loves me so he gave me you! 
To answer some of the questions...
.
Dad
It looks so exciting going out in the hills and hunting wow! Dad I'm so glad you're helping the young men you do such a great job at helping me! keep it up even with those early mornings. As well, thank you touching on how this mission will shape me. My life before the mission is already helping me in countless ways. Oh how great are the ways of our God. Christ's power is real!
There is one thing I would like to say though. Yesterday during sacrament meeting I felt very inspired to focus right when I get up to pray for my people and read the book of mormon prayerfuly as President Monson has counseled instead of going to exercise first. I know this will help.Thank you dad for all your support.

Stockton and Madsen,
I wish all is going very well with school, your health, sports, girls:) haha, and especially your relationship with God! We had tremendous success this week and I hope as I relate some of these stories that you can obtain something from them

But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance.

I am not anything special. I am a son of God working to bring my brothers and sisters home. I've been struggling with my own weaknesses but I have not given up on God. I've trusted him to make nothing(me) enough to help somebody(them). His mercies are great and how they're raining on me now - he is making us mighty even unto the power of deliverance
                                                Toppenish Washington

New people..
.
Jimmy(18)
I met jimmy 6 weeks ago with Elder Ramirez. We stopped by on the street and all the sudden there's my good friend Jimmy. He is a larger kid, mexican, and loves fixing cars. We shared the story of the young rich man. We invited him to follow Christ and meet with us again. He accepted. We expressed it was going to come with a price but it was incredible how the spirit filled our words and as we invited him to prayer. he gave a great prayer. we'll see him tomorrow. Funny story is he had just had an arugument with a boy named Cesar about how there is a god!

The Ramirez Family
Cesar-19
Isaias-15
Auora-Mom
Last night after a week we went and visited the Ramirez family as we promised them a week ago after meeting them at their door step. Aurora is torn apart because after her oldest son(she has  8) went to college he stopped believing in God. He shared this belief with his brothers and this spread this atheistic belief into their minds and they too gave up their belief of God. Auorora is a kind Catholic Lady and as her boys described to us they don't believe there's a God she began to cry and she plead with us to help them. I shared how I know their is a God because I know when there is strength beyond my own. We shared the Book of Mormon with them briefly and we are going to share it with them as proof that God exsists. It is a miracle that we have come as an answer to this mother's prayer 

Gizelle(19)-working and has 3yr old
A week before Elder Adams arrived I met Gizelle's older brother. I felt that we needed to go back. We met Gizelle. I've never met anyone who is so ready to listen. We helped her understand that God exsists and he loves her because she is his daughter and that through him and our message she will find peace! She feels sad and torn because she is sharing her little boy with her boyfriend and she is hesitant about the future but  as we looked into her eyes we could just see her begging for help. It was a miracle that God lead us back to her I know we can help her

Germaine(mom)-recently lost loved ones
There is a dangerous neighborhood in the northern part of Toppenish that has Native housing. At 8:30 at night we we felt like we needed to go knock on this door. We met Germaine. She wanted to get us off her porch. as the conversation continued she opened up and as we asked questions her heart opened and she described the pain and doubt that has come as she has lost 3 loved ones in the last 2 years. She is scared. We told her we know. God wants her to know. This was a miracle

Vanessa Vasquez
(19)-parents gone through a divorce and she's felt like all the doors are being shut. She struggles with anxiety.
Vanessa vasquez is struggling with anxiety and we showed up on a rough day and we helped her know this is the way! We're going back

Who we've already found
perla-didn't come to church

yenifer(19)-pregnant
Brenda(17)-has 3yr old
junan
going  to visit them this week!!!


Yahida&Betsaida
yahaida is reading the book of mormon and praying-god is answering my prayers
Juan and Maria Gonzalez
maria is praying to know if the book of mormon is true. She's reading a lot!

Guzman Family
Erica(24)
Emelia(mom)
Teresa(29)
Juan(29)-boyfriend of teresa with sweet beard 
Gave them the Book of Mormon and described who Jesus is! Emelia is very interested! I think we'll get her to church this week!

Jobanna
(LA single mom)
Oswaldo(17)
Juana(9)
Jobanna just has this feeling of fear we need to help her but work on sunday isn't helping.

Carmelo(27)
gave him a church tour and he came to church! he's a little hesitant but I got Faith we'll help him understand this week!

Love,
Elder Rigby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1st transfers

Coming Home

The drop off- Weeping Wednesday